Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morzine Closing Dates 2017

• 08-12-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all.

Anyone know when morzine is due to close in 2017 - they were supposed to announce in early December but I can't see anything yet?

I am thinking of going in Easter (early April) but have a fear that the resort is closing in April

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lulut

Hi
    According to On the snow Morzine closes on the 9th of April. However Avoriaz is open until 23rd April which is linked to Morzine. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭crosbie

lulut wrote: »
    Hi
    According to On the snow Morzine closes on the 9th of April. However Avoriaz is open until 23rd April which is linked to Morzine. Hope that helps

Thanks lulu,

my issue is that I have booked with an Irish chalet operator for Easter, two families with kids, and they are trying to convince me that all will be well for week of 9th to 16th April --- given the fact that it is working out quite expensive I am having major doubts and it appears that they are not willing to formally confirm closing dates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

crosbie wrote: »
    Thanks lulu,

my issue is that I have booked with an Irish chalet operator for Easter, two families with kids, and they are trying to convince me that all will be well for week of 9th to 16th April --- given the fact that it is working out quite expensive I am having major doubts and it appears that they are not willing to formally confirm closing dates!!

I've been to Morzine a load of times, fantastic spot, love it! Its biggest issue is snow though, first year I went there was no snow at all, and we had to get the bus to Avoriaz (15 minutes or so). 9th to 16th April sounds very late to me, bed on my experience I wouldn't be at all convinced there would be snow. Maybe contact the tourism office?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

crosbie wrote: »
    lulut wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks lulu,

I'd be very surprised if anywhere 'formally confirmed' their closing dates. They'll open as long as snow allows. Could always get a good dump or 2 in spring that could extend it by a week or 2. Snow-farming and -making facilities are impressive these days. 
    As said above, you may need to go to Avoriaz if Morzine is bad (or stay high up in Morzine). IIRC, the lower portion of the Morzine/Les Gets area struggled a lot more than the higher parts. If you can ski/board, getting to Avoriaz can be done by taking the Super Morzine gondola and a cruise across to another lift. I found it a nice warm-up in the morning and preferred it to taking the bus. Spent a winter in Les Gets and there was poor snow all season, so trips to Avoriaz were regular. It would take 45 mins to an hour to get there from Les Gets. If you are with a chalet company, they may have their own 'on-call' transfer bus that will bring you to the best place to access the best of what's available. I remember a lot of people I knew out there were working in chalets and this was part of their job...might be different with your place though.

Advertisement