Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

When will we get confirmation on the double gameweek? As it seems their could be multiple dates

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

When will we get confirmation on the double gameweek? As it seems their could be multiple dates

It will be gw 34 and gw 37 . There is a chance another gw may have the odd game but 34 and 37 in particular will be the main ones.

It will be gw 34 and gw 37 . There is a chance another gw may have the odd game but 34 and 37 in particular will be the main ones.

Thanks.

You're the busts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Hi all,
    As this is my first season I'm a bit unsure about the dgw situation.
    Ive a very settled team and have had an amazing 5 or 6 weeks I'm now up at 156,000.
    I still have my triple captain chip and haven't used the wildcard yet and have two free transfers.

This is my current squad

forster / schmeichel

Alonso / Jones / clyne / brunt/ walker

Alli/ stanislas / sanchez / phillips / zaha

Kane / Carroll / giroud /

So what ive heard there are some weeks where certain teams will play twice,
    so it would makes since to double or triple up on those teams?

Opinions on when best to use wildcard, triple capt etc would be great,
    Thanks

Bear in mind they'll have their blank weeks before their doubles, so first you must navigate the blank (where there may only be eight teams playing), then stock up on the doublers before the DGW. It may well be the case that you won't be able to play 11 players in the blank and have a significant number of doublers (e.g. 7, but who knows at this stage?) without hits or using your WC in-between. Safest strategy for now is to do nothing and hold your transfers until after the weekend, and also, if you can, keep rolling your one free transfer over until the week of the blank. Nothing more annoying than getting in a player specially for the blank three weeks before only for him to do his hammy before you can even use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So barring a miracle from Hull the the following games will be off in GW26.

Man United v Man City
    Southampton v Arsenal

A few popular players missing out there...

I have 4 out currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    So barring a miracle from Hull the the following games will be off in GW26.

Man United v Man City
    Southampton v Arsenal

A few popular players missing out there...

I have 4 out currently.
    Me too
    One of them is yoshida though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Zlatan and Sanchez will be big. Zlatan has tasty fixtures either side of it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Zlatan and Sanchez will be big. Zlatan has tasty fixtures either side of it too.

Sanchez fixtures aren't great:
    GW23 - WAT
    GW 24 - chelsea
    GW 25 - HULL
    GW 26 - (Blank) southampton
    GW 27 - liverpool
    GW 28 - (FA Cup Blank) LEICESTER
    GW 29 - wba
    GW 30 - MAN CITY

from 26-29 two blanks (potential) and away at pool and wba.
    Hazard has good fixtures during this time - Swansea, West ham, Waterford and Stoke. Might have a blank as well too.

Yeah. High chance of a blank in 28 though.

26 Blank
    27 BOU
    28 Blank

If it goes that way a 3 week holiday could work.

Lotta cash to bench 2 outta 3 weeks, when Sanchez has to join him on bench in 26 at least...

Jaggo wrote: »
    Sanchez fixtures aren't great:
    GW23 - WAT
    GW 24 - chelsea
    GW 25 - HULL
    GW 26 - (Blank) southampton
    GW 27 - liverpool
    GW 28 - (FA Cup Blank) LEICESTER
    GW 29 - wba
    GW 30 - MAN CITY

from 26-29 two blanks (potential) and away at pool and wba.
    Hazard has good fixtures during this time - Swansea, West ham, Waterford and Stoke. Might have a blank as well too.

Even with the Swindon lad backing them and a couple of decent signings the the Blues will find that a tough one... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

26 Blank
    27 BOU
    28 Blank

Lotta cash to bench 2 outta 3 weeks, when Sanchez has to join him on bench in 26 at least...

Not sure I'll be going without Ibra for GW27
    He is the clear standout captain option that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

26 Blank
    27 BOU
    28 Blank

While Costa has...

26 SWA
    27 West Ham
    28 WAT

Think I know what I'll be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is there not a possibility of the gw26 games moving midweek and staying in the gameweek
    No European games

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Is there not a possibility of the gw26 games moving midweek and staying in the gameweek
    No European games

Think that midweek is set aside for FA Cup replays but I could be wrong. Where's busts?!

While Costa has...

26 SWA
    27 West Ham
    28 WAT

Thats just what I've taken from the FFS fixture ticker too! :)

Think that midweek is set aside for FA Cup replays but I could be wrong. Where's busts?!

If the teams are involved in R5 usually it doesn't happen due to short notice to arrange the fixtures. 10 days from R5 games till replay dates though. If both teams from one of the games don't have R5 replays it may be possible I suppose.

If you're on Twitter you gotta be following @bencrellin for this stuff btw..

"Basically, I think it's safe to assume that the teams who reach the FA Cup Semi Finals will have a Single Gameweek in Gameweek 34."

This is why 34 looks likely to be the smaller DGW. The teams who reach the SF will have their GW34 PL match cancelled and probably have their GW28 match refixed for the midweek.

If you're on Twitter you gotta be following @bencrellin for this stuff btw..

"Basically, I think it's safe to assume that the teams who reach the FA Cup Semi Finals will have a Single Gameweek in Gameweek 34."

This is why 34 looks likely to be the smaller DGW. The teams who reach the SF will have their GW34 PL match cancelled and probably have their GW28 match refixed for the midweek.

Ben crellin just read the first two posts on this thread and threw a few fancy spreadsheets together. Or maybe my secret is out I am Ben crellin.

Ben crellin just read the first two posts on this thread and threw a few fancy spreadsheets together. Or maybe my secret is out I am Ben crellin.

Oh God. Shoulda made it clear that following Ben Crellin is a poor second to Busts and his newspaper fixtures pullout covered in red pen and tippex!! :D

The original and the best king of DGW advanced planning. ;)

Oh God. Shoulda made it clear that following Ben Crellin is a poor second to Busts and his newspaper fixtures pullout covered in red pen and tippex!! :D

The original and the best king of DGW advanced planning. ;)

All joking aside I've yet to see anything on FFS about the likliehood of what will happen gw 34 and gw 37 . The less people that know the better.

• Advertisement

All joking aside I've yet to see anything on FFS about the likliehood of what will happen gw 34 and gw 37 . The less people that know the better.

Never look at it at all these days. Following a small few on twitter much more informative.

As I posted earlier in the week on the transfers thread there is no point planning or making any transfer this week till after the FA Cup draw.

Never look at it at all these days. Following a small few on twitter much more informative.

As I posted earlier in the week on the transfers thread there is no point planning or making any transfer this week till after the FA Cup draw.

I just read the hot topics some can be interesting. I must have missed that advice ha .2 FTS already made I couldn't afford Kane unless I got him before his rise. I have Randolph baines brunt funes mori Phillips Stanislas for gw 28 so set up OK for it. If there is only 3 or 4 games I'll be happy with 8 to 9 players once I have the main captain option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

There is just too much garbage being peddled as "advice" on Twitter and websites. Even the advice from the official FPL one is pretty poor and I find myself disagreeing with a lot of it.

Same as you, I have a few people I look to when selecting advice.

Not badly affected as of yet by GW26, pretty comfortable right now with just Sanchez affected and most likely Ibra after tonight. No City or Southampton players. As for Gw28, I have 4 players with definite fixtures and I'm sure I'll get it up to a reasonable 11 players by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

No obvious Triple Captain Choices from last night anyway.

Sanchez: If DGW34 So'ton (A), Sunderland (H). If DGW37 So'ton (A), Stoke (A)
    Ibra: If DGW34 Man City (A), Burnley (A). If DGW37 Man City (A), Leicester (H)
    Aguero: If DGW34 Man Utd (H), West Brom (H). If DGW37 Man Utd (H), Spurs (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

That sounds good to me!

The dgw 37 for IBRA is spurs A City A and aguero is utd H Leicester H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Guys, you're all searching in the wrong direction. Ideal DGW captain? Well troll + no DGW + chances of team having something to play for = but of course! Romelu Lukaku :pac:!

elefant wrote: »
    That sounds good to me!

That's a monster for Sanchez tbh. Sanchez most scoring points tend to be away. All over that if it happens.

While Costa has...

26 SWA
    27 West Ham
    28 WAT

Actually on this, Costa will more likely have...

26 SWA
    27 West Ham
    28 BLANK

:(

• Advertisement

With Liverpool out, upsets in any of the following games free up an extra fixture in GW28...

C Palace V Man City
    Fulham V Hull
    Boro V Accrington
    Burnley v Bristol C

Advertisement