Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal at home... where can I get a ticket

• 09-01-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

chaps the wife has booked us a weekend in London away from the kids, arriving in on the friday and leaving on the sunday evening the weekend of the arsenal match at the lane on April. Im looking at all possibilities of getting a ticket. Where do I start, dont mind the price to be honest, just want to be guaranteed getting a legit ticket. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

chaps the wife has booked us a weekend in London away from the kids, arriving in on the friday and leaving on the sunday evening the weekend of the arsenal match at the lane on April. Im looking at all possibilities of getting a ticket. Where do I start, dont mind the price to be honest, just want to be guaranteed getting a legit ticket. Cheers

And what are you going to do while she is at the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭slegs

If you dont mind price they will be on Stubhub one they are on sale - likely 150GBP upwards

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We'll try sort you out mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We'll try sort you out mate

I'd appreciate any help at all to be honest. I was on one of the sites and they can be got, but they are north of £300 !!!! If they are still available at that price towards the end of feb/march i'll fork out as I have to get a ticket with the flights and Hotels booked. Its just the one aswell, anywhere in the ground would do...
    PM me if you need to
    Cheers

if I become a 'Lillywhite' memeber (only £20) for the rest of the season, does this entitle me to get a ticket when they go on general sale to members? or are there no guarantees? any help advice would be appreciated
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

No guarantees. I'll get you a bronze membership card and you can apply with that

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No guarantees. I'll get you a bronze membership card and you can apply with that

PM sent. Thanks

chaps im just giving this thread a bit of life as Its getting close to the members application date (13th March). But if anyone is in a position to try and get me a single ticket for this match I would really appreciate it. Hatch99 has already offered to try and get one but they no doubt will be scarce. Any help would be really appreciated. feel free to PM me
    thanks

So the game has been moved to Sunday 30th at 4.30... fxckin sick. Anyone ever do a game this late and catch a flight home that night?

Yes but it's a long day and a late flight home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭yiddo59

So the game has been moved to Sunday 30th at 4.30... fxckin sick. Anyone ever do a game this late and catch a flight home that night?

Game will be over by 6.20ish and there's flights to Dublin at 22.05 ex Stansted with Ryanair and Aer Lingus to Dublin.ex both Gatwick and Heathrow at 22.00. You could easiily make any of those flights with time to spare.

Assuming I get a ticket (fingers crossed) I'll be on the 22.15 ex Heathrow to Cork.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Game will be over by 6.20ish and there's flights to Dublin at 22.05 ex Stansted with Ryanair and Aer Lingus to Dublin.ex both Gatwick and Heathrow at 22.00. You could easiily make any of those flights with time to spare.

Assuming I get a ticket (fingers crossed) I'll be on the 22.15 ex Heathrow to Cork.

Just saw its a bank holiday, I'll stay the extra night if I can get a ticket from somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭YiddoOConnell

yiddo59 wrote:

yiddo59 wrote:

How much are your flights? Im flying over in the morming of the game to stansted from cork and getting the 20.35 back to cork that night from stansted for only 60 euro return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

Just saw its a bank holiday, I'll stay the extra night if I can get a ticket from somewhere...

Bank holiday in the UK but not in Ireland - if that makes a difference to you

Ignore - this is a bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

WHL wrote: »
    Bank holiday in the UK but not in Ireland - if that makes a difference to you

1 May is a bank holiday in Ireland!

Yep. Apologies. Mixing it up with the May/June bank holiday

How much are your flights? Im flying over in the morming of the game to stansted from cork and getting the 20.35 back to cork that night from stansted for only 60 euro return :D

I messed up my last post but this might be a problem to you. Stansted Express "seems" to be running through Seven Sisters that day as opposed to Tottenham Hale/Northumberland Park

https://www.stanstedexpress.com/timetable/service-alterations/513-bus-replacement-until-0600-trains-diverted-from-06

WHL wrote:
    I messed up my last post but this might be a problem to you. Stansted Express "seems" to be running through Seven Sisters that day as opposed to Tottenham Hale/Northumberland Park

Thanks for sharing this, we will still be ok as seven sisters isnt far away. Just get over ground back from white hart lane to seven sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭yiddo59

€137 but will probably be more by the time I know if I've got a ticket. I'm too old to chance making that 20.35 Stansted flight :D

Thanks for sharing this, we will still be ok as seven sisters isnt far away. Just get over ground back from white hart lane to seven sisters.

Are you sure Yiddo. Seven Sisters is a fair walk. 4.30 kick-off so it won't be over until 6.20 or 6.25. I would doubt that you will make the 1838 from Seven Sisters so your best chance will be 1853 which gets to Stansted at 1928. I must have spent the bones of 30 minutes in the security queue there last Sunday night. Sounds very tight for the 2020 flight. I'd be inclined to pay the money too and head for Heathrow!!

• Advertisement

WHL wrote:
    Are you sure Yiddo. Seven Sisters is a fair walk. 4.30 kick-off so it won't be over until 6.20 or 6.25. I would doubt that you will make the 1838 from Seven Sisters so your best chance will be 1853 which gets to Stansted at 1928. I must have spent the bones of 30 minutes in the security queue there last Sunday night. Sounds very tight for the 2020 flight. I'd be inclined to pay the money too and head for Heathrow!!

Can always go halves in a taxi back to airport, we can get Express security if needed for a fiver, flight be 20.35 plus stansted normally have gate open 20 mins before departure, ill let you know how we get on ha. Thanks for the watch out tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Can always go halves in a taxi back to airport, we can get Express security if needed for a fiver, flight be 20.35 plus stansted normally have gate open 20 mins before departure, ill let you know how we get on ha. Thanks for the watch out tho.

You'll never make it Rich, i've seen you running and its not a pretty sight :D

Express security would definitely be a help but I'd imagine that a taxi would just get snarled up in the post-match traffic. Maybe others can offer opinions but I still think that it is very tight. Mind you if you do it, let us know.

This 10.30am flight out of Cork to Stansted is handy though for getting in and out in the same day for a 3pm kick-off. Don't think that was the last season

Robxxx7 wrote:
    You'll never make it Rich, i've seen you running and its not a pretty sight

Haha and you can talk...*drops the mic*

WHL wrote:
    Express security would definitely be a help but I'd imagine that a taxi would just get snarled up in the post-match traffic. Maybe others can offer opinions but I still think that it is very tight. Mind you if you do it, let us know.

WHL wrote:
    This 10.30am flight out of Cork to Stansted is handy though for getting in and out in the same day for a 3pm kick-off. Don't think that was the last season

Im not going to be on my own, plus we did it last year as utd was a 4.30pm and no worries there. Will let ye know.

Ya thats a great flight but only saturday available not sunday. Have done many of time :D

chaps, im just giving this thread a bump as applications opened this morning for the tickets. If anyone is willing to apply on my behalf with their memebership, in addition to those who already have, I would be eternally appreciative. When do stub hub aplications open if I dont have any luck with the ballot? only looking for a single ticket...
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

chaps, im just giving this thread a bump as applications opened this morning for the tickets. If anyone is willing to apply on my behalf with their memebership, in addition to those who already have, I would be eternally appreciative. When do stub hub aplications open if I dont have any luck with the ballot? only looking for a single ticket...
    cheers

Unfortunately my membership is not available as have applied for myself, but just to let you know that this game will not be a ballot and will be allocated on loyalty points because it is Cat A. You will need to find a member with I am guessing 170+ loyalty points (this is just my prediction) to have a chance. Best of luck and hope you get sorted.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Unfortunately my membership is not available as have applied for myself, but just to let you know that this game will not be a ballot and will be allocated on loyalty points because it is Cat A. You will need to find a member with I am guessing 170+ loyalty points (this is just my prediction) to have a chance. Best of luck and hope you get sorted.

HI mate, cheers but I have also heard that it will be ballot based. Im hoping it is obviously, but if tickets go to stubhub any ideas on chances of getting one on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

HI mate, cheers but I have also heard that it will be ballot based. Im hoping it is obviously, but if tickets go to stubhub any ideas on chances of getting one on there?

Is definitely not a ballot mate. As regards stubhub is a hard one to call, am sure some tickets will pop up there but could be talking upwards of 150.

8. How will tickets be allocated in the ballot process for “Category A” matches at White Hart Lane?
    The application process will work exactly the same way for all Premier League matches at White Hart Lane, as set out in this FAQ page. For the home matches against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and West Ham United, tickets will be allocated using members’ individual loyalty points. This process will work in a similar way to away matches in that all members must each have the required number of loyalty points individually when applying for tickets in a group. Only the members of the group with sufficient loyalty points will qualify for a ticket. Tickets will NOT be issued based on the average number of points within a group.
    When submitting an application, members will still be asked to specify an upper limit they are willing to accept for match tickets. As detailed in Answer 10 below, if a member opts to limit the price range they are willing to be considered for when they submit an application they will potentially reduce their chances of success. The loyalty points cut-off that is announced for each Category A home match will not guarantee a ticket in the event that a member has limited the ticket price that they are willing to accept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

According to the official site, even stubhub tickets are members only, not quite sure how this would work or if I've just misinterpreted the website and the dates just arent out yet....
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/stubhub/on-sale-dates/

As a guideline though, the watford & Bournemouth tickets are circa £100 so i would expect at least double that for an arsenal ticket, if they do appear

Advertisement