Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel's Legion - FX

• 02-06-2016 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Legion follows David Haller (Dan Stevens), the schizophrenic son of X-Men head Charles Xavier. Confined to a mental institution for much of his life, David finally finds a source of hope in a fellow patient, who leads him to believe that the “crazy” visions he’s been experiencing might actually be real.

Aubrey Plaza will also star as David’s friend Lenny, an optimistic sidekick despite being a big-time abuser of drugs and alcohol.

Additionally, Jean Smart (Fargo) will co-star as Melanie, a “nurturing, demanding” therapist.

Source TV Line

http://tvline.com/2016/05/31/legion-series-order-fx-marvel/

Ordered to series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

...but not set in FOX's X-Men film universe? Bah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

...but not set in FOX's X-Men film universe? Bah.

Probably just as well though: the synopsis sounds like a world that hasn't quite experienced mutants. And that narrative ship already sailed by the mid 70s in the Film universe. A blank slate also means circumventing the frankly labyrinthine continuity Fox has mangled together.

Plus, sounds like it might be a fairly dark adaptation, so not sure tying it explicitly to the Stewart / McAvoy version of Xavier would be a great idea. Will be interesting if indeed that familial tie will even exist, and if they cast a TV-version of Prof. X.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

trailer:

That cut in the middle! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well it looks great; the description made it sounds like it might be pretty grim, and may yet be, but the trailer popped with bold colours and some decent compositions; you can see Noah Hawley 's hand (who i didn't realise was involved in this) that respect because it looks like it'll be a handsome production for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

Hrmmm, I thought I felt a bigger "wow" with the first trailer. This one feels like it's dampening expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This will will premiere on FOX UK on Thursday, 9th February 2017 at 9pm, the day after the US premiere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Really Cool poster released for this....

404407.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

Ohh this looks like Heros to me! To be avoided like the plague!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ohh this looks like Heros to me! To be avoided like the plague!
    How does it look like 'Heroes' other than the very basic premise? And certainly the first trailer isn't like 'Heroes' at all. I'd have a lot of confidence on this - it's on cable to start with so much more creative freedom and 'Fargo' is a superb series so Hawley's involvement is definitely a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First reviews are starting to appear and they all are going with it will blow your mind good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is starting tonight. As AC said above, the reviews for this are incredible.

100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes from 28 critic reviews.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/legion/s01

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Brilliant, something to look forward to watch later so. Cheers for the reminder.

Anyone watch this yet?
    It's premiering in Spain, on FX next monday... the 13th..

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone watch this yet?
    It's premiering in Spain, on FX next monday... the 13th..

It starts tonight on Fox UK

• Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was truly amazing.

Visually it was stunning the colour palette was so beautiful it felt like I was watching a living comic.

It reminded so much of Patrick McGoohan's The Prisoner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

This was fantastic stuff.So refreshing and the tunes were class.

That was wonderful stuff..
    Blown away actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Really enjoyed it. Bit drawn out in parts but overall great feel off it helped no end by the music...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Really good.

Anyone else get an air of 'Utopia' from it? The music, the visuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Off to a brilliant start.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Thought it was fantastic,probably could've cut 10mins off it but still great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I must be the only person who didnt like it from the sounds of things. I'll give it another episode or two but the pilot missed big time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I enjoyed it but the surreality didn't really wash with me. If a programme isn't grounded in reality I find it hard to empathise with the characters. Still, that might change as David comes more into the (his) real world from the hospital/meds/perceived insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Very enjoyable. Wish I could watch episode 2 straight away - it was just getting going.

That was really cool!

Need to see where it's going.

Damn but yer man reminds me of
    how morph in 90s XMen was having trouble with reality

Even how the first episode ends
    is kinda like how the first episode of 90s XMen went with a raid through a fence against baddies

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked it.
    If went into it not knowing it was tied into the XMen franchise, I wouldn't have known at all until at least 20 mins in when they first said mutant.

Hope the quality continues. Wonder what the others' powers are, apart from the guy who just throws everyone and everything

Well that was ... ... something. I liked it, really liked it, and I particularly loved the bold striking colours throughout, but it was all so gleefully unhinged I felt like a somewhat bewildered passenger watching it. That was probably the point I guess, given David's precarious mental state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

https://www.google.ie/search?q=legion+fx&oq=legion+fx&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6936j0j4&client=ms-android-htc-rev&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#mie=e%2Coverview%2Clegion%20fx%2CH4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLVT9c3NEzOqzSwSEqyeMTozS3w8sc9YSmnSWtOXmO04eIKzsgvd80rySypFNLjYoOyVLgEpVB1ajBI8XOhCvEAAKzwUo5fAAAA

Anyone watch the first episode yet?

Watched it last night. Amazing! New favorite show, hopefully they can keep it up for the 8 episodes

Edit: thanks for the move. I did a search for Legion on boards but all that came up was WoW Legion for some reason, even recent posts.

Anyway, new episode tomorrow/Thursday, can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Another fantastic episode, quality is still well on par with the first.He's a good actor.

Advertisement