Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Master Plan for Cherrywood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Chinasea wrote: »
    I get the impression you are a last word merchant. You are just short of adding the lines about cyclists crashing lights, paths, stereo stereo stereo.

No, you pointed a rubbish statement, which I pointed out to you was incorrect by referencing the relevant part of the national cycle manual, but you seem to think that you are better qualified than the people who put it together and at then you had a crazy rant and now have a eve worse rant about crashing lights , paths , stereos ???

P.s when I said I used it, I was talking about on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

A huge step forward as per the following two links:

1. Permission has been granted for the road network according to this link.
    2. Coverage of the same can be seen at The Journal.
    According to the coverage in The Journal, construction work should begin in the next few weeks. It should be interesting to see how traffic fares from the M50 when the new signal controlled junction is completed.

The construction of the road network is earmarked for completion in 2017 which is somewhat optimistic for (circa) 5 kilometers. Either-way I look forward to trying it out in its entirety. One of the roads (to be used by buses) is going to be laced with chicanes which I am very reserved about. But alas, such is life.

I’m surprised that this hasn’t been in the Weekly Traffic News from the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council website. However, for the past few weeks, it looks like construction on the new road system is already underway. Apparently, major road works are to begin from the 30th of January according to the road information systems in the vicinity.

Along Valley Drive, there appears to be a lot of flattening of the once uneven mud patches which I imagine is for the purpose of the road widening that is to take place there. Next, towards the M50 on the right, you have an enclosed construction site where they seem to be restructuring the land at the junction where the mobile speed camera check points are occasionally stationed.

Finally, there has been a lot more information added to the official Cherrywood Dublin Website where you can even find blue prints of the town center that will be built on the R118. In any case, I am really looking forward to when the whole thing is complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The plans look impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I’m surprised that this hasn’t been in the Weekly Traffic News from the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council website.

Why would it be in the Traffic News? These works are taking place entirely on site and offline from the existing roads, negligible effect on traffic until occupation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why would it be in the Traffic News? These works are taking place entirely on site and offline from the existing roads, negligible effect on traffic until occupation.

Actually there is a big sign on the road leading to the roundabout saying major roadworks from January 31st or words to that effect. I noted yesterday that the roundabout has wooden stakes on it presumably marking out where to dig?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Larbre34 wrote: »

I believe that they are removing the roundabout towards the start of the development rather waiting till it's occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

"2,850 multi family rental units"
    Are the apartments only going to be available for rental?

Screenshot%201.png

dunner515 wrote: »

Screenshot%201.png

I would imagine some blocks will be bought by pension companies and the like from the outset, to help fund the project.

dunner515 wrote: »

Screenshot%201.png

Yes that's the plan.

• Advertisement

I would imagine some blocks will be bought by pension companies and the like from the outset, to help fund the project.

Hines are pretty well funded,about 95bn dollars of assests under control

ted1 wrote: »
    Hines are pretty well funded,about 95bn dollars of assests under control

They are indeed, but cash is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

I live in the area, has anyone noticed they seem to have changed the lights sequence turning right from flyover bridge from wyattville road towards Cabinteely onto N11, I do this turn everyday and it use to flow better, I've noticed in general the traffic seems to be more congested on the wyattville road, dreading when the actual major roadworks will start if this is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Thestones wrote: »
    I live in the area, has anyone noticed they seem to have changed the lights sequence turning right from flyover bridge from wyattville road towards Cabinteely onto N11, I do this turn everyday and it use to flow better, I've noticed in general the traffic seems to be more congested on the wyattville road, dreading when the actual major roadworks will start if this is anything to go by.

Yeah I noticed it, but it suits me. I have to uturn at the bridge, so take N11 south, go over the bridge and then take N11 north. The old sequence was a real pain in the ass. The right turn off the Southbound slip road would go green at the same time as the right turn on to the Northbound slip road. If you were lucky, and if you gunned it, you would make it. But usually you wouldn't. Uturning the N11 could take me as much as 8 minutes. I despise it.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed it, but it suits me. I have to uturn at the bridge, so take N11 south, go over the bridge and then take N11 north. The old sequence was a real pain in the ass. The right turn off the Southbound slip road would go green at the same time as the right turn on to the Northbound slip road. If you were lucky, and if you gunned it, you would make it. But usually you wouldn't. Uturning the N11 could take me as much as 8 minutes. I despise it.

Why do you have to U turn? Why not just use loughlinstown roundabout up further, should be faster than 8 minutes.

ted1 wrote: »
    Why do you have to U turn? Why not just use loughlinstown roundabout up further, should be faster than 8 minutes.

Ah yes, the great kitchen table debate over which is quicker, for some reason the whole family favour the bridge, but various others have suggested the roundabout. The roundabout is probably quicker (on average), but involves driving a fair bit further. Google maps reckons Loughlinstown is 6 minutes and the bridge is 7 (from where I live to get back to the point on the n11 opposite my estate). Although interestingly google maps advises going around the roundabout at Cherrywood instead of going right on the far side of the bridge, which I choose to do.

At this stage probably habit. It is possible to get over the bridge quite quickly. Once or twice since it opened I even managed to get around with all three greens. Maybe I do it in vain hope it won't be a disaster.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Ah yes, the great kitchen table debate over which is quicker, for some reason the whole family favour the bridge, but various others have suggested the roundabout. The roundabout is probably quicker (on average), but involves driving a fair bit further. Google maps reckons Loughlinstown is 6 minutes and the bridge is 7 (from where I live to get back to the point on the n11 opposite my estate). Although interestingly google maps advises going around the roundabout at Cherrywood instead of going right on the far side of the bridge, which I choose to do.

At this stage probably habit. It is possible to get over the bridge quite quickly. Once or twice since it opened I even managed to get around with all three greens. Maybe I do it in vain hope it won't be a disaster.

We're in Seafield and our debate is weather to go up to the roundabout or go through Ballybrack village.
    I guess we all have our debates.

If we are coming from Whelan's the debate is the flyover or a u turn by the garage in the N11

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The open days where you can view the plans and talk to people from Hines, started today in the marketing suite, which is located above the spar.

Thursday 9th Feb: 1pm – 8pm
    Friday 10th Feb: 8am – 8pm
    Saturday 11th Feb: 10am – 5pm

The have already started removing the roundabout.

I am going to pop up tonight so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Anyone's been to the open day? Wondering whether there's a concrete timeline of the project?

Having passed the Roundabout (or Oval-about) over the past few weeks, it appears as though the new junction is rapidly taking shape. From seeing it up close at numerous angles, there doesn't seem to be that many layers of tarmac to go before they start connecting it up with the existing roads. Having said that, there is still a long way to go from the Valley Drive perspective. I say this because I've driven up there every few weeks and the foundations for the roadway running parallel to the tracks immediately north of Cherrywood Luas Stop are being layered and haven't been joined to West Courtyard yet. Nevertheless, steady progress is being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

What an absolute joke the traffic is lately with the roadworks on wyattville road, I saw tailbacks as far back as carrickmines on m50 trying to exit into cherrywood, there doesn't appear to be any traffic management plan, people just left to deal with usual traffic lights which is not working with one lane, something needs to be done.

Thestones wrote: »
    What an absolute joke the traffic is lately with the roadworks on wyattville road, I saw tailbacks as far back as carrickmines on m50 trying to exit into cherrywood, there doesn't appear to be any traffic management plan, people just left to deal with usual traffic lights which is not working with one lane, something needs to be done.

Yeah it's killing me right now - and I am not even coming from the M50. I am coming from the N11 Southbound lane. Only 3 cars are making the left turn off the ramp at each cycle. I can only imagine how bad it is from cars coming the whole way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Roundabout going this weekend, should be interesting to see how the new junction copes with the rush hour traffic next week - http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/171111.pdf
    As part of these works it is intended to remove the Cherrywood Roundabout and replaced
    with a signalised Traffic Junction.
    This switchover to a signalised Traffic Junction is scheduled to take place after 10.00am on
    Monday, 20th November ’17.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Roundabout going this weekend, should be interesting to see how the new junction copes with the rush hour traffic next week - http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/171111.pdf

for the weekend, traffic coming from the M50 will not be able to turn right in to Cherrywood, meaning a diversion over the N11 and a u-turn.

Monday morning is going to be chaos until the junction goes live Monday lunch time.

Thanks for the update Supercell and Aegir. Yeah, it doesn't appear to be all that bad now from a motorised traffic perspective. However, add the mooted 30000 population to that and it will be a different story. Hopefully, by then, there will be a few new bus routes anyway to serve the area to mitigate the increase in traffic somewhat.

It's still going to be a daunting cross for pedestrians and very hostile for the additional cyclists who will be using it once everything is completed.

I can see this junction undergoing a good few revisions when more members from each of the main road user groups start passing through it.

I guess we'll have to see how it all pans out when Cherrywood is maxed out population-wise and entirely operational.

Aegir wrote: »
    Supercell wrote: »

for the weekend, traffic coming from the M50 will not be able to turn right in to Cherrywood, meaning a diversion over the N11 and a u-turn.

Monday morning is going to be chaos until the junction goes live Monday lunch time.
    What about a left towards tullyvale then a u turn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Well who else got stuck coming into Cherrywood this morning? The traffic was back past the exit for Carrickmines on the M50, they have to do something with the new junction.

Advertisement