Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need new series... suggestions??

Options
  • 09-06-2016 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

So I am in desperate need of a new book series ir even single books for the summer. I have finished everything I have time and time again.

Here's my main reading menu:

- Harry Potter series

- Artemis Fowl series

- The Alchemist series

- Celia Aherns books

- The Black Magician trilogy

- Run swift run free series

Yes I know they are teeny kind of books but to be honest i cant handle the drama and complexity of some of the adult series. I have tried and hated...

- The hobbit

- The Lord of the rings

- The colour of magic series

- Age of the Five series.

Does anyone have suggestions as to my next endeavour??? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

You could try the "Tales of the Otori" series by Lian Hearn.
    I read the the first three when they came out and enjoyed them at the time.
    I did'nt read the prequel or the last one , as for me the first three completed the story to my satisfaction.

IMO worth a read if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Baralis1

trixychic wrote: »
    Hey all.

So I am in desperate need of a new book series ir even single books for the summer. I have finished everything I have time and time again.

Here's my main reading menu:

- Harry Potter series

- Artemis Fowl series

- The Alchemist series

- Celia Aherns books

- The Black Magician trilogy

- Run swift run free series

Yes I know they are teeny kind of books but to be honest i cant handle the drama and complexity of some of the adult series. I have tried and hated...

- The hobbit

- The Lord of the rings

- The colour of magic series

- Age of the Five series.

Does anyone have suggestions as to my next endeavour??? TIA

Try Raymond E Feist's books. This is a huge series of books, all linked although subdivided into various sagas and on the same world, medkemia (spelling). Magician is the very first book in the series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Thanks for the suggestions. Trudi caravan released a few more books for the black magician set so finishing them now.

But I will be looking into those ones.

Have you ever tried the books by Pittacus Lore?? The "I am four" books.

Advertisement