Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic and restoration show 2017

• 22-01-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, was wondering if any of you had gone to this show before?

http://www.necrestorationshow.com

Was thinking of going over for the first day of it on an early flight and coming home that evening.
    Just wondering if any of you had attended before and would you feel it was worth going to? Or if there is another one on around that time that would be better that you could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

I went last year for the day trip, it was the first year of the show iirc.
    While it wasn't as big as the likes of autosport or the classic car show itself I didn't leave disappointed.
    I would say it will be bigger this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Thanks NeilW.
    Is the classic car show that you are saying the one in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Thanks NeilW.
    Is the classic car show that you are saying the one in October?

Yes, I haven't been to that one yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭MrRolex

Thanks for the heads up about this!
    I will definitely go as the dates suit me.
    I would never have known it was on, as I only follow the Irish shows.
    I am wondering if one day would be enough to see the 700 cars!
    £16 seems reasonable too. Now I just need to convince my wife its a romantic weekend away!

Changed my plans and am going on the Saturday now and booked flights this evening.
    I'd say you will have some job trying to sell a weekend in Birmingham as a romantic break MrRolex!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭MrRolex

Agreed.
    I love classic cars, always have done.
    But my wife doesn't. I suppose its a common story.
    I see many ads where the wife is forcing the sale, wedding, or baby on way, etc.
    I suppose its the age-old problem, young family, running costs of a classic car.
    Something has to give.
    But for me, weekends away at classic car shows give me as much pleasure as driving one.
    I suppose every man has his vice; gambling, drinking, GAA, etc.
    Mine is classic cars I suppose.
    Sound familiar to yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Guys for anyone who has not been to the NEC classic car show in November, it is well worth the trip!!. If you are deciding if to goto the show mentioned above or in November, the classic car show would be way ahead....on the other hand just goto the two!! :-)

Passport at the ready,am on the 6.25 flight in the morning.
    Have been looking through facebook posts of it all day and it looks good.

Anyone going to this at the weekend? I'm going on Friday morning and staying overnight.
    Really enjoyed it last year but felt it was a bit rushed just having the one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I’m going over for the day on Saturday. Not too worried about it being rushed - I’ll just be selective about what I spend time at.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    I’m going over for the day on Saturday. Not too worried about it being rushed - I’ll just be selective about what I spend time at.

One day is fine all that I found to be rushed was the people at various stands want to chat to you about their projects and you feel as if you're fobbing them off!
    It's a very good show.

Advertisement