Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unusual Yet Good Dreams

• 24-12-2016 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps a thread for your unusual yet good dreams.

I had such a dream last night. In it, I met this awesome girl on an airplane flight back home to Ireland. She was mixed race (black and white) and was Irish. Smoking hot, kind, caring, and funny. We exchanged numbers on the plane. Suddenly, we were in a shopping mall in my home city. We were being pursued by her family, who were Middle Eastern for some reason. They were not happy about us getting together and were following us around and were grabbing her to drag her away. I instantly had Jedi style powers and were able to push them away with my mind. Alas it was short lived, so they would continue following us, but we were getting further away from them. We rounded a corned, and her looking brother was there. He said that I wouldn't try to stop us as he liked me and was happy for his sister, but he couldn't stop his family.

Can't remember if there was more to than one. The ramblings of a demented person eh?! :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Was reading Les Liaisons Dangereuses and drifted off to sleep about two-thirds through the play, and it became my dream, but I was cast back into my teens and the setting was southern France where I was visiting relatives on my Mum's side of the family. There was this very attractive and persistent older person, like in the film, who would not take "no" for an answer, and although the dream probably lasted only a minute or two, it seemed like their attempts to enchant and seduce lasted all night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was thinking about this and when I was about 19/20, I had an unusual dream about my granny. She had died about 3 years before.

In the dream, she was telling me not to worry about anything and that I was doing a good job. Something like that. It was unusual because although my granny was lovely and I have some great memories of her, she was not very affectionate and I never had any kind of serious conversation with her before. I'm not really religious so i didnt think of it as anything more than a dream but I remember feeling very content the next day.

I had been through a bit of upheaval the year before and I was at a place where things were coming together for me so I suppose maybe I was telling myself that it was ok to move forward :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I was thinking about this and when I was about 19/20, I had an unusual dream about my granny. She had died about 3 years before.

In the dream, she was telling me not to worry about anything and that I was doing a good job. Something like that.
    I too have dreams about my Galway Gran, and they are always grand and encouraging, just like she is in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

tl:dr my mama is the best.

Had a dream I won the Euromillions. Actually had two but this one is pleasant.

Won the jackpot, didn't tell a soul. Now all I had to do was get to the Lotto headquarters and get the money to divvy up with my family and live happily ever after. But it seems on the journey to HQ I was being followed. First by some FBI agents that I managed to lose by running across a park. Then my old neighbourhood bullies saw me and somehow knew I had the winning ticket.

On the chase went, dragging me all across Dublin when I finally hopped on a bus and lost them. Next to me on the bus was an old old friend and I confided my secret in her and asked her for help in return for a reward. She goes 'your secrets safe with me' and almost immediately yells 'LADS HE'S UP HERE'. The bullies stopped the bus and we're coming up the stairs to get me. I did the only logical thing I could think of - throw the ticket out the window. Off they went chasing the multi million euro ticket but luckily I had the real ticket in my pocket and threw a decoy ticket that I somehow had.

By some miracle I made it to the Lotto HQ and was greeted by closed doors...Wasn't open for another 5 minutes. I waited and waited, nervous as absolute fùck. A junkie comes towards me and asks for two euro for a hostel. I tell him to wait a few minutes and I'll give him some money. He keeps moving towards me like a zombie, his hands moving towards the inside of my jacket where the ticket was. Somehow he knew I had it just like everyone so far. He punched me and takes the ticket.

I was sooo close (recurring theme in my dreams). Defeated I sat outside the HQ crying when up comes my mam with a wry grin on her face. She whips out a slip of paper and says 'looking for this?'. BOOM WINNING TICKET LADS! She said she knew I was gonna win and she knew I was gonna have trouble on the way to collect the money so she gave me a copy of the real ticket before the draw ever took place. I asked why, she said 'a mammy always knows ;) '

Not sure what all of that means but it was a bizarre dream with a wholesome ending :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,986 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Had a dream I won the Euromillions. Actually had two but this one is pleasant.
    Wish fulfillment?

• Advertisement

On the chase went, dragging me all across Dublin when I finally hopped on a bus and lost them.
    When I have chase dreams, for some reason when I run it's like slow motion in my dream. Was your chase fast or slow motion?

Black Swan wrote: »
    When I have chase dreams, for some reason when I run it's like slow motion in my dream. Was your chase fast or slow motion?

It was fairly fast paced, if not a normal pace. The thing that struck me was there was obstacles at every turn. Everything that could prevent me getting to my destination was preventing me getting to my destination.
    Fathom wrote: »
    Wish fulfillment?

Definitely. Nothing would make me happier than winning the lotto and dying quickly from the excesses of being rich haha*

The two dreams I had were the exact same, except in this one my mama helped my jump over that final junkie hurdle.

*totally true btw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,986 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Lotto dream. Definitely dreaming. Not real.

Lotto dream. Definitely dreaming. Not real.

Funnily enough I won 300 quid on the Euromillions on Friday. No junkies attacked me (for once).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I had a rather entertaining dream last night that was a mix of Game of Thrones with American War of Independence soldiers on an airship.

• Advertisement

I had a rather entertaining dream last night that was a mix of Game of Thrones with American War of Independence soldiers on an airship.
    Had you recently been reading, gaming, or watching Game of Thrones?

Had you recently been reading, gaming, or watching Game of Thrones?

No, haven't been watching GoT lately but I am eagerly awaiting its return.

I'm always reading random stuff on Reddit etc.

No, haven't been watching GoT lately but I am eagerly awaiting its return.
    Game of Thrones. Fantasy. Like dreams.

Game of Thrones. Fantasy. Like dreams.
    Dreams are a "suspension of disbelief," if we extend the meaning of Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1817) from Lyrical Ballads.

Dreams are a "suspension of disbelief," if we extend the meaning of Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1817) from Lyrical Ballads.
    Cool connection

I've been reading A Clash of Kings, the sequel to A Game of Thrones, with my flatmate, so we chat about it too. Whoa, I had a dream last night where my castle was invaded and taken over. Most of my knights and sellswords were in the field, and I was forced to yield to save my smallfolk, which I didn't want to do. After yielding, I woke up mad, only to laugh at the influence that this sequel book had on my dreams.

Clash dream precursor? :eek:

I've been reading A Clash of Kings, the sequel to A Game of Thrones, with my flatmate, so we chat about it too. Whoa, I had a dream last night where my castle was invaded and taken over. Most of my knights and sellswords were in the field, and I was forced to yield to save my smallfolk, which I didn't want to do. After yielding, I woke up mad, only to laugh at the influence that this sequel book had on my dreams.

Bastards!

Bastards!
    Yes. Plots include. Game of Thrones. Clash of Kings.

Yes. Plots include. Game of Thrones. Clash of Kings.

Entertaining.

• Advertisement

Entertaining.
    Mini-plot. Bren dreams shape changer. Dreams he's direwolf. Clash of Kings.

Not sure if this is a "good dream" or something else? Occurred last night, and its content started with me working for a private corporation where I didn't have enough work to do. Spent a lot of time looking at my calendar for things to do. All of a sudden my dream shifted to me being a consultant at a different corporation where they had loads of signs all over the place asking employees to work relentlessly, not make mistakes, work hard, etc., etc., all of which had a very negative feel. I was gathering up all these signs and throwing them in the trash, then I woke up.

Good date. Weekend. Repeated in Dream. Definitely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭omah

Love the dreams about your grannies giving you encouragement, very special - cherish dreams, you are very lucky to get that type of reassurance. You must be very intuitive which is a great asset.

omah wrote: »
    Love the dreams about your grannies giving you encouragement, very special - cherish dreams, you are very lucky to get that type of reassurance. You must be very intuitive which is a great asset.
    Used to frequent such dreams associated with my Galway Gran, who had lots of impact on my conscious life, but not any more. Serves as a reminder that I should take a bit more time to stay in touch with her.

More dreams of dating. Good dates. Worth repeating.

I had a grand dream last night, but now, for some reason, I cannot remember it. The details have slipped from my mind, suggesting that I should of captured it here before it disappeared.

Post sooner! Here. Problem solved.

Had a bit of a strange dream last night.

In the dream, an old school friend of mine and I appeared to be either spying or searching for something. We were driving really fast around a coastal area in the night time where there were a lot of huge bonfires in the dark. As the day broke, we drove up the side of an insanely steep mountainside. When we reached the summit, we slowly creeper over the edge and looked down upon what appeared to be a tunnel. We needed to creep over the edge some more in order to get a better look at it when suddenly the vehicle lost its grip and we slid down the mountain. Instantly we were in a tiny room which was lit up with dangling Christmas tree lights. It was cramped as the low ceiling was very low so we were sorta leaning against each other as we talked. Suddenly I was straddled and our lips locked. Awesome! :D

• Advertisement

We were driving really fast around a coastal area in the night time where there were a lot of huge bonfires in the dark.
    Independence Day weekend had bonfires on beach for real.

Advertisement