Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 26 Transfers.

Options
  • 11-02-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭

Ibra out
    Lukaku* in

* Depending on Lukaku coming through intact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'll most likely join you on that, and hold Sanchez through the blank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

It's really worth waiting a week until after the fa cup games to make transfers this week. I wouldn't make any transfers until then unless you'll be priced out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildcard activated

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mane & Costa with Zlatan out and a mid of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

spock. wrote: »
    It's really worth waiting a week until after the fa cup games to make transfers this week. I wouldn't make any transfers until then unless you'll be priced out.

Ibra out for Lukaku is probably safe enough. Everton are out of the cup, so barring an injury in training Lukaku is fine for 2 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I'm staring down the barrel of a wildcard decision tonight after a few team selection missteps in the last couple of weeks.

Currently looking at going from:

De Gea (Jakupovic)
    Baines, Coleman, Walker (McAuley) (Kingsley)
    Alli, Eriksen, Iwobi, Phillips (Coquelin)
    Defoe, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku
    £0.9m bank

to

De Gea (Jakupovic)
    Coleman, Walker, Funes Mori (Yoshida) (Wilson)
    Sanchez, Alli, Sigurdsson, Morrison (one of Caroll, Whelan, Oviedo or Coquelin)
    Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Gabbiadini
    £0.0m or £0.1m depending on the last midfielder

Thoughts, suggestions, other?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm staring down the barrel of a wildcard decision tonight after a few team selection missteps in the last couple of weeks.

De Gea (Jakupovic)
    £0.9m bank

to

De Gea (Jakupovic)

I don't think there could be a worse week to wildcard than this one tbh
    You do know man utd man city Arsenal and Southampton have no game next week right

km79 wrote: »
    I don't think there could be a worse week to wildcard than this one tbh
    You do know man utd man city Arsenal and Southampton have no game next week right

I do, but unfortunately the potential for price rises means it's almost a case of now or never. :(

Phillips has brought in little more than appearance points in the past 5 weeks while my two spurs midfielders are tying up almost £17.5m and averaging around 3 pts a piece over the last 3 or 4 games.

I do, but unfortunately the potential for price rises means it's almost a case of now or never. :(

Phillips has brought in little more than appearance points in the past 5 weeks while my two spurs midfielders are tying up almost £17.5m and averaging around 3 pts a piece over the last 3 or 4 games.

Wildcarding to 5 non starters next week
    There is just no way I'd do it sorry
    Do 2/3 changes if you feel you must and take a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Step away from the computer. Seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Benteke is becoming an issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

In order to field 11 I have to sell someone, it'll probably be Yoshida and probably for Robertson.

km79 wrote: »
    Wildcarding to 5 non starters next week
    There is just no way I'd do it sorry
    Do 2/3 changes if you feel you must and take a hit

After some mature reflection I'll probably take the option of switching Coquelin for Morrison and praying that Sanchez/Gabbiadini/Sigurdsson don't go up in price this week.

I'm eventually going to have to use the nuclear option to bring in Sanchez but it doesn't necessarily have to be this week.

(The Morrison transfer should also have the effect of getting me up to a starting 11 for next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

After some mature reflection I'll probably take the option of switching Coquelin for Morrison and praying that Sanchez/Gabbiadini/Sigurdsson don't go up in price this week.

I'm eventually going to have to use the nuclear option to bring in Sanchez but it doesn't necessarily have to be this week.

(The Morrison transfer should also have the effect of getting me up to a starting 11 for next week)

Sanchez will drop in price this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I have zero money tied up in Sanchez. About .2m in koscielny. 0.6m in Kane and 0.2m in Zlat. Pogba and Erikson dropping tonight. 2 free transfers. Do I take price drops or sell Pogba and Erikson for Hazard and Morrison? Do I keep Sanchez and zlat or Kane with the money I have tied up. As in I sell Kane I get 10.5 I think but he's around 11 to get back

Deco99 wrote: »
    I have zero money tied up in Sanchez. About .2m in koscielny. 0.6m in Kane and 0.2m in Zlat. Pogba and Erikson dropping tonight. 2 free transfers. Do I take price drops or sell Pogba and Erikson for Hazard and Morrison? Do I keep Sanchez and zlat or Kane with the money I have tied up. As in I sell Kane I get 10.5 I think but he's around 11 to get back

You wait until after cup games next weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

De Gea (Jakupovic)
    £0.9m bank

to

De Gea (Jakupovic)

You're wildcarding to go from....
    Baines to Funes Mori (a step down)
    Philips to Morrison (a step down)
    Iwobi to Siggy (a step up)
    Ericssen to Sanchez (eventually a step up but not for 3 weeks)
    Defoe to Gabbiani (not much difference)

Seriously not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll be waving farewell to my good old pal Sanchez after 25 great gws. He will be returning in gw29. Sanchez to hazard most likely will decide tomorrow. I'd say when fit you could count the number of gws on one hand that I've gone into a gw without Sanchez in my team since he arrived in the PL.

I'll be waving farewell to my good old pal Sanchez after 25 great gws. He will be returning in gw29. Sanchez to hazard most likely will decide tomorrow. I'd say when fit you could count the number of gws on one hand that I've gone into a gw without Sanchez in my team since he arrived in the PL.

Going to be a very popular move
    Hope people will be patient though and wait till after cup games
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Forgot all about the cup games next weekend!! Holding off and will inevitable do Iwobi to Morrison.

I've been lining up Iwobi to go for quite some time but his form for 5.8 and as a differential has been fantastic!!

Thank you Iwobi!!

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Forgot all about the cup games next weekend!! Holding off and will inevitable do Iwobi to Morrison.

I've been lining up Iwobi to go for quite some time but his form for 5.8 and as a differential has been fantastic!!

Thank you Iwobi!!

In saying that is Sanchez and Ibra on the bench for GW26 & GW28 too much?? Should I move elsewhere!??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Have 1 FT & 2.2m itb
    Only Jesus in my team who draws a blank next week but don't really want to sell him so will probably just drop him on to the
    Most likely will be banking but will wait until after the cup games and see if anyone is injured who I need to transfer out - if I do make transfer it won't be until after the cup games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Seriously. This thread should be locked till after the FA Cup games.

I love a bit of team value myself but Jesus!! (not the man city one)

And to the wildcard guy. DONT.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Does anyone still have Daniels? May as well keep him for 28 and 29 at this stage, he owes me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Considering a -8 to get Hazard, Siggy, Brunt and Coleman in for Sanchez, Pogba, Amat and Holgate.

-8 is not very palatable but gives me Hazard captain home to Swansea next week and the other 3 are all GW28 starters, not planning any other hits for gameweek 28.

Any of those 4 transfers I could do without?

FHFC wrote: »
    Seriously. This thread should be locked till after the FA Cup games.

I love a bit of team value myself but Jesus!! (not the man city one)

And to the wildcard guy. DONT.

I have exactly the right amount of money ITB to do transfers I'm considering.

Those FA cup games are heavily stacked in favour of Premier League sides and many league regulars will get a rest so although there is risk there it is mitigated.

There is a chance the likes of Ibra and Sancez will drop 0.3 between now and FA Cup next weekend - which could be a loss of 0.4m depending on when you bought them. The likes of Pogba or Ozil who are already at cost price could lose 0.3m. The difference early transfers could make to TV coming into wild card season is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Considering a -8 to get Hazard, Siggy, Brunt and Coleman in for Sanchez, Pogba, Amat and Holgate.

-8 is not very palatable but gives me Hazard captain home to Swansea next week and the other 3 are all GW28 starters, not planning any other hits for gameweek 28.

Any of those 4 transfers I could do without?

Can you afford the other 3 if you don't do siggy in for pogba? If you can I'd leave that one until the following week so you're only doing a -4, Siggy is away to Chelsea and assuming you have 11 starters probably not worth the extra -4.

If you can't afford it without him them I'd go for it. I took a logical -8 last week too and as you point out, hazard gives you a captain in gw26, brunt and Coleman have very nice fixtures in gw26 along with a game in gw28 & siggy will be a must for gw28.
    So if you look at your -8 over a 3 week period it should return you more than the 8 you lost.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Can you afford the other 3 if you don't do siggy in for pogba? If you can I'd leave that one until the following week so you're only doing a -4, Siggy is away to Chelsea and assuming you have 11 starters probably not worth the extra -4.

If you can't afford it without him them I'd go for it. I took a logical -8 last week too and as you point out, hazard gives you a captain in gw26, brunt and Coleman have very nice fixtures in gw26 along with a game in gw28 & siggy will be a must for gw28.
    So if you look at your -8 over a 3 week period it should return you more than the 8 you lost.

Cheers - your backing up my logic :)

Yeah I need the Pogba money plus he is falling in value. I only have 6/7 players for GW28 so would probably end up taking that hit then if I didn't take it now.

Even with that sound logic -8 is a wrench! Don't remember taking one before..

I was considering leaving Sanchez & Ibra on the bench for GW26 and most likely GW28. Why and for who should I get rid for?

Heaton (Grant)

Brunt Mc Auley Coleman (Amat , Holgate)

Hazard Alli Siggy (Iwobi Sanchez)

Lukaku Barnes (Ibra )

The only way of fielding XI next week is if Holgate starts, he won't, so I'm thinking Iwobi to Morrison, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Chadli or Antonio - I have 1.2m ITB before transfer.

Should I look at moving one of the big guns instead and get a more premium but for who?

Bar in mind I still have my WC so can resolve issues later & want to keep value high as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Cheers - your backing up my logic :)

Yeah I need the Pogba money plus he is falling in value. I only have 6/7 players for GW28 so would probably end up taking that hit then if I didn't take it now.

Even with that sound logic -8 is a wrench! Don't remember taking one before..

Yeah my -8 was my first of this season and not sure if I took one last season at all but sometimes needs must. With united, city, arsenal and Southampton not playing in gw26 I think a lot will be taking hits so a -8 for next week might be just equivalent of a -4 in a normal week and there will def be lots if hits for gw28 or else people only playing 4 or 5 players so if you're getting in ahead of that with a -8 this week and then requiring no hit for gw28 you'll see the rewards there also.
    I think given the fixtures of hazard brunt & Coleman you could very easily see your -8 covered in gw26 with the extra points you gain but if not, you're set up for gw28 anyway barring some bad luck with injury/suspension so a justified -8

Advertisement