Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA 2017 Fantasy Six Nations - Irish Times and ESPNscrum

• 31-01-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year where the FSA embraces another sport for a few months.

Yes it's time for the Six Nations :)

There's the Irish Times and ESPNscrum leagues. Plus I'm sure Fantasy Rugger are going again this year too.

_____

ESPN League code: 1325826-43559

http://fantasyrugby.espn.co.uk/ESPN/en/5/clienthome.do

Irish Times:

FSA Boards.ie
    Password: boards

https://fantasyrugby.irishtimes.com/default.aspx

______

Now that's the admin out of the way it's time to pick our teams :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wanted to post about it but had no time for it lately. Thanks for opening the 2017 VI Nations campaign M.P ;).

After a promising Autumn International Test Series, let's (hope and) see the renaissance of Les Bleus à la Roger Federer this year :D.

A VI Nation starting with Le Crunch and finishing with France-Wales & Ireland-England (most probably championship-decider game(s)) is real exciting. Already drooling over it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'm in.. done rather well last season in the Irish Times competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Around this time of year I renew my interest in rugby and I ask myself the same question...who is the French kicker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CJRonan2017

So this is my team

Brown (Eng)
    H.Penny (Wales)
    North (Wales)
    Zebo (Ire)
    Vakatawa (France)

Farrell (Eng) C
    Murray (Ire)

Stander (Ire) - Picamoles (France) - Warburton (Wales) - Launchbury (Eng) - Henderson (Ire) - Lee (Wales) - Furlong (Ire) - Hartley (Eng)

What do ye think, I've left scotland and italy off completely. Going for max out try scorers. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Any one getting it difficult to use the IT site, quick pick on Wednesday,now can't use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Any one getting it difficult to use the IT site, quick pick on Wednesday,now can't use it

Same. Cant log on at all......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CJRonan2017

It's been brutal all day! Everyone is work getting there teams in before they had off for the weekend. check back at 6 and id say itll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

It's been brutal all day! Everyone is work getting there teams in before they had off for the weekend. check back at 6 and id say itll be grand

Same last night after 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Tried a few times now with no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Took about 2 hours to pick my team on it today , kicked me off a few times, painfully slow.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Irish times one is running fine now. Guess it was overloaded with people picking their team earlier today.

Joined both :cool:.

Allez les Bleus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

where is the save button on the Irish Times one???
    Cannot find it for the life of me, team
    picked but can't save :(

got it now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Didnt realise I had less than an hour to enter this on Irish Times site

(for anyone else who didnt realise)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Will sign up for the Irish Times one on my break in a hour

In the rbs fantasy one, does anyone know if you need a full squad (XV + 3 subs)? Sacrificing your last sub seems only logical as you can fit who you want into your starting XV.

Also I have a very lonely prediction league up on Superbru if anyone fancies joining? You predict winners and winning margin. Bonus for being exact, close and extra points to closest in pool as well.

http://www.superbru.com/sixnations/pool.php?p=11656673

Pool code: balifoxy

Can we sub players after they played like last year in the IT game.. I see 3 transfers available after 10 this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Rikand wrote: »

Cheers for the heads up, managed to get my team in. Don't know if they're all starting yet but I have 6 mill left over!

Rikand wrote: »

Are you sure of that :confused:.

It tells me 3h 26min left right now....

That's for game week 1 transfers

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Halfpenny is still on penalty's and conversions for Wales

thomasm wrote:

But there is another 3 transfers on Monday.. so can I use the first 3 after the ireland game? Have 18 players playing?

thomasm wrote: »
    Ah yeah, forgot you can change your team during the GW...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

iroced wrote: »

Which French players should we keeping an eye on this year?

Which French players should we keeping an eye on this year?
    Baptiste Serin of course :)! He has the flair. Remember his chistera pass for our try against New Zealand?

See at 0:16 :cool:

Lamerat at centre, Gourdon at back row are having promising starts under Novès. Then Vakatawa is special but you know him already.

iroced wrote:

That's what I'm unsure about the rules are not very clear..

thewools wrote: »
    That's what I'm unsure about the rules are not very clear..
    I didn't check them this year but that's what we could do last year and during the WC too. Strange system IMO. Also I don't like the backs not being separarted between centres and outside backs (ESPN is better for that).

iroced wrote:
    I didn't check them this year but that's what we could do last year and during the WC too. Strange system IMO. Also I don't like the backs not being separarted between centres and outside backs (ESPN is better for that).
    Found this:

Can I transfer players between games?

No, all transfers must be made by the published start time of the first match of the weekend, then teams will enter a transfer lockdown period until that Sunday at 23:59PM where you will be allocated your weekly transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep changed from last year. Went to do a transfer there now but "trade lockdown" in place so different from last year

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote:
    Yep changed from last year. Went to do a transfer there now but "trade lockdown" in place so different from last year

Cheers

Advertisement