Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruiser restoration and wheelchair adaption

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

fergal.b wrote: »
    I drink red and port and like it nice and warm :D there is also an air vent behind the fridge so it shouldn't be too bad.

From the look of the wine rack, you did plenty of work on it......there's no bottles left in it :D;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Busy week this week but not so much on the boat , spent today in Temple street hospital with the young lad " all sorted now" had an interview with the "Boat renovation people" more about Old's Cool than the cruiser http://www.boat-renovation.com/fergals-boat-building-glen-l-cracker-box/ I have been called many things but a Swiss army knife is a new one on me :) also the North County leader dropped out to do an interview and take some photos of the cruiser :)

Just about started to make the box seat to hold the genny.

20170209_142238_zpsiir5gsie.jpg

Got a bit board with that so I connected up the TV "Thanks Mom" :D

68b615c1-e068-4a3e-856a-313d10faf8ef_zpsczriv642.jpg

Then sat in the boat and watched it for the rest of the day :pac:

20170207_110130_zpsyugfqiwh.jpg

Next week should be fun as I just picked up the Bow thruster it's a Max Power CT 35 http://www.max-power.com/product.php?id=1&category=3 rated up 34 foot boats and gives out 77 lbs of thrust so should get me out of trouble, Big thanks to the Guy's/Girls in Marine parts Direct for helping me out with this.

20170210_145756_zps9iazzrn0.jpg

Don't worry none of the electrical stuff will be left on the boat till she is on the water.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Two articles within a week on two different boats :D

http://www.northcountyleader.ie/2017/02/14/skerries-mans-dream-boat/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Tow

Fergal Butler is pictured beside the the new 35 foot cruiser which he is in the process of renovating

An example of this new fangled 'fake' news :rolleyes:

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Only measured once :eek:

Stheno wrote: »
    Only measured once :eek:

That was just for the video there was quite a bit more :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That was just for the video there was quite a bit more :)

I couldn't resist :) My post was in jest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

great job .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Awsome!

Not a great advertisement for Lidl power tools though... :D

• Advertisement

Lovely work Fergal!

You should be a pro boatbuilder (shoutout to any marinas following this lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

For those of you who are not friends with Fergal on facebook, he had a bit of a setback last night, but is online chatting and in good form. <snip>

JamesM wrote: »
    For those of you who are not friends with Fergal on facebook, he had a bit of a setback last night, but is online chatting and in good form. <snip>

Jesus, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

what happened ???? i don,t have a facebook account !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Aw no, best wishes ferg.

Mod note: Sorry it's against site terms to post personal contact details for another user so I had to remove them. If any of the regulars here are worried, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Steve wrote: »
    Aw no, best wishes ferg.

Mod note: Sorry it's against site terms to post personal contact details for another user so I had to remove them. If any of the regulars here are worried, pm me.

Sorry Steve, I wasn't thinking.
    Fergal had a heart attack last night. He has had a stent fitted and a clot removed. He is on facebook and in good form.

Sorry Steve, I wasn't thinking.
    Fergal had a heart attack last night. He has had a stent fitted and a clot removed. He is on facebook and in good form.

No worries at all, just protocol :)

Thanks for letting us know. Hard to believe this happened to someone who really deserves the opposite. :(

Steve wrote: »
    No worries at all, just protocol :)

Thanks for letting us know. Hard to believe this happened to someone who really deserves the opposite. :(

Thanks all feeling a lot better now no pain and clean pipes :) just goes to show you never know whats around the corner and I think I am running out of lives what's next I wounder :) nevertheless on we go with the next part of the story.

Thanks all feeling a lot better now no pain and clean pipes :) just goes to show you never know whats around the corner and I think I am running out of lives what's next I wounder :) nevertheless on we go with the next part of the story.

Feck, so glad to hear you're ok. :)

jesus christ glad to hear you are alright .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Get well soon, glad to hear your own refurb went well and you will be back up and running soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

:eek:

So glad for you and yours that you are still with us.

Get well soon Fergal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Pete67

Get well soon Fergal!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Fergal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Wow that was a shocker.

Look after yourself Fergal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Get well soon

Get well soon. Make sure to get plenty of rest - you have a boat waiting to get wet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

Best of luck with your recovery. Take it easy for a while. We'll all cope with out a update on the boat for while.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Wishing you a speedy recovery Fergal, and great to hear you're on the mend already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i know nothing about boats but this thread is all kinds of fantastic,from your attitude to your personality,rest up,ive no doubt you will be back hard at it soon.

Advertisement