Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crime rate throughout Dublin

• 11-02-2017 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I was always wondering is there any source where we could get stats for crime rate throughout Dublin area (maybe even IE) - ideally by numbers (Dublin 18 vs Dublin 14 etc). Tried to find it but couldn't find nothing close so any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    I was always wondering is there any source where we could get stats for crime rate throughout Dublin area (maybe even IE) - ideally by numbers (Dublin 18 vs Dublin 14 etc). Tried to find it but couldn't find nothing close so any help is much appreciated!

Can't believe statistics they have as gardai haven't been recording crimes correctly for years.

Burglary is a huge issue and happens regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Can't believe statistics they have as gardai haven't been recording crimes correctly for years.

Burglary is a huge issue and happens regularly.

Know that it's big issue and am aware that they haven't recorded crimes correctly, but isn't it weird they don't publish any kind of stats on this anywhere, just like a general guide etc...

Know that it's big issue and am aware that they haven't recorded crimes correctly, but isn't it weird they don't publish any kind of stats on this anywhere, just like a general guide etc...

True but the less put out there less hassle for the upper powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I think they're right not to. I've lived in Dublin 1 for the last 12 years and I've rarely witnessed a crime being committed, even though I'm sure the area would rank fairly highly for crimes if there were stats published. Even the worst areas are not bad at all, but they'd be very negatively impacted if there were hard figure published, due to reputational damage.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it ain't happening.

Burglaries are rife and with the way I see things going we are in for a real whirlwind with how kids can do what they want and get away with it and serial offenders just let on to do what they want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement