Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic car favourite driving tunes

• 04-02-2017 10:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭

When I am driving my classic car I like to play a suitable driving tune of the same era. So in goes the 1980's cassette.
    What are your favourite classic car tunes?
    Here is one of my favourites.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Well folks. Classic cars. Classic band.

Mighty fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Seriously? Thats the beach boys tune you pick

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wklo_5AOLI

That said, ya Gotta have this baby on your mix tape

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

No classic vehicle should have an audio system of any description.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    No classic vehicle should have an audio system of any description.
    No every classic has a glorious V8 you should be listening to! Sure, it's great to hear the sound of a car at times but rolling down a monotonous motorway for hours needs a more varied soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The radio was unceremoniously removed from mine. I throw the bluetooth speaker up on the dash when needed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Dades wrote: »
    No every classic has a glorious V8 you should be listening to! Sure, it's great to hear the sound of a car at times but rolling down a monotonous motorway for hours needs a more varied soundtrack.

Whether it's a V8 or a Morris Minor a radio isn't needed.

jca wrote: »
    Whether it's a V8 or a Morris Minor a radio isn't needed.
    Neither is a heater but I'm thinking most Irish drivers would prefer the option! There's no right or wrong as to having some form of audio system in a car - it's clearly a matter of personal choice.

Interesting timeline here on car audio.

A favourite tape of mine from earlier driving years was the Miami Vice soundtrack.

Some of the cars in this video - hankies at the ready for just after 4 mins (yes, I know it was a replica...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Recently stuck an amp and couple of speakers in my Spitfire. I have a Toyota engine under the hood and standard Triumph exhaust back box.....nothing worth listening too really, music on the other hand! Yes!! Nice day, nice drive, roof down, music up :D

16266136_10158108465545591_6142604486715025312_n.jpg?oh=26f88ac6f874e9a711e9f6abd465d7d0&oe=590FB815
    (Amp fixed in temp posistion! :) )

I am quiet partial to this one...

Failing that...

U2 - Where the streets have no name
    Lynard Skynard - Free bird
    Gary Newman - Cars
    Sniff and the Tears - Drivers seat
    Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way

Just to name a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Anything by
    Billy idol