Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I just walk through skip grenades and shoot the guy throwing them and stand still and take all the damage and laugh and win

Sprinting through them generally seems to work best. As long as you can time it so the grenade lands at your feet before splitting, then you shouldn't take too much damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Just in case... Iron Banner is back. The new IB Sidearm is up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Frost boots are the best Hunter exotic, and up there with Armamentarium for one of the best overall. 5-8 secs of sprinting for a fresh grenade. You can't beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Frost boots are the best Hunter exotic, and up there with Armamentarium for one of the best overall. 5-8 secs of sprinting for a fresh grenade. You can't beat that.

Double tripmine, fourth golden gun shot, extra mobility, I dunno buddy but I think it comes down to personal preference and situation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd say Bones, Frost and the double skip nade one are all top tier. Rest are below

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Double tripmine, fourth golden gun shot, extra mobility, I dunno buddy but I think it comes down to personal preference and situation really.

Golden gun is likely to have lesser impact over the course of a match than grenades imo. Tripmines have been ruined imo, don't run them anymore.

Best thing about the Frost is that they are class agnostic, you're not limited as you can be with others. Sealed Ahamkara are another strong option, situationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,960 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Golden gun is likely to have lesser impact over the course of a match than grenades imo. Tripmines have been ruined imo, don't run them anymore.

Best thing about the Frost is that they are class agnostic, you're not limited as you can be with others. Sealed Ahamkara are another strong option, situationally.

I still get loads of kills off Tripmines - both kills cleaning up low health targets or a kill directly off the grenade itself. My hunter never loses the young ahamkara spine gauntlets in PVP. Two tripmines, extended active time on them too - LOVE THEM. I do miss their stickiness, but they can be well used as actual traps imo, and that is how I love using them.

I suppose you could get more kills off a sticky grenade - tagging someone each time is a kill, 20 grenade throws a game possible? but I still feel tripmines (and ligtning grenades when I am running titan) are usefull to me and I don't feel I am losing out. Would prefer tripmines and golden gun rather than skips and bladedancer, as I am a bad bladedancer.

I still get loads of kills off Tripmines - both kills cleaning up low health targets or a kill directly off the grenade itself. My hunter never loses the young ahamkara spine gauntlets in PVP. Two tripmines, extended active time on them too - LOVE THEM. I do miss their stickiness, but they can be well used as actual traps imo, and that is how I love using them.

I suppose you could get more kills off a sticky grenade - tagging someone each time is a kill, 20 grenade throws a game possible? but I still feel tripmines (and ligtning grenades when I am running titan) are usefull to me and I don't feel I am losing out. Would prefer tripmines and golden gun rather than skips and bladedancer, as I am a bad bladedancer.

I find trips horribly inconsistent, most classes base armor is too high for a 0HK. Drives me nuts. I find Incendiary nades to be more effective, especially with the burn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Trust me they arent a kill each time, havent been right in months. I have been running behind someone, stuck them with a nade and when it blew they received no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Trust me they arent a kill each time, havent been right in months. I have been running behind someone, stuck them with a nade and when it blew they received no damage.

Easily explained:

jogando_pela_net_deu_lag.gif1K8Yts9.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Easily explained:

jogando_pela_net_deu_lag.gif

Nah, its been happening since they messed up nades a few months ago. I find that 3/4 nades in each game just kind of falls of the person it stuck to with no damage etc or on the very rare occassion it will hit for a whopping "2" damage, so now I use Incendiary and they are brill :D

I find trips horribly inconsistent, most classes base armor is too high for a 0HK. Drives me nuts. I find Incendiary nades to be more effective, especially with the burn.

I find there are more than enough instances to bait people past them to clean them up with a shot prior to grenade or to clean them after the grenade. Also get a number of kills as people move around with less than full health. They generally won't 1hk but they are still a fave of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Had a few games tonight,really not havin a good time this IB:( Hopin for a bit better over the next few days,just waiting on 400 boots to get my first char to 400. Been doing a mix of strike bounties and IB just to keep it interesting,not much loot yet from IB yet but ive now got 5 coins to cash in from losses such was my bad run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Very mixed games this IB. Going from very well to very bad, although I've found a new love for axion bolt grenades.

Managed all four bounties' handy enough thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Very mixed games this IB. Going from very well to very bad, although I've found a new love for axion bolt grenades.

Managed all four bounties' handy enough thankfully

Nothing Manacles , scatter grenades. Warlock like!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Nothing Manacles , scatter grenades. Warlock like!

Axion bolts are like little puppies though, they follow everywhere.
    The amount of kills I've gotten from shooting at someone and them running away just as I lob a grenade after them. They run round a corner, about five seconds later, kill :)

Found this Iron Banner TERRIBLE this time around.

Very few games that I felt I played well in - and a load of games where my K/D was shocking, .5 or lower. Very fecking salty for a lot of it. Queuing solo was, I feel, the main issue for me I think.

I miss when we had loads of people on for Destiny. Stupid Overwatch, stupid content draught!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

First Iron Banner I've missed afaik.
    The Division
    Time sink
    pew pew pew

Very few games that I felt I played well in - and a load of games where my K/D was shocking, .5 or lower. Very fecking salty for a lot of it. Queuing solo was, I feel, the main issue for me I think.

I miss when we had loads of people on for Destiny. Stupid Overwatch, stupid content draught!

20140806161524-beer.jpgdrought11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Played a bit this week too, the lag is just terrible. I've never seen such bad lag. I don't understand, I never seem to be queuing long for a game but when I do get in one the connections are terrible... People not taking damage, teleporting, etc.

I've been playine around with different setups which is refreshing.
    Bladedancer Hunter with a scout and shottie.
    Got a great hand cannon drop too:
    The Lingering Song: Reinforced Barrel, Snapshot, Rangefinder. Need to try this tonight.
    Also,
    The Distant Star: Perfect Balance, Full-Auto, Hidden Hand.

• Advertisement

I did get a nice lingering song - Smallbore, some reload perk and luck in the chamber - which brings the mag down to 5 bullets with LIC. Could be an interesting/fun one for PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

For those of you looking to hit 390-400LL for Challenges

Iron Banner is back next week. If you need Max Light, this is a good way to get there. If you have Max Light, this a great opportunity to get a leg up on the competition. You've earned it!

Begins: Tuesday, April 11, 10AM Pacific

Ends: Tuesday, April 18, 2AM Pacific

The game will be Control!

Auto Rifles
    Shotguns
    Hunter Armor
    Titan Armor
    Warlock Armor

First IB where I'll actually be LL400 and able to hang with the higher LL guys without getting murdered.

Also created two alt characters so I have one of each now, this should help in upping their LL quickly

Also, getting to Rank 5 in IB is a node/requirement in the AoT Record book fwiw

It'll also help with the Control Points node, and individual Class PvP nodes.

A lot of nodes.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Only ever done that once cos of a quest I think.
    Don't hate PVP as much as I used to when I started playing this, makes a nice change from the other grindy stuff.

Also, control is a decent mode I find. Gonna nova bomb the **** out of everything.

Control is great craic altogether and fairly balanced and welcoming of new/inexperienced/bad players

Control is great craic altogether and fairly balanced and welcoming of new/inexperienced/bad players

1412.gif

• Advertisement

Handy for multi kills as well if you're sneaky.

Might try the sunsinger super multi kills if I'm feeling patient. Only one left of the three class quests to finish. Gonna have to look at how I can spec it to actually be effective.

Advertisement