Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Colohall wrote: »
    Not really, but mostly because I know the guy who posted it. But i can understand if it did annoy anyone else.

They'd want to be fairly thin skinned to be bothered by that in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

They'd want to be fairly thin skinned to be bothered by that in fairness.
    Really? Nobody can find random cheap digs annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Colohall wrote: »
    Really? Nobody can find random cheap digs annoying?

So it's definitely not you who is annoyed?

So it's definitely not you who is annoyed?
    When I first read it, yeah, I did thought it was a bit classless and unnecessary, given it was long removed from either game in Galway. But like I said, I was able to laugh it off because I know Shaun, I know he didn't mean it the way it came across to me. Had it been someone else, it would have been tougher to let slide. But I still don't find it amusing in any way.

But don't confuse annoyed with offended. It was never a case of having my feelings hurt. I can handle losing and the banter that goes with it. God knows, we had plenty of it to endure the last 3 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Why are you bothering to post it here though? I don't get it. What point are you trying to prove? By highlighting it on a public forum you have turned smack talking into a big deal for you and aired it to others who probably would never have seen it in the first place or cared.

• Advertisement

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Why are you bothering to post it here though? I don't get it. What point are you trying to prove? By highlighting it on a public forum you have turned smack talking into a big deal for you and aired it to others who probably would never have seen it in the first place or cared.
    OK to be fair I haven't done a great job of explaining what I mean up to now so let me clarify.

When GUFC commented they'd be insufferable on social media, he got accused of "bitching". I was merely pointing out one example of what I personally found annoying initially.

Also it's not trash talk that I was making a big deal of, quite the opposite. When I first read the post, I took it as a sly dig. Only after I realised who had posted it, I knew it was just an attempt at a bit of banter.

I didn't mean for this to end up as any kind of mud slinging or anything, and obviously my point was poorly put across but hopefully you can see what I'm getting at a bit clearer now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

All teams in the league should aim to be as insufferable as the vipers :D

They have by far the best and most active social media of any team in the league

Its what we all should aim for

Brings far more attention to the teams

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niallk21

Hey Folks..

Looking to recruit for Athlone Minotuars Flag American Football team... If you know anyone in the Roscommon/Westmeath area, or if you'r interested yourself.. Get in touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭onetimecypher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

link broken??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sbc schedule

http://www.americanfootball.ie/schedule/sbc-2017-schedule/

Iafl 1 and 2 also out and on the site

Was suprised to see no 2nds this year. I guess the divisions just make sense numbers wise, bar the sbc having 9 of course. Also iafl1/2 is a promotion relegation division this year from what i understand. 1 up 1 down

gufc21 wrote: »
    Was suprised to see no 2nds this year. I guess the divisions just make sense numbers wise, bar the sbc having 9 of course. Also iafl1/2 is a promotion relegation division this year from what i understand. 1 up 1 down

Some teams feel seconds weaken them id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

What is the youngest age a teenage lad can start playing?

cena wrote: »
    What is the youngest age a teenage lad can start playing?

full contact is 18

Patww79 wrote: »

They dropped down the other week, we were supposed to be playing them but were told they were dropping, I imagine they lost a lot of players and are rebuilding

• Advertisement

full contact is 18

Is there non contact for?

Is there non contact for?

There os a youth league 16-19 full contact. Where are you based?

There os a youth league 16-19 full contact. Where are you based?

Galway. Asking for someone else

Galway. Asking for someone else

Well i know Galway are looking to get a youth team up and running but very early stages. If you want to pm me the details of who you are looking for i can point you in the right direction wherever they be located.

Well i know Galway are looking to get a youth team up and running but very early stages. If you want to pm me the details of who you are looking for i can point you in the right direction wherever they be located.

They are up the road from me,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Watched my first local game yesterday, the Division 2 top of the table clash between the Donegal/Derry Vipers and Craigavon Cowboys. Unfortunately I missed the first 25 minutes or so and hence missed all the scoring. Defences dominated, not surprisingly, and the Cowboys won out 12-0. Vipers suffered from some crucial turnovers and offensive panic in the last quarter.

I'd definitely go again, except the Vipers unfortunately (for me) play most of their home games in Derry.

Edit: the game also had the unique experience of being on a GAA pitch which was too long. They chose to move the pitch towards one goal so it regulation distance, ignoring the other. So offense always played in the same direction. Every time a team gained possession, everybody switched sides.

Watched my first local game yesterday, the Division 2 top of the table clash between the Donegal/Derry Vipers and Craigavon Cowboys. Unfortunately I missed the first 25 minutes or so and hence missed all the scoring. Defences dominated, not surprisingly, and the Cowboys won out 12-0. Vipers suffered from some crucial turnovers and offensive panic in the last quarter.

I'd definitely go again, except the Vipers unfortunately (for me) play most of their home games in Derry.

Edit: the game also had the unique experience of being on a GAA pitch which was too long. They chose to move the pitch towards one goal so it regulation distance, ignoring the other. So offense always played in the same direction. Every time a team gained possession, everybody switched sides.

was the same last year, First time in 2 seasons vipers failed to score and only the second loss in 2 years also. Will prob be a rubber game in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Just a quick update.

Bowl season is upon us again.

Attached is the graphic for the SBC schedule. Check out the Facebook pages for locations of each game as they go.

Defending champs, the Dublin Rebels along with the UL Vikings both finished with an identical 7-1 record and are both in prime position to be playing in the Bowl Game but that's not to rule out the Trojans and the Knights who will always be a tough opposition for either of the above.

Wildcard games kick off this weekend with Trinity and the Trojans facing each other in Carrickfergus in game 1 and the UL Vikings hosting the Cork Admirals in game 2. Both games kick off at 2pm on Sunday.

The IAFL 1 Semi finals will also kick off this weekend too, with both promoted teams from IAFL 2 last year taking 2 of the 4 spots. Heavyweights Craigavon Cowboys finished top of the table in the regular season and grabbed the no.1 seed. The Louth Mavericks finished in 3rd position to make up the rest of the playoff 4.

This Sunday Craigavon play the Wexford Eagles in Craigavon at 2pm whilst in the other playoff game the Donegal Derry Vipers host the Louth Mavericks in Drumahoe.

The IAFL 2 regular season is still ongoing with the rookie Antrim Jets heading the division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

Thinking of heading out for the Cill Dara Crusaders rookie day tomorrow. Anyone here involved with the team? Anyone know what I could expect?

For some reason my posts won’t go through on the Facebook page so I’m just asking here on the off chance anyone has done something similar recently!

Advertisement