Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Posted Letter Tracking

• 01-02-2017 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I sent a document to Argentina at the start of January to my solicitor to get tax back. I have a tracking number for it and I sent it by An Post. It was the 7 euro option and it said it would arrive within 5-7 days. Its over 3 weeks now since I sent it and the tracking number is saying it has been in the United States for the last 2 weeks. It is an important document and I only have one copy of, is there any way of getting the letter sent back or has this ever happened to anybody else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Hi,

I sent a document to Argentina at the start of January to my solicitor to get tax back. I have a tracking number for it and I sent it by An Post. It was the 7 euro option and it said it would arrive within 5-7 days. Its over 3 weeks now since I sent it and the tracking number is saying it has been in the United States for the last 2 weeks. It is an important document and I only have one copy of, is there any way of getting the letter sent back or has this ever happened to anybody else?

Thanks!

I wouldn't say commuting and transport would be the place for this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

magentis wrote: »
    I wouldn't say commuting and transport would be the place for this.

..So it's been bussed somewhere marginally more appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Contact USPS ,give tracking number,ask for return to sender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Check if you can actually track it in the USA? I know someone that posted a package overseas for Christmas & tracked it - they got concerned when it hadn't left Dublin after 2 weeks and assumed it had been stolen. They were told afterwards that it couldn't be tracked outside of the country...although obviously you can see yours got to the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

Thanks!

I sent a registered package (via An Post) to the Philippines last May, it took a week to get to the Philippines, then never seems to update after that.

It arrived back to me about two weeks ago, luckily I had a return address on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement