Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

And if Spurs lose this then either Palace v Spurs OR Man City v Stoke definitely goes ahead in GW28....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As an owner of 3 Spurs players, the scores in the Spurs and Palace games is very pleasing. That alone would leave a lot less tinkering in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

CSF wrote: »
    As an owner of 3 Spurs players, the scores in the Spurs and Palace games is very pleasing. That alone would leave a lot less tinkering in the coming weeks.

2-2 in the Spurs game now

Is there gonna be more than 1 or 2 games in that gameweek now?

Depends on the R5 draw on Monday. No more games cleared today which is good.

Hull, Burnley and Boro need to make the QFs or 3 more games free up.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »

Oh there's me sitting here like an idiot forgetting there is another round in the meantime.

Oh there's me sitting here like an idiot forgetting there is another round in the meantime.

Thought you might have. Has happened to most at some point, myself included.

5 games and 5 blanks seems decent odds atm. There are 2 definite games already.

United v City blank in 26 now confirmed too. If they'd both gone out of cup that game coulda gone to midweek in GW26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:

Hull - Swansea should go ahead. Fulham are favourites tomorrow and even if Hull win, they'll likely get knocked out in the next round.

spock. wrote: »
    Hull - Swansea should go ahead. Fulham are favourites tomorrow and even if Hull win, they'll likely get knocked out in the next round.

Yeah. All of those 3 i mentioned are low odds to reach QF.

Hull - Swansea is the 3rd GW28 fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hull - Swansea is the 3rd GW28 fixture.

Tom Carroll will be in my teamby then
    And maybe just maybe siggy may also make a return

km79 wrote:
    Tom Carroll will be in my teamby then
    And maybe just maybe siggy may also make a return

I want to bring in Siggy for GW27.

BUR, hul, bou, MID is a nice run of 4 fixtures while most big teams will have a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I want to bring in Siggy for GW27.

BUR, hul, bou, MID is a nice run of 4 fixtures while most big teams will have a blank.

And so it so it shall be done :)

On a side note Hull v Watford in GW34 now goes ahead too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

On a side note Hull v Watford in GW34 now goes ahead too.

As does Liverpool palace

Only 8 pl teams left in the fa cup last 16. 7 through and Leicester going to a replay. A couple of all pl ties in the quarters and it will be a poor season for dgws.

Only 8 pl teams left in the fa cup last 16. 7 through and Leicester going to a replay. A couple of all pl ties in the quarters and it will be a poor season for dgws.

Not a great day today for DGWs, but may not be as bad as you think. Those 8 teams affect 7 diferent fixtures in GW28. If only 4 or 5 of them make the QFs that'd likely still be 4 or 5 postponements.

Even if the draw has several all PL ties I can't see less than 4 blanks/refixtures.

And 3 of the teams with GW26 blanks are still there, if Arsenal and/or 1 of the Manchester sides make the semis there could be a third DGW am I right in thinking???

The GW26 refixes would go to 34 where the semifinalists would have a SGW, then there would be refixes from 28 and 34 to go in GW37 and some other GW.

Unbelievable fa cup draw all 8 pl teams drawn against non pl teams. What was the odds in that happening. Helps big time with dgws.

Unbelievable fa cup draw all 8 pl teams drawn against non pl teams. What was the odds in that happening. Helps big time with dgws.

Unreal. Couldn't believe it watching it there.

Few of the big hitters all but guaranteed into qf, e.g. Arsenal

Unreal. Couldn't believe it watching it there.

Few of the big hitters all but guaranteed into qf, e.g. Arsenal

Ye if city arsenal or utd make the sf. A dgw will have to take place outside gw 34 or 37. So we should definetly have 3 gws that will have a dgw in them now.

• Advertisement

Less than a 1% chance of all premier league teams avoiding each other there.

GW 28 is going to be tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So has Aguero out become a no brainer! He'll be only available 4 GW's out of next 6, and at that what will he play.

Could I go Kane or Lukaku!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chesty08 wrote: »
    So has Aguero out become a no brainer! He'll be only available 4 GW's out of next 6, and at that what will he play.

Could I go Kane or Lukaku!!

y'all need Jesus ;)

Less than a 1% chance of all premier league teams avoiding each other there.

GW 28 is going to be tiny!

I think the skinny week should be of great benefit to all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

trying to think ahead a bit but i'll probably be happy field 8-10 players that week if it is just those 3 games. i don't think any of the 3 guaranteed fixtures are games where you'd say "yeah, there's a guaranteed goalfest here". As soon as gw26 is out of the way most of us will want a lot of big-hitters in our squad (big hitters with upcoming doubles no less), which will mean alot of team surgery if you've all out concentrated on having XI starters for gw26. I love this kind of stuff though, great potential to make gains with such scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

So what teams are likely to be playing GW 28?
    Or is it too early to say

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    So what teams are likely to be playing GW 28?
    Or is it too early to say

Everton westham Bournemouth west brom hull swansea are the only 6 teams that have a fixture at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

3, 1-1 draws with nobody of note doing anything. I'll probably convince myself to do a -8 to get 8 players... 10 (-8)

manual_man wrote: »
    trying to think ahead a bit but i'll probably be happy field 8-10 players that week if it is just those 3 games. i don't think any of the 3 guaranteed fixtures are games where you'd say "yeah, there's a guaranteed goalfest here". As soon as gw26 is out of the way most of us will want a lot of big-hitters in our squad (big hitters with upcoming doubles no less), which will mean alot of team surgery if you've all out concentrated on having XI starters for gw26. I love this kind of stuff though, great potential to make gains with such scenarios

8 to 10 will be loads if there's only 3 games.

But it's the people who are not clued into this at all and find themselves with 3 players that you'll make ground on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So wait, is this a good or bad draw?

Or just mean that we've a lot of work to do?

Advertisement