Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid subscription - not a subscriber

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Done, thanks very much for subscribing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi team. Subscribed for a month, can you do the necessary please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Same here.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi team. Subscribed for a month, can you do the necessary please.

Sadly I can't find a Business Cat for this situation...but done! Thanks for subscribing.

Boards.ie Employee

Same here.

You beat me to it :) But yep, yours is also added. Thanks for subbing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You beat me to it :) But yep, yours is also added. Thanks for subbing!

Cheers, Mark.

May all the crackers you pull over the festivities bring you joy and good cheer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I've subscribed for a month, if this could be updated, thanks.

Boards.ie Employee

Flimpson wrote: »
    I've subscribed for a month, if this could be updated, thanks.

Thanks very much for subscribing. Have added a one month non-recurring subscription to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hi, my 1-year recurring subscription didn't go through last week because I didn't have enough PayPal funds in my account. I topped it up at the weekend and have a receipt from Boards.ie that my €50 subscription has been completed (Transaction ID ending in 425A) but I don't seem to have the subscriber privileges yet. Can you sort this for me please? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Almost a year...

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi, my 1-year recurring subscription didn't go through last week because I didn't have enough PayPal funds in my account. I topped it up at the weekend and have a receipt from Boards.ie that my €50 subscription has been completed (Transaction ID ending in 425A) but I don't seem to have the subscriber privileges yet. Can you sort this for me please? Cheers.

Hi there,

Could you send me a PM please with the e-mail address linked to your PayPal? Thanks very much.

Hi there,

Could you send me a PM please with the e-mail address linked to your PayPal? Thanks very much.

I can't as my pm storage has gone way over the 500 allowed since I've had subscriber access for the last few years.

Boards.ie Employee

I can't as my pm storage has gone way over the 500 allowed since I've had subscriber access for the last few years.

Please post it in this thread, which is pre-moderated so your post won't show and I'll delete it immediately. Thanks!

Please post it in this thread, which is pre-moderated so your post won't show and I'll delete it immediately. Thanks!

Posted it there now Mark.

Boards.ie Employee

Thanks very much - have tracked you down and added a one year recurring subscription to your account. Thanks for subscribing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 girlo1111

Hi i subscribed tonight telling me I'm not subscriber i just want to change my username please

Boards.ie Employee

Jenod1111 wrote: »
    Hi i subscribed tonight telling me I'm not subscriber i just want to change my username please

Added that to your account. Thanks very much for subscribing. If you go to the Subscribers forum you will be able to request a name change.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Added that to your account. Thanks very much for subscribing. If you go to the Subscribers forum you will be able to request a name change.

Still no sign of the issue being resolved? Or has a decision been made to just leave it as it is?

Boards.ie Employee

Still no sign of the issue being resolved? Or has a decision been made to just leave it as it is?

Still looking into it, I'm afraid. PayPal isn't playing nice. Myself and Niamh are checking the logs constantly though (this particular payment was in the AM, but was added first thing this morning).

The only time that there's some difficulty is when someone has a different e-mail attached to their PayPal than their Boards account and they don't put a username in the details.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Would you consider using a different card processing site if paypal are being dicks? Stripe is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Just paid a 3 month non-recurring sub this morning. When ye can, will you update my profile please?
    Tks

Boards.ie Employee

Just paid a 3 month non-recurring sub this morning. When ye can, will you update my profile please?
    Tks

Done! Thanks very much for subscribing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Slideways

*waves*

Hi there, can you do the business, I've just subscribed again. Also access to FCL, is that still automatically added for subscriptions, it's been a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Would you consider using a different card processing site if paypal are being dicks? Stripe is very good.

Is this being considered?

It's over a year now since this issue was brought to light. Absolute joke.

Boards.ie Employee

Slideways wrote: »
    *waves*

Hi there, can you do the business, I've just subscribed again. Also access to FCL, is that still automatically added for subscriptions, it's been a while....

Thanks for subscribing. That's been added to your acccount now :) FCL is indeed included with the Subscription as well as the revamped Sex and Sexuality forum. You can find all the Subscriber forums here.
    Is this being considered?

It's over a year now since this issue was brought to light. Absolute joke.

Unfortunately it's a matter of resources. Certainly open to looking at options and alternatives, but in the meantime we're keeping an eye on Paypal for transactions and updating manually as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Can you add this feature to my account as I recently renewed my subscription.

Boards.ie Employee

Can you add this feature to my account as I recently renewed my subscription.

Hi there,

Can you please PM me with the e-mail address associated with your PayPal account? Thanks!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

This is going on far too long Mark, it needs to be sorted. Fix the problem with PayPal or move to another payment system that works the way your subscribing user-base wants it to.

Having to manually request to have your paid-for subscription activated is crazy.

Boards.ie Employee

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    This is going on far too long Mark, it needs to be sorted. Fix the problem with PayPal or move to another payment system that works the way your subscribing user-base wants it to.

Having to manually request to have your paid-for subscription activated is crazy.

Agree with you on all points. We are working on the issue with PayPal, but it's proving tricky. I know that's frustrating to hear when it's been going on for so long. I'm hoping we'll have better news...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_online_payment_service_providers

Tbh, this should have been sorted by St Patrick's day 2016 at the very latest.

It's now been a (very) serious issue for users for 14 months.

Paypal being unhelpful might have excused this for a day or two but a year and two months? :confused:

Advertisement