Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1509 still waiting on vetting etc

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would make a thread for us still waiting on vetting as most people in the main thread are waiting on the call now.

Edit: meant those with a score below 60 who have only completed IST and AC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Timetravel wrote: »
    Just thought I would make a thread for us still waiting on vetting as most people in the main thread are waiting on the call now.

High 60s and still waiting on vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Ooh, our own place. I bags the top bunk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Still waiting myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭hopeful2017

I am in 60s mine has cleared. Does this mean if your vetting didn't clear on time for the call someone with a lower score who has passed everything would get the call?

I am in 60s mine has cleared. Does this mean if your vetting didn't clear on time for the call someone with a lower score who has passed everything would get the call?

Exactly! If I score 70 and you score 67 but you've passed vetting and I haven't the you'll go in before me as I am not in an 'appointable position'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

The person who made this thread meant people who have yet to receive vetting, not vetting that hasnt cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

The person who made this thread meant people who have yet to receive vetting, not vetting that hasnt cleared.

Correct, no harm done though. Wonder if we will get a progression letter before vetting forms? It's ridiculous we've had no contact at all for so long now

I'll get my coat :D

Anyone have a rough idea when the next batch of vetting forms etc will be sent out??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I most assuredly had one of the lowest if not the lowest passing AC score of the 1509 campaign, so when I hear anything we'll know when everyone has been processed ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

Starting to think its never going to happen. They are down to 60.5% of the scores abd im at 60 so should be among the next to get it but have heard zero

Was asking my mate about it who's currently serving he heard the end of January more letters should be sent out which is Good news for us folk

Keep hoping every day there will be a progression letter through the door

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

Glad I'm not on my own. I'm 55-60 after AC .. Are we all in the same boat? Haven't received anything other than that letter about waiting etc.. So frustrated over all of this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PCMAC

I'm so close to 60 - just below and so anxious! Haven't received anything! Can't wait for the day I get the letter!

I got 59.25 in the previous campaign and missed out my score this time I think was just over 55 i think, so I am eternally grateful they lowered the pass mark because I could not go through all this again. This waiting about is a nightmare but those posts on the main thread about those foi's have really encouraged me, however again even looking at some of them they did their PCAs in june and still not a thing, once we have our vetting forms I will be over the moon as atleast that will be the ball rolling.

Think it's 2 weeks tomorrow since we got the progression emails, maybe vetting next week fingers crossed.

Hopefully timetravel, ive been so sick haven't been able to start my fitness!! So so so frustrating.. Do they call you for PCAs based on your score? i cant even remember what i got but was low low low thats for sure lol

rlwni wrote: »
    Hopefully timetravel, ive been so sick haven't been able to start my fitness!! So so so frustrating.. Do they call you for PCAs based on your score? i cant even remember what i got but was low low low thats for sure lol

The only thing worse than being sick is being sick knowing you'll have a PCA to do in the near future. dose of the cold has killed my training this week too but. Think it is based on AC score probably, we're all in the same boat with the low scores but I'm sure we'll get in if we pass everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Obviously you guys will be aiming to pass first time but if you have to retest don't worry. Things set us back in our training but let me tell you the support sessions offered after the first failed attempt are amazing. I would never have passed if it wasn't for them. Still waiting on my vetting clearing though

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sherlock17

How long does it normally take for vetting to clear?

Sherlock17 wrote: »
    How long does it normally take for vetting to clear?

Think it really depends on lots of things but seems like it could be anything from 3 - 8 months

So happy to get my forms today!! Ball is well and truly rolling

PCA dates tomorrow?

Reckon it will be next week.

Would be no point sending PCA dates to people to chose not to return their vetting forms.

Who knows though?

Reckon it will be next week.

Would be no point sending PCA dates to people to chose not to return their vetting forms.

Who knows though?

Never thought of that. I was just thinking they would send them anyway think I read somewhere that if you failed PCA or medical they would cancel your OL so I assumed they would just go ahead. I was just thinking progression letter> 2weeks OL > 2 weeks vetting> 2 weeks PCA

I'll be keeping an eye on the emails tomorrow anyway lol

Didnt it say failure to return the forms counted as withdrawing yourself from the process?

Would love it to be tomorrow myself but thinking next week or two :)

Didnt it say failure to return the forms counted as withdrawing yourself from the process?

Would love it to be tomorrow myself but thinking next week or two :)

Ah you're right enough! I know I just want a date to aim for lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭hopeful2017

What score bracket you in Shane

Advertisement