Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking at rivals teams I really hope its just the 3 current games that go ahead. A lot of people will be bailed out by a shock spurs loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looking at rivals teams I really hope its just the 3 current games that go ahead. A lot of people will be bailed out by a shock spurs loss.

I think they are the most likely to lose which is why I've held Alli and sold Pedro instead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah. Having PVA is a little bonus plan in case that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Is anyone going to try and field 11 players for GW 28?
    Or is it worth it considering a few may well score only 1 or 2 points?
    I currently have jaku.
    Coleman and brunt in defence.
    Stan, siggy, Phillips
    And lukaku and Carroll up top.
    With the exception of Stan and less so Philips them players have served me well and most will be kept after GW 28.
    I still have wildcard to use will keep to set up team for dgw
    Take every position as it comes. For every potential transfer ask "will this player cover the -4". If not, you're better off having the balnk. Especially if he's a big player.

I went all out on DGW players last year and really suffered from selling my 2 spurs players. Alli/Kane outscored most players even with the blanks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Bollox.. I just went through my team and prospective fixtures for GW28. If everything goes with the way of the bookies. I'll only have 5 players!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

carnie wrote: »
    Bollox.. I just went through my team and prospective fixtures for GW28. If everything goes with the way of the bookies. I'll only have 5 players!!
    That's not the worst number, look around other teams, we all have teams largely populated of players still in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I have only 5 players for GW28 at the moment too, and was thinking I was in fairly good shape for it!

I think if I can field 8, or maybe 9 if Holgate plays, I'll be more than happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have 7, but unfortunately two of them are goalkeepers so it's effectively 6. And one of them is Holgate so it might really be 5. My target is 8, but since I don't have a WC I won't do this if I feel it weakens my team beyond GW28.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I have 7, but unfortunately two of them are goalkeepers so it's effectively 6. And one of them is Holgate so it might really be 5. My target is 8, but since I don't have a WC I won't do this if I feel it weakens my team beyond GW28.

I think (will have to double-check) the teams who have fixtures in GW28 have decent fixtures in GW29. So there's an option to hold for a week, then WC for GW30 after the international break.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the bit where you said you didn't have a WC...

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Ok... maybe it's not too bad. At the moment I can get it up to 7 players. I'll see how next week goes but I reckon I can get it up to 8. 9 with a hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I really doubt all those PL teams will go through in the next round. Boro and Spurs in particular may field weakened sides

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I really doubt all those PL teams will go through in the next round. Boro and Spurs in particular may field weakened sides

Well probably get 6 blanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just looking a the fixtures, really can't see where the upsets are coming. The worst PL teams got very handy draws. Leicester might be done, but even then they play Arsenal in the next round so no good

I'd be most worried about spurs. They don't seem too bothered with the cups. It suits me if no more games are called off. I should be a ble to field 9 and bank my transfer in gw 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My team currently looks like I'll be able to field 8 players for GW28. Really hope spurs get knocked out as this will increase it to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd be most worried about spurs. They don't seem too bothered with the cups. It suits me if no more games are called off. I should be a ble to field 9 and bank my transfer in gw 28.

Yeah, if I had no Wildcard, or was planning to hold it till later DGWs (which is my plan still) I'd be trying to bank in GW28 and come into 29 with 2 FTs. I can have 8 for GW28 with 2 transfers from here.

A lot of the good GW28 options have good GW29 fixtures (Swans away to Bournemouth, West Ham v Leicester, Everton v Hull) and I plan to have Ibra, Alli and Costa on my bench GW28 so can have a strong side coming into GW29 anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

My team currently looks like I'll be able to field 8 players for GW28. Really hope spurs get knocked out as this will increase it to 11.

Barring injuries should be fielding 8 for gw 28 and will probably be happy enough with that. Have 2 Spurs players but taking a different view on it, will be hoping all the premier league teams involved get through to the next round.
    If the likes of Spurs or Burnley get beaten in the cup, practically everyone will be able to field 11 in gw28

Barring injuries should be fielding 8 for gw 28 and will probably be happy enough with that. Have 2 Spurs players but taking a different view on it, will be hoping all the premier league teams involved get through to the next round.
    If the likes of Spurs or Burnley get beaten in the cup, practically everyone will be able to field 11 in gw28

Exactly the people that don't have a clue there will be blanks will be bailed out. The less games the better for most of us. Spurs bailed a lot of people out last year aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Exactly the people that don't have a clue there will be blanks will be bailed out. The less games the better for most of us. Spurs bailed a lot of people out last year aswell.

Good thinking by this actually. Think I've a great advtanage to ensure me winning my leagues over the coming weeks.

It could also be interpreted in another way: Spurs punished people for bad decision making. Leicester, too - form players playing for the two teams duking it out for the title being jettisoned in a scramble to have 15 DGWers.

That said, I digress a little - I agree with the point that fewer teams playing the better in GW28 for us.

• Advertisement

It could also be interpreted in another way: Spurs punished people for bad decision making. Leicester, too - form players playing for the two teams duking it out for the title being jettisoned in a scramble to have 15 DGWers.

That said, I digress a little - I agree with the point that fewer teams playing the better in GW28 for us.
    Sorry I meant spurs bailed people out in the skinny week last year.They went out of the cup at the 5th rd stage and it meant people could field more players in last yrs equivalent of gw28. What happened in the dgw I agree people were asking for trouble

Sorry I meant spurs bailed people out in the skinny week last year.They went out of the cup at the 5th rd stage and it meant people could field more players in last yrs equivalent of gw28. What happened in the dgw I agree people were asking for trouble

Ah, that makes much more sense, agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

FHFC wrote: »

Yeah, if I had no Wildcard, or was planning to hold it till later DGWs (which is my plan still) I'd be trying to bank in GW28 and come into 29 with 2 FTs.  I can have 8 for GW28 with 2 transfers from here.

A lot of the good GW28 options have good GW29 fixtures (Swans away to Bournemouth, West Ham v Leicester, Everton v Hull) and I plan to have Ibra, Alli and Costa on my bench GW28 so can have a strong side coming into GW29 anyhow.
    Similar predicament I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just a thought regarding team value - if there is only 3 fixtures how many double rises to you think there would be that week?

Maybe it will just be a lot of transfers focused on just Siggy, Lukaku and one or two others or will we see multiple rises across the 6 teams with fixtures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but possibility of Liverpool and Leicester having a blank next week if Lecister draw in the cup.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-liverpool-could-twenty-one-12581388

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spock. wrote: »
    I'm not sure how reliable this is, but possibility of Liverpool and Leicester having a blank next week if Lecister draw in the cup.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-liverpool-could-twenty-one-12581388

Fifth round replays are feb 28/mar 1st.
    Leicester v Pool scheduled for 27th feb.

spock. wrote: »

They would surely just move it back to the sat/Sunday ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

km79 wrote: »
    They would surely just move it back to the sat/Sunday ?

Live on sky, would it be that simple considering how much sky pay?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Live on sky, would it be that simple considering how much sky pay?

It has happened before . They could move it back to say 12 on the Sunday and still how it

• Advertisement

And just to complicate matters more
    @BenCrellin: .@FPL_Greg If Chelsea beat Wolves in the L16 and the BBC decide to show their QF on a Friday night, CHE vs WAT might not be a Blank in GW28.
    It's the MNF I think

Advertisement