Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

O'Connell at Euro Juniors

Options
  • 26-07-2003 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ciaran has qualified for the final of the Euro Junior 800m. He ran 1:49.96 in the semi to make it as a fastest loser. Chammers was run out of it in his - 1:52 ish.

Eoin Leen failed to qualify for the final of the Shot by 5 cm. With only 3 throws allowed Leen had his furthest throw in round 3 - 17.48 ( 17.53 made it )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭MartinNutty

Irish Runner claims that Eoin Leen broke the Junior record. See article Euro Junior Report. Not sure if this is accurate as I believe Victor Costello's record was a 16# record

Anybody know for sure?

Martin

Originally posted by JUSTINALBERS
    Ciaran has qualified for the final of the Euro Junior 800m. He ran 1:49.96 in the semi to make it as a fastest loser. Chammers was run out of it in his - 1:52 ish.

Eoin Leen failed to qualify for the final of the Shot by 5 cm. With only 3 throws allowed Leen had his furthest throw in round 3 - 17.48 ( 17.53 made it )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JUSTINALBERS

Apparently Costello's throw was with the 6.25kg and is still a few cm's further than's Leen's 6.00kg.

I think Sean Naughton is working on the verification of Costello's record. Interesting to watch this one.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tim-Thrower Tim

They're way behind the times, Eoin threw 17.7something with a 6kg in the Munster Juniors in Castleisland. I don't know what the 6.25 record was but Eoin broke Victors 16lb record months ago with a 16.66 in the National Indoors. Victor being the guy he is actually wrote to Eoin to congratulate him. Pity we lost him as a thrower but I think he's probably the most explosive player on the Irish team, plus there's alot more money there than in throwing.

Advertisement