Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the indo dropped to new depths?

• 19-01-2017 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I'm a "mature" person. Eg, I remember when the independent was a half decent NEWS paper and not the hysterical rag it is today.

But the screaming headline today about "burglars leaving coded chalk marks outside houses" takes the biscuit for utter stupidity.

The journalist that wrote the crap should consider their career if they believe such rubbish and the editor / publishing manager should simply resign if they are so stupid as to believe such sh1te.

Today is the day the indo lost any credibility it had left.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

I think that the day of putting "the indo" and "credibility" in the same sentence is long past

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭daheff

Delacent wrote: »

Today is the day the indo lost any credibility it had left.

it lost it a long time ago.

Its pandering to the click-bait generation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

It stopped being a serious newspaper when it started using liveline as a news source or basing articles on Twitter reactions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

The hysteria about the snow last week was another example. Even after nothing happened they ran pages on the wanton destruction caused by 5 snowflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

IRE60 wrote: »

Don't be so insulting to a fabulous creative periodical of my youth. - Desperate Dan would not be happy.

I notice that the indo is running an almost identical story today - but the burglars have moved to rural areas and leaving stones outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

The Indo' in now being written by 16 year old interns!

Their web site isn't any better, probably manned by the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The Indo website is fast becoming a serious & credible challenge to Waterford Whispers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

tippman1 wrote: »
    The Indo website is fast becoming a serious & credible challenge to Waterford Whispers.

Fantastic! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement