Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin auction...photos, haul and (some) prices.

• 31-01-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

wont be able to make it myself but anyone else headed to it ?
    its an interesting selection but not exactly high end / classy or concours stuff.
    if someones going would they mind keeping track of prices ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Heading to it myself Goochy. I'll try and keep track of a few prices of anything interesting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Probably will be there too.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭MrRolex

Heading to it myself Goochy. I'll try and keep track of a few prices of anything interesting for you.

Please can you record the sale price of the E30 325i convertible? I would be very interested to see if it makes more than 5K.
    Many thanks.
    http://www.merlin.ie/cardetails#/?saleId=2898&pageSize=10&sortBy=make_asc&page=2&page=2&id=347750&pagesize=10&no=2&totalcount=94

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Is it possible to watch the auction online I remember watching it a few years back could of been a different company though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

En route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

This...
    YzY5NjAxNzg1NTkzZWE5NzVkZDc0NTkxYzA1NzI2MWPq1nlWQ35GJ5c0e9RYIBUoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182ODg2OTU5OXx8fHx8fDYwMHg0NTB8fHx8fA==.jpeg

And This...
    MTA4ZDRmNjcwZjc3ZmJlZTA3ZDU3MTQ5ZGExMzY4NjHcJVOTTybPYlIzd2Z3ltgOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182ODExMDMwMHx8fHx8fDYwMHg0NTB8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Out of curiosity if someone could make a note of the hammer price please:)

Place is mobbed. Nice cars in the parking lots too

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭goochy

Wonder are they serious buyers ? They don't have a normal auction on also today do they ?
    Hope it's a success and become a regular thing.
    Interested to know how much the rolls / bentleys and merc. E class models go for.

Very packed. 10 euros in though

MrRolex wrote: »
    Please can you record the sale price of the E30 325i convertible? I would be very interested to see if it makes more than 5K.
    Many thanks.
    http://www.merlin.ie/cardetails#/?saleId=2898&pageSize=10&sortBy=make_asc&page=2&page=2&id=347750&pagesize=10&no=2&totalcount=94

Bidding stopped at 2800

• Advertisement

Left hand green Landcruiser. Bidding stopped at 12800.
    Convertible Merc bidding stop at 3200. Thought that would get more interest

Bidding for ratrod stalled at 3200

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JP 1800

Not surprising on the rat rod, I would not even consider that car to be road legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JP 1800

80sDiesel wrote: »
    Bidding stopped at 2800

Bad time of year to be shifting a cab E30. I would imagine if the car is clean it would be worth more in the UK. E30 prices have been on the up in the UK.

Mods do delete or merge is ye have to. I figured though that I wouldn't spam the "today I spotted.." thread with show photos and I'd like to keep all of my photos in the one place.

Anyway, it was a good event all things considered. Much, much better organised than the previous auction at the Show Center. The sun played havoc with photos though, so they're no show pieces. There was a great selection there, and a good autojumble. I got a good haul. Did not drive home in anything new though. Actually I had to leave after lot 30..so I only have a small number of final prices noted. The prices I have noted are just what the bidding stopped at btw. Also apologies for my handwriting, I didn't have much to lean on while standing. And also again, my list was outdated by about a week and most of the cars that went through in the first 30 lots weren't actually on it..hence the scrawling on the back.

There was a really good turn out. I would like to see this turned into a more regular thing.

-

Anyway...I managed to get the four books here for a fiver! And the radio for €20.

IMG_3689_zpsgeufdua0.jpg

A few cars from outside

IMG_3686_zpsuijr7xjy.jpg

IMG_3685_zpsbap2rilw.jpg

IMG_3677_zpsmbkwnaqm.jpg

IMG_3676_zpsimy2zh5d.jpg

IMG_3673_zpsq0e3c09a.jpg

And going under the hammer...

IMG_3683_zpskcerx5jt.jpg

IMG_3684_zpsgdetwykk.jpg

IMG_3679_zpssulrvw4p.jpg

IMG_3681_zps7woph3eq.jpg

IMG_3678_zpscpn6ot3x.jpg

IMG_3670_zpst9gow1ta.jpg

IMG_3671_zpspvqe3t13.jpg

IMG_3667_zpsadudgegq.jpg

IMG_3669_zps32vavb3f.jpg

To be continued..

To be continued..

..with this beaut.

IMG_3665_zpsr0aleilo.jpg

IMG_3666_zpsvw8mg6xi.jpg

IMG_3664_zpsy0egbkpx.jpg

IMG_3661_zpsy7c4l0ny.jpg

IMG_3662_zps5vqvhlwc.jpg

IMG_3660_zpsjjzjaele.jpg

IMG_3658_zpsl89zemvr.jpg

IMG_3659_zpsm8fnrjru.jpg

IMG_3657_zps79gs8fti.jpg

IMG_3656_zpseoyaixkj.jpg

IMG_3654_zps6ygvsxft.jpg

IMG_3655_zpsdcafxvum.jpg

Lastly.

IMG_3653_zpsdgv1wjsb.jpg

IMG_3652_zps039bnl4j.jpg

IMG_3650_zpsbgbpg3ml.jpg

IMG_3649_zpsfq3acd5x.jpg

And some prices/notes. Again these figures just signify where bidding stopped.

Merlin%20Auction%20Results%201-1_zps8lie0trg.jpg

Merlin%20Auction%20Results%202-1_zpsjkonapp5.jpg

Rather than have two threads on the same topic, I've merged them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Thanks for that, not much sold then , we're the lots good quality or average standard with unrealistic expectations?

• Advertisement

Car99 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, not much sold then , we're the lots good quality or average standard with unrealistic expectations?

Well..I was only present for the first 30 lots through the auction. And none of those were without a bid. I'm not sure how things went after that as I had to leave.

If anyone has any prices or comments on other cars do feel free to post below.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mk1eighty

How much did the g wagon make. Needed a fair bit of work but complete.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Good man! Thanks for the info was curious to see what some of them went for.

No bother. I would have stayed longer to check out the Fuego and a few others but sadly had to dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Im sure we will see it on Donedeal for stupid money next week :pac:

The green Corona is there for €1500.
    Thanks for the info.
    Anyone know what happened with the Simca?

Im sure we will see it on Donedeal for stupid money next week :pac:

Haha, no doubt.

I'm not sure that much of the cars today were particular bargains such that one could buy to flip on, though. €1k for a Saab with 270k miles for example. That said the Xr2i and V reg Corona were quite cheap, if they sold.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That 83 Golf in the first post looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Anyone know how good the Xr2i was?

Was trying to buy it last May, Was in a garage and they knew nothing about it so didn't go view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭kyote00

1963 GT Cortina Estate ? :eek:

Anorak goes on....
    No such thing unfortunately unless it one of ~20 made for Nairobi Police which were built and exported in 1965 .... those would be the airflow model (not preairflow of 1963).

And some prices/notes. Again these figures just signify where bidding stopped.

Merlin%20Auction%20Results%201-1_zps8lie0trg.jpg

Merlin%20Auction%20Results%202-1_zpsjkonapp5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭goochy

Did anything sell ? Did 1996 rolls sell ? Been on donedeal for ages - once belonged to pino harris

• Advertisement

kyote00 wrote: »
    1963 GT Cortina Estate ? :eek:

Anorak goes on....
    No such thing unfortunately unless it one of ~20 made for Nairobi Police which were built and exported in 1965 .... those would be the airflow model (not preairflow of 1963).

The same car. Not sure of the ins and outs of it tbh.

1_zpsftivki2x.jpg

2_zpslwxf84dd.jpg

Advertisement