Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The best shop are now doing BCB e liquid (big cheap bottle) anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The White lightening juices are 'ok' - I never tried the Gypsy ones, I started DIYing just after they came out I think. The flavoring is very light in the WL ones, it's there, you get flavor but it always feels lacking. I had a bottle of their unicorn cake left when I started DIY, and added some strawberry ripe and cheesecake graham, boosted it a lot. So there's an idea, get a couple of concentrates on side, and add a few drops to your WL and Gypsy juices to boost flavor. It would still be great value.

I received my Gypsy juice from TBS,the 2 blue bottles were leaking,the screw caps are not a great seal while traveling.
    The other 2 I got have a different bottle design & they were ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I received my Gypsy juice from TBS,the 2 blue bottles were leaking,the screw caps are not a great seal while traveling.
    The other 2 I got have a different bottle design & they were ok...

The clear ones with the black screw on top that WL used are alright. I still use one for nicotine.It would probably leak if I left it on it's side, but I leave it standing, in a ziplock back, in the steep press. I just use it for easy measuring when mixing, only ever fill it a little a time. I keep my main nic in the original brown glass bottles.

The Unicorn Cake I buy comes in a massive unicorn bottle. It is a very good design, once you work out how to open the damn thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bought the Tiger's Blood by gypsy juice a while back and really amnt a fan, tried it in two different tanks and always get a peculiar almost fizzy taste off it, maybe it's just me....

• Advertisement

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Bought the Tiger's Blood by gypsy juice a while back and really amnt a fan, tried it in two different tanks and always get a peculiar almost fizzy taste off it, maybe it's just me....

I mixed my own Tiger's Blood at 6mg & I was wondering why there were alot of vapors raving about it,tastes like old boots to me,I have vaped 20ml of it in a troll RDA with a .2 coil,I don't know why I keep going back to it,I think it's a love/hate situation.
    I think it's real tigers blood:D:D

:D:D:D:D you got me going,I just ordered 4 x 120ml 12mg Gypsy Juice....Green Fairy...Blu Rain...Marrakesh and Razor's Edge,with discount & free shipping,it came to €72.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/e-liquid/689-120ml-gypsy-juice-eliquid.html

what did you think of these, any good?

I only tried Razors Edge & I can't remember what tank I put it in or what tastes like:D:D:D old age knocking at the door again...

I'll let you know when I get back home...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Got some of the crispy treats from thebestshop, best liquid I've had by far.

razors edge 12mg is full of fruits with a slight tangy taste,not far off what they say about it in tbs,Ican also taste a fresh orange on the exhale & a good throat hit...
    Been using it in a subtank nano with a 0.5 coil at 30w,very tasty & getting better everyday...

This one could crack a plastic tank....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I am on the hunt for a new eliquid as a regular day vape so am ordering and trying loads of stuff. I'll try stick up some reviews when I have a few tested. So far nothing has really grabbed me yet. I think I need to move away from ones with an added menthol flavour as while the one I was using was described as such it was a very light overtone but it seems when others mention it they really mean this thing has a blast of menthol which I am not a fan of using.

I am on the hunt for a new eliquid as a regular day vape so am ordering and trying loads of stuff. I'll try stick up some reviews when I have a few tested. So far nothing has really grabbed me yet. I think I need to move away from ones with an added menthol flavour as while the one I was using was described as such it was a very light overtone but it seems when others mention it they really mean this thing has a blast of menthol which I am not a fan of using.

MTL or DL...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

MTL or DL...

MTL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,976 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

MTL

I would be mostly MTL as well with nic between 12 and 18mg. Anyway I was in same position as you a few months ago trying to find a good liquid. I figured out after trying loads of different liquids that dessert/cereal type vapes were my favourite. If it helps here's some of my favs from last few months:

Strawberry Milk by Novavapes (Incredibly smooth and amazing flavour, most of their other stuff is quite nice too)
    Docklands from the Dubliner range by ESI (Lovely cereal/milk flavour)
    The King by Digbys (Only nice Peanut Butter based juice I could find after trying loads, not sure you can get it anymore though)
    Pierced by Counter Culture (Amazing flavour. Can't seem to find it for sale anywhere now though)
    Anything from ANML range. Quite expensive and seemingly not available at the moment while they prepare some TPD compliant stock.

I got a sample pack from rejuiced a few weeks ago. Must say it is been fairly disappointing all round. Flavour from most of the liquids is mediocre and the throat hit is quite harsh. They are all 6mg but I have 6mg liquids from other brands with same vg/pg and none are as harsh as these. Anyone else used this liquid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I'm vaping on Fantasi orange flavour and it's pretty good. I'm using it as an all day vape. Nice and smooth and not overpowering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

i only vape tobacco liquid and most of the liquid sold is pretty sh*t if the truth be known, full of all sorts of gunk which lead me to Black Note and was using this for ages, it's one of the best and no artificial sh*t in it at all, the only sticking point was the availability and price, cant be got in Ireland and the UK website i was using were always selling out and it was costing me a fortune getting it from the USA.

Seen an advert for https://drakeseliquid.com/ and thought ill give this a go, they claimed to be as good as Black Note but cheaper, ordered the Drakes burley and was amazed at how good it is, i actually prefer it to Black Note and it's cheaper and fast shipping from the UK, if you dont like vaping anything but tobacco this for me is the best and closest you can get, definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Seen an advert for https://drakeseliquid.com/ and thought ill give this a go, they claimed to be as good as Black Note but cheaper, ordered the Drakes burley and was amazed at how good it is, i actually prefer it to Black Note and it's cheaper and fast shipping from the UK, if you dont like vaping anything but tobacco this for me is the best and closest you can get, definitely recommended.

I second this. Loving the Burley. I've already gone through 100mls of the stuff. I see that they now are doing 50ml bottles and separate nic shots. Works out a bit cheaper than buying the 10ml x 3 bottles. Off to order another 100mls as I've run out (again).

They do tend to gunk up coils in a MTL micro coil set up though, particularly their Virginia and Kentucky varieties. I was having to rewick and dry burn every day which was driving me nuts. I found however that a spaced coil in my kayfun has resolved this problem and can quite happily get through 30 mls or so before it needs rewicking. Fantastic juice though particularly for MTL. Not sure if you'd want to be sub-ohming this as it's pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just Ordered 3x10ml 12mg bottles of that Drakes Burley.. can't wait :-)

Just Ordered 3x10ml 12mg bottles of that Drakes Burley.. can't wait :-)

What did you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

jonnny68 wrote: »

Looks great, about to bite the bullet but £10 for shipping!?

Found a 20% off voucher 'stoptober' but still seems crazy to be paying that much for delivery.

mccard wrote: »
    Looks great, about to bite the bullet but £10 for shipping!?

Found a 20% off voucher 'stoptober' but still seems crazy to be paying that much for delivery.

You should use DPD Wizard or Parcel Motel,free UK shipping to these plces,DPD or PM will only charge you €3.85

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/HomePage#/

You should use DPD Wizard or Parcel Motel,free UK shipping to these plces,DPD or PM will only charge you €3.85

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/HomePage#/

Or move to the UK like I did :D

TinCool wrote: »
    Or move to the UK like I did :D

I moved back over here in 93,was less traffic on the road:D:D

I never thought I'd see a traffic jam in Ireland,who would have thought that there would be free shipping in the UK...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

TinCool wrote: »
    I second this. Loving the Burley. I've already gone through 100mls of the stuff. I see that they now are doing 50ml bottles and separate nic shots. Works out a bit cheaper than buying the 10ml x 3 bottles. Off to order another 100mls as I've run out (again).

They do tend to gunk up coils in a MTL micro coil set up though, particularly their Virginia and Kentucky varieties. I was having to rewick and dry burn every day which was driving me nuts. I found however that a spaced coil in my kayfun has resolved this problem and can quite happily get through 30 mls or so before it needs rewicking. Fantastic juice though particularly for MTL. Not sure if you'd want to be sub-ohming this as it's pricey.

I just bought this brand and set up dpd parcel wizard. Both on your recommendation. Looking forward to delivery .Currently vaping burren blend but wanting to try something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I would be mostly MTL as well with nic between 12 and 18mg. Anyway I was in same position as you a few months ago trying to find a good liquid. I figured out after trying loads of different liquids that dessert/cereal type vapes were my favourite. If it helps here's some of my favs from last few months:

Strawberry Milk by Novavapes (Incredibly smooth and amazing flavour, most of their other stuff is quite nice too)
    Docklands from the Dubliner range by ESI (Lovely cereal/milk flavour)
    The King by Digbys (Only nice Peanut Butter based juice I could find after trying loads, not sure you can get it anymore though)
    Pierced by Counter Culture (Amazing flavour. Can't seem to find it for sale anywhere now though)
    Anything from ANML range. Quite expensive and seemingly not available at the moment while they prepare some TPD compliant stock.

I bought the orange nimbus from nova vapes but it just tastes like burn? Even after I changed the coil. Is there a certain wattage I should use this 70/30 juice at?

I bought the orange nimbus from nova vapes but it just tastes like burn? Even after I changed the coil. Is there a certain wattage I should use this 70/30 juice at?

Presume that's 70/30 VG/PG? If so it might whatever coils your using may not be suited to a high VG liquid? I haven't tried the orange nimbus myself. Did you steep it, what are you vaping it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Could someone post a link to e liquid calculater,was googling it earlier but i was only getting recipes,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

damon5 wrote: »
    Could someone post a link to e liquid calculater,was googling it earlier but i was only getting recipes,cheers.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Advertisement