Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It could also be interpreted in another way: Spurs punished people for bad decision making. Leicester, too - form players playing for the two teams duking it out for the title being jettisoned in a scramble to have 15 DGWers.

That said, I digress a little - I agree with the point that fewer teams playing the better in GW28 for us.
    Sorry I meant spurs bailed people out in the skinny week last year.They went out of the cup at the 5th rd stage and it meant people could field more players in last yrs equivalent of gw28. What happened in the dgw I agree people were asking for trouble
    This is a bit hindsight interpretation.

The year before, many people ignored the skinny DGW where Benteke & Austin scored 20 pointers for exactly the reason you just outlined. And they got punished for it.

Don't forget last year DGW was a particularly extraordinary one with all the rotations (I mean even Mignolet got rotated !!!). Though I remain convinced we'll see more of that with the huger squads in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

km79 wrote: »
    It has happened before . They could move it back to say 12 on the Sunday and still how it

Depending on tv schedules sky won't always budge. When united play villa (that famous macheda winner) that game was Sunday when united had a champions league quarter final on the Tuesday. Sky wouldn't budge on it and said it was Sunday or "not on tv".....money talked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I'm hoping it stays at 3 games. I should be able to set myself up to have 10 players without compromising my team beforehand.

Will then wildcard and set myself up for the rest of the season and doubles. Basically sell anyone without a potential double.

Subject to events of course. Going to sign off for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

It's silly that there is even a full programme of fixs on Fa cup quarters considerIng most of the games will not go ahead. With no international tournament on in the summer they could have left the fa cup quarter weekend free of prem games ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have 8 for gw28 and that will be more than enough for now.

Jaku
    Baines - Brunt - Coleman - Daniels
    Sigurdssson - Phillips
    Lukaku

I'll wait until after the FA cup to make anymore geared towards that week.

As for gw26, hope it is full of rotation as I have 14 for the GW and my rivals are ropey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have already done Sanchez to hazard but in hindsight its a bit of a risk as there is a chance that those games cancelled for Carling cup get refixed into the midweek after. I know its supposed to be down for fa cup replays but if arsenal city or utd were to make the fa cup sf they will have 3 games to rearrange with only 2 real slots were they can go midweek 34 and 37. If any of those 3 teams make an fa sf and a European sf we will probably have to have a triple gw 37 .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,453 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have already done Sanchez to hazard but in hindsight its a bit of a risk as there is a chance that those games cancelled for Carling cup get refixed into the midweek after. I know its supposed to be down for fa cup replays but if arsenal city or utd were to make the fa cup sf they will have 3 games to rearrange with only 2 real slots were they can go midweek 34 and 37. If any of those 3 teams make an fa sf and a European sf we will probably have to have a triple gw 37 .
    Triple Gameweek!!!

latest?cb=20121205194537

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Lads is it time to ship Stanislas?
    He's been out of favour recently,
    Was kinda holding for gw28 but he may not even plat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah was surprised you made that move that early. Is money that much an issue for your team?

TGW37 could be great for TC :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah was surprised you made that move that early. Is money that much an issue for your team?

TGW37 could be great for TC :P.

No its not really and I reckon from now on I'll just be making transfers on the Friday or Saturday. Maybe the fact I missed out on lukakus haul the other week by waiting till the sat to get him in and missing out by .1 as giroud dropped was preying on my mind. It was definetly a mistake by me making that move so early. Hopefully the games don't get refixed for the midweek as I'm in good shape for gw 26 and lots of rivals are down a few players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Very little chance of an EPL game getting scheduled at such short notice imo, the police require 10 days notice even for low key FA Cup replays.
    The whole massive organisation surrounding an EPL game (fans from abroad, traffic management, satellite time for foreign broadcast partners) makes it super unlikely to do in a short timeframe (you're talking a decision next Monday to have a game 8/9 days later).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No its not really and I reckon from now on I'll just be making transfers on the Friday or Saturday. Maybe the fact I missed out on lukakus haul the other week by waiting till the sat to get him in and missing out by .1 as giroud dropped was preying on my mind. It was definetly a mistake by me making that move so early. Hopefully the games don't get refixed for the midweek as I'm in good shape for gw 26 and lots of rivals are down a few players.

I think it's extremely unlikely. The shortest notification of a rearranged fixtures due to cup games since 2009 was 14 days. It'll be Monday evening 20th before it's certain Arsenal don't have a replay (highly unlikely that they will obviously, but no way the Pl would arrange a fixture on the assumption that Arsenal will win). Tues 21st before they could announce Arsenal v Soton for 28th Feb/1st Mar. 7 to 8 days notice wouldn't be acceptable I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    I think it's extremely unlikely. The shortest notification of a rearranged fixtures due to cup games since 2009 was 14 days. ....7 to 8 days notice wouldn't be acceptable I think.
    Last year a West Ham/Southampton game was moved from MNF to Saturday with just a week's notice, so I wouldn't rule anything out
    https://www.vavel.com/en/football/premier-league/southampton/598534-saints-meeting-with-hammers-brought-forward.html

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    FHFC wrote: »
    I think it's extremely unlikely. The shortest notification of a rearranged fixtures due to cup games since 2009 was 14 days. ....7 to 8 days notice wouldn't be acceptable I think.
    Last year a West Ham/Southampton game was moved from MNF to Saturday with just a week's notice, so I wouldn't rule anything out
    https://www.vavel.com/en/football/premier-league/southampton/598534-saints-meeting-with-hammers-brought-forward.html
    It happened a united game over last 3 years too can't think of the exact one but was very very short notice
    End of the day we don't know what will happen which is why I'll suck up the price drops .......they will slow down now anyway until late next week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fixtures-man-city-12515223

Midweek after carlbig cup final stillbeing mentioned if neither team has FA cup replay

km79 wrote: »
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fixtures-man-city-12515223

Midweek after carlbig cup final still being mentioned if neither team has FA cup replay

Tis a newspaper article from 20 days ago.

Burnley v Lincoln 0-0 with 5 mins to go. Looks like replay.

If Lincoln were to win replay Mane would be very popular for gw28

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

What happens if Burnley draw, when are replays penned in for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ScummyMan wrote:
    What happens if Burnley draw, when are replays penned in for?

Between gw26 and gw27

Lincoln ahead

• Advertisement

Scenes.

All that planning and everyone going to have decent enough teams now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There was always going to be at least one shock. Just unfortunate for the rest of us that a heavily owned player like Heaton will play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm more annoyed at all the people who can now keep their Liverpool players

There was always going to be at least one shock. Just unfortunate for the rest of us that a heavily owned player like Heaton will play

Think there'll be at least 1 more "surprise" and everyone will end up with 11.

United or spurs could fail to progress.
    I don't think Leicester will either but that wouldn't be that much of a surprise and assuming arsenal beat Sutton, it wouldn't effect gw28 either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have no Burnley or Liverpool players. That result is a killer

Edit: Oh wait forgot about Barnes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

As a Heaton & Barnes owner, Im happy at that result! Will bring in Liverpool midfielder now for Alexis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chesty08 wrote: »
    As a Heaton & Barnes owner, Im happy at that result! Will bring in Liverpool midfielder now for Alexis

Yep, Mane in for a hit looking likely now. Who for, depends on results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ffs Burnley :(

Advertisement