Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> corporate events in United Kingdom

• 12-04-2016 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Mod Note: Thread edited to remove name of business - possible libel. Please do not name any business on thread. OP may identify the company involved by PM only.

Anyone else has dealings with these gangsters? Seem like a legit company who sell corporate packages to rugby games, do all the booking forms etc get you to transfer your money and then guess what - no tickets!!!! And no joy getting your money back either...I have recently had to report them for fraud!! Still waiting on my refund also!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 conoraofarrell

Did you get this sorted? I am awaiting some tickets for the 6 nations in a few weeks, and I'm concerned since reading this, plus a friend of mine had a similar experience recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ladydriver1

Did you get this sorted? I am awaiting some tickets for the 6 nations in a few weeks, and I'm concerned since reading this, plus a friend of mine had a similar experience recently.

Nope never got sorted, reported them to action fraud in the U.K., no joy!!! Also sent solicitors letters all ignored - they opened a new Facebook page a while ago and closed it down from bad comments being left, IRFU sent them a cease and desist letter also as I was not the only person to contact them about losing money from them last Year and the packages they were advertising did not correspond, and they have changed address a number of times I have all the copies of address changes from companies house, Paul is a complete gangster I would love if more people were aware of it though - any reputable company wouldn't close their Facebook page, I hope you get your tickets from the gangster.

You are welcome to copies of all correspondence I have if you wish, the less people losing money to these scammers the better

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

If you purchased with a credit card have you tried to do a chargeback?

He only deals in bank transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Ouch! At the very least, report to Gardai

• Advertisement

If you purchased with a credit card have you tried to do a chargeback?

The payment method at the time was bank transfer and as he seemed like a legit company at the time I did the payment, reluctantly but I wanted the tickets 😞

Ouch! At the very least, report to Gardai

Did it all!! Irish Gardai don't deal with it as he is a U.K. Company, I reported it to uk police who told me to report it to action fraud which I did and gave all the evidence text messages, emails, payment confirmation and the didn't proceed with the case even though I wasn't the only report about him - they even told me this but decided not to pursue it, it would sicken you that he gets to keep innocent people's hard earned money. Any details anyone wants I am more than happy to provide I have all the evidence scanned up

I'll be waiting until the tickets don't arrive before I do anything further.

Interesting that the Mod has redacted the company name from the thread. It's a sure way to assist any rogue company of conning people out of their hard-earned cash of you can't even name and shame them.

Interesting that the Mod has redacted the company name from the thread. It's a sure way to assist any rogue company of conning people out of their hard-earned cash of you can't even name and shame them.

It only took 9-10 months to remove it...no point in the thread now! 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Boards is open to libel action so whilst we understand your frustration we also have to protect the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Best advice with these operations is steer clear.

If you can't steer clear, don't pay unless you can do so by credit card.

And do a bit of research before you do anything else. You don't really need the name of the company mentioned on this thread because they'll have set up another one and you won't be any the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ah now AK, since 2009 there has been no such thing as Libel. We just call it all defamation now :)

Boards were brought to court by a large promotions company a number of years regarding posts about campsite management at a festival. Since then the site has been particularly sensitive to this sort of thing which it understandably has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yep, if they don't accept credit cards stay away. If they do and they are still dodgy you can at least get your money back via charge backs. I know that's of feck all help to anyone who has been stung already, but it's a good rule to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If in doubt contact the club/union who will be able to tell you if you're dealing with an official/legitimate reseller. This was the main advice given for the last RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WibblyWonder

@ Ladydriver, did you consider using Small Claims court in UK? I've also been stung but don't want to let this go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭death1234567

This is the easiest way to spot a scam. If it's bank transfer only then essentially you are handing a wad of cash over to someone you don't know in the hope of getting something in return. There's a reason they don't accept credit cards.

In my case, he had actually delivered tickets once to someone in my company so I didn't do any due diligence or think much of the fact he wanted a bank transfer.

In my case, he had actually delivered tickets once to someone in my company so I didn't do any due diligence or think much of the fact he wanted a bank transfer.

Hey, I didn't go small claims route, to take legal action I need to employ a U.K. Solicitor...another person stung last year had successfully purchased tickets from the gangster before aswell so thought legit and no tickets last year...when were u stung wibbly wonder?

I originally bought 7 tickets for the NZ game which never materialized due to a booking error, which he claimed meant we would get Eng 6N game instead. However, prior to being informed of this, I bought 6 tickets for France game which clearly I didn't get. All told on the hook for 13 tickets and the company I work for bought a similar number.

Can't let this go.

@ladydriver1

This un-nameable company is trying to get wound up. Myself and those who I know have been stung (WibblyWonder) are trying to prevent this from happening until his creditors are refunded. You can fine the info at 'companieshouse dot gov dot uk' (can't post links unfortunately). A quick search and you will find the company etc.

PM me if you are interested in logging an objection, but I think we only have a couple of days from now to get the objections in.

Con

• Advertisement

Objection submitted - fingers crossed for us all ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    @ladydriver1

This un-nameable company is trying to get wound up. Myself and those who I know have been stung (WibblyWonder) are trying to prevent this from happening until his creditors are refunded. You can fine the info at 'companieshouse dot gov dot uk' (can't post links unfortunately). A quick search and you will find the company etc.

PM me if you are interested in logging an objection, but I think we only have a couple of days from now to get the objections in.

Con

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jack Woods

Hi everyone,
    Im a friend of someone who has been scammed by this person <mod snip>. just a small message to those who have also been affected, i can assure you that my pal who was scammed has very deep pockets and too much time on his hands and every effort is and will be made to ensure that this man faces the music. Utilising contacts in the Uk and his home town of Cape Town to gather as much information as possible on him. A mentioned by previous poster,decent amount of info on companies house etc regarding his past firms. This scammer was working with a company called <mod snip> as recently as this year. Contact was made with the owner of this company who has ensured us that MR.Jones no longer works there. My pal will be over in the UK towards the end of the month and will meet a London based solicitor to get things up and running . I will keep you all updated.

mod - removing names

@JackWood, sorry to hear another person is out of pocket because of this louse but good to know your mate is keen to FUP on it. If there's any info you need let me know. My mate has video clips he took whilst speaking to Jones which has him piling one excuse (I.e. Lie) on top of another as to why our tickets were late etc.

Cheers.

Advertisement