Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards FSA Charity Champions League 16/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As I am still in this I think its best FHFC does the QF draw. Gw 23 and 24 Qf Gw 25 and 26 Sf gw 27 final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Last 16 Final Standings

407241.JPG

Some thrilling and close matches in the last 16.

While irroced, Boots234, Albert Large Trigger and SoonerOrLater all pressed home strong first leg advantages to progress some other ties went right to the wire.

Tie of the round was surely Busts vs km79. These two legends of the game shared a massive 331 points across the two gameweeks, the highest scoring matchup by some distance, and only 3 points separated them with Busts winning through.

Fightbacks were on the cards in the other 3 ties, with some teams refusing to know when they were beaten, most notably mno101 who turned around a 14 point deficit to Adpro to win by 4. Comeback kid! alchemis33 and Gaillimh1976 also squeaked through to complete the Quarter Final Lineup as follows:

mno101
    iroced
    Boots234
    iused2likebusts
    Gaillimh1976
    Albert Large Trigger
    Sooner or Later
    alchemist33

Draw to follow as requested by the scrupulous Mr Busts....

Draw done using https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-cup-fixture-generator.htm

Match 1 : Boots234 vs alchemist33

Match 2 : Sooner or Later vs mno101

Match 3 : iused2likebusts vs Albert Large Trigger

Match 4 : Gaillimh1976 vs iroced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I see mno101 went through. Us 2 survivors of the group of death are still alive :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Congrats to Iroced and the best of luck in the rest of the tournament.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Congrats to Iroced and the best of luck in the rest of the tournament.
    Thanks ;). I needed 2 chips to beat you though :o.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Congrats Gaillimh1976! Was a close one for sure.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• The final being played GW 27 is a bit of a disaster for anybody preparing for skinny GW 28 and to a lesser extent GW 26.

Also, the teams playing GW 28 have tough fixtures in GW 27.

Think I'll have to sacrifice this competition and focus on trying to achieve my best possible overall finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Big win for Sooner or Later. Bringing in Aguero instead of Kane cost me big time. Best of luck in the quarter finals. Also thanks to FHFC for taking this on and running it so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Congrats Gaillimh1976! Was a close one for sure.

Thought I had you when Long did not start (Pieters 4 to sub in)

Then when Long came on with 10 minutes left I thought I was gone

Verrrry lucky to get through !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

remoteboy wrote: »
    Big win for Sooner or Later. Bringing in Aguero instead of Kane cost me big time. Best of luck in the quarter finals. Also thanks to FHFC for taking this on and running it so well.

Thanks!

Apologies for my lack of posts on the thread. It's down to repeatedly jinxing myself in the Premier League thread. I always used to post a score update mid-game:

20 points ahead of my opponent with only the Monday night game to go. I have Messi and he has Andy Carroll's grandmother. Think the win is in the bag.

Then with Messi drawing a blank Andy Carroll's grandmother would come off the bench and score a hat-trick. With a minute to go Messi would be awarded a penalty, their goalie would get injured, Andy Carroll's grandmother would step in and save the penalty. Finally I would lose by a point after Messi got booked for kicking the ball away in disgust after the final whistle had already blown.

So I tend not to post on active match threads anymore :o

Leading Gaillimh1976 34-32 after the first leg thanks to his 4 pts hit. Considering how unprepared I came into this GW and with the Ibra (C) fear, it's kind of a miracle that not only I'm not far behind but I'm even ahead :eek:.

Everything to play for in the second leg though. Tough GW too, notably (C)-wise. There are no obvious candidate.

iroced wrote: »
    Leading Gaillimh1976 34-32 after the first leg thanks to his 4 pts hit. Considering how unprepared I came into this GW and with the Ibra (C) fear, it's kind of a miracle that not only I'm not far behind but I'm even ahead :eek:.

Everything to play for in the second leg though. Tough GW too, notably (C)-wise. There are no obvious candidate.

20 points on my bench, but no way was I ever going to start Jaku over Foster !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Boots234 takes a 4 point lead over me into the second leg. If this gameweek is like the last, that could be enough!

Sorry for lack of updates.

These ties pretty much over, 3 officially, one pretty much unless Ibra gets 22 more than Siggy.

408395.JPG

Congrats to the winners.

Will do SF draw early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well done Boots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Congrats to mno101

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Congrats to Albert Large Trigger. Just shows what this competition means to people after the ott celebrations Albert Large Trigger had on sat night.

Congrats Gailimh. Go on and win it now!

Congrats again to all the sides who have progressed in this most prestigious competition. Rumours that one victorious manager remains on the lash and was last seen in an early house with Paul Gascoigne are unconfirmed.

The draw for the Semi Finals was made this morning and is as follows:

408477.png

Ties will be played over two legs on Gameweeks 25 and 26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

What's the state of play in the semi-finals then folks?

10 points ahead - captain Sanchez to the rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

11 points behind.:(...all to do as they say !

State of play after leg 1.

Solid but not unassailable leads for Albert Large Trigger and Gaillimh1976.

409217.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

FHFC wrote: »
    State of play after leg 1.

Solid but not unassailable leads for Albert Large Trigger and Gaillimh1976.

409217.PNG

Jaysus if Albert Large Trigger wins this there will be some celebrations, is he back yet?

patmac wrote: »
    Jaysus if Albert Large Trigger wins this there will be some celebrations, is he back yet?

Not that I know of. I may get to keep this natty trophy! :D

• mno101 wrote: »
    11 points behind.:(...all to do as they say !

Edit - I might do a -4

thats me goosed I think. !! ...I was in with a chance until the "Kane" show !!...

.....so... I bow out of a superbly run competition...thanks to all who organised (FHFC, Busts, Zarquon..others)
    congratulations Albert Large Trigger and best of luck in the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Speaking of zarquon, I found out a few days ago that he has sadly passed away following a short illness. I noticed from his FPL team that he hadn't made any transfers in the last while. Fearing the worst, I checked on rip.ie and his name appeared unfortunately. Zarquon was a valued member of this forum for many years and he'll be really missed by everyone here.

Advertisement