Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ooo there is a live stream

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ooo there is a live stream

Was all over that....checking out how long the press commands were taking :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was just cheering on Leslie and the girls ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Link?

Link?

It's on Facebook. Jay F is streaming the lifting that's on now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

JayRoc wrote: »
    If you can't do a full press, is there room to stand up and do a Bradford Press?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gD6XoIXGmDI

I'd worry about shoulder health with any pressing behind the neck.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

IPO President awarded the best lifter award to James Hanley in Boyneside tonight... instead of James Hickey. Great Freudian slip.

The struggle goes on #justice4Hanlambe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

IPO President awarded the best lifter award to James Hanley in Boyneside tonight... instead of James Hickey. Great Freudian slip.

The struggle goes on #justice4Hanlambe

That was a funny moment alright .. how did you get on?

Posted in achievements thread but got a 200kg DL which was a no lift because I locked my knees as a second movement. PR at 195kg so, 10kg increase. Bench at 120kg matched my PR but was very quick and smooth so Im happy with that!

Posted in achievements thread but got a 200kg DL which was a no lift because I locked my knees as a second movement. PR at 195kg so, 10kg increase. Bench at 120kg matched my PR but was very quick and smooth so Im happy with that!

I think I remember your lifts alright ... well done and now that you've popped your cherry you'll have to do more !

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    I think I remember your lifts alright ... well done and now that you've popped your cherry you'll have to do more !

Oh were you there? I'd have said hello if I'd known!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I dropped down to boyneside in the end, was very good, well worth the 5 euro that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Thanks for all the replies to my OHP issues, too many to quote.

Will try sitting on the bench facing the bar and see how that feels or unracking it standing and then sitting down. Hopefully one will work.

I do hate the OHP though and struggling to add weight, other issues aside.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies to my OHP issues, too many to quote.

Will try sitting on the bench facing the bar and see how that feels or unracking it standing and then sitting down. Hopefully one will work.

I do hate the OHP though and struggling to add weight, other issues aside.

You might want to address the shoulder injury issue as well.

You might want to address the shoulder injury issue as well.

I probably used the wrong word with injury, is more just sore when I reach behind me to unrack/rack the bar. I can bench etc with no pain or discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Clarence expanding on his vegan diet.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I dropped down to boyneside in the end, was very good, well worth the 5 euro that's for sure.

Couple of nice big lifts at the end for entertainment ..

DylanJM wrote: »
    Clarence expanding on his vegan diet.

What weight is he doing the OHP off the boxes at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Some of those meals he showed looked really nice. I think I'll start eating beans more regularly instead of opting for chicken or mince all the time, mostly for variation but I'm also aware of the cost meat production has to the environment.

He hasn't convinced me to go vegan...yet, but certainly I'm less dismissive of it now than I was in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So alf who are you here???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I found Alf but didn't find Blacktie!

Phone was at home...if I was to guess who you are, I'd have said the chap who had that epic deadlift battle at the end and just missed when I thought you had it!

If so, fair play man. Hell of an attempt!

If not, I have no idea :)

Phone was at home...if I was to guess who you are, I'd have said the disappointed chap at the end!

That was me. I watched the video. I shouldn't have. I was SOOOO close. i'm counting it as a training PR anyway. Damn balance must have been off trying to lock my shoulders back.

Ah well there's two of my 2017 goals met with 3 PRs. Happy days really. I'll take second this time and get my 1st next comp!

Blacktie. wrote: »
    That was me. I watched the video. I shouldn't have. I was SOOOO close. i'm counting it as a training PR anyway. Damn balance must have been off trying to lock my shoulders back.

Ah well there's two of my 2017 goals met with 3 PRs. Happy days really. I'll take second this time and get my 1st next comp!

Everyone was cheering it on! Thought the lockout was just about to happen and then it didn't. Great lifting though chief. Great numbers!

Everyone was cheering it on! Thought the lockout was just about to happen and then it didn't. Great lifting though chief. Great numbers!

Yeah flew up till the shoulder lockout. Just lost my balance I guess and the bar dipped.

Thanks for saying hello, chief!

Got a solid tip from bluewolf the other day: along with the kitchen sink in the gearbag, you should bring a spare jacks roll. Nervous lifters and that kind if thing.

There was laughter when I packed it last night but then it turned out the nervous lifters ahead of me had used all the toilet paper...

Pro tip!

Got a solid tip from bluewolf the other day: along with the kitchen sink in the gearbag, you should bring a spare jacks roll. Nervous lifters and that kind if thing.

There was laughter when I packed it last night but then it turned out the nervous lifters ahead of me had used all the toilet paper...

Pro tip!

Hmmmm. Did I go in just before you?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Did I go in just before you?

Think so!

Edit: now I think of it you were in the weigh in queue just ahead of me trying to figure out if it was a heater that was being cranked up.

• Advertisement

Edit: now I think of it you were in the weigh in queue just ahead of me trying to figure out if it was a heater that was being cranked up.

Ah ye that was me. Grand stuff. Cya at the next one!

Advertisement