Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vintage tax and insurance

• 14-01-2017 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Pardon the "about to become apparent" pun, but I know this topic is done to death.

Small family business has a 1996 Scorpio hearse. I know many will turn in their graves (jesus I can't stop) at the thought of classifying a Scorpio as vintage, but what are the benefits for such an old vehicle?
    • what rate of vintage tax is there?
    • what rate of insurance is there (it only does limitage milage too)
    • it's still used for funerals. does this mean commercial is the only option?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Need to be 1987 (30 years) or older for vintage tax which is a flat €56 across the board.
    • Not sure on insurance as the hearse would not be a private car so would need some kind of commercial policy.
    • The rate for a hearse is €102 a year, I presume the vehicle can't be used for any other purpose other than funeral related business to be allowed that rate of tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

• Need to be 1987 (30 years) or older for vintage tax which is a flat €56 across the board.
    • Not sure on insurance as the hearse would not be a private car so would need some kind of commercial policy.
    • The rate for a hearse is €102 a year, I presume the vehicle can't be used for any other purpose other than funeral related business to be allowed that rate of tax.

My god, I knew it was thirty years. I thought 1996 was thirty years ago. I'm 28. This is the stupidest I've been in my life. Please disregard everything. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I wouldn't worry, El Inho... I read your post and thought "wow" a vintage Scorpio! Brain freeze!

Advertisement