Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mary Lou MacDonald Lecturing Us

• 14-02-2017 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I've just been watching Mary Lou MacDonald on, 'Claire Byrne Live', lecturing us, as usual. She always tries to take the moral high ground, yet when she is on the other side of the fence, she's the very one who will refuse point blank to give a straight answer, side step serious issues and shamelessly defend the indefensible.
    It's beyond belief.

In relation to Maurice McCabe, much of what she said tonight makes sense but she's using it as a political football. If it wasn't for her appallingly shameless track record, I'd say something. For anybody to speak in such a constantly condescending tone towards others, is sickening. For Mary Lou MacDonald to constantly speak like that is more than a bit rich.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Please provide concrete examples of what youre trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

I've just been watching Mary Lou MacDonald on, 'Claire Byrne Live', lecturing us, as usual. She always tries to take the moral high ground, yet when she is on the other side of the fence, she's the very one who will refuse point blank to give a straight answer, side step serious issues and shamelessly defend the indefensible.
    It's beyond belief.

In relation to Maurice McCabe, much of what she said tonight makes sense but she's using it as a political football. If it wasn't for her appallingly shameless track record, I'd say something. For anybody to speak in such a constantly condescending tone towards others, is sickening. For Mary Lou MacDonald to constantly speak like that is more than a bit rich.

Long may Mary Lou continue to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Mod note:

Please provide concrete examples of what youre trying to say.

I'm not trying to say it. I'm making the point that she behaves like this on every single programme or media opportunity she gets. It's not even just what she says but the tone of voice she uses, the condescending manner she speaks in, ALL the time. I find it a bit rich, especially when she has been in countless sticky situations, on The Week in Politics, RTE News, etc. etc. and she has refused, point blank, to give a straight answer, when one has been required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

On every single programme. It's not even just what she says but the tone of voice she uses, the condescending manner she speaks in, ALL the time.

I dont like Kennys tone.
    Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Donal55 wrote: »
    I dont like Kennys tone.
    Snap.

You may have a point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Thread too vague.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement