Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3

• 06-01-2017 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be big tail back on the M3 just now, emergency services are dealing with something up ahead before Dunshaughlin/Trim exit dublin direction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Loose cattle on the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Loose cattle on the motorway

Hopefully nothing more sinister

You weren't wrong

AA Roadwatch‏ @aaroadwatch
    MEATH: M3 closed after J6 Dunshaughlin following multi-vehicle crash involving cattle. Divert @ J7 Skryne/Kilmessan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, get a smartphone, install Twitter and follow @aaroadwatch, @livedrive and @gardatraffic

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Schrodingercat

And when you get into your car put said phone out of reach.
    Checking twitter while driving on the M3 isn't going to help anyone
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭markpb

And when you get into your car put said phone out of reach.
    Checking twitter while driving on the M3 isn't going to help anyone
    :)

You can choose to receive mobile push notifications in Twitter for selected accounts. You could then also install an app like Out Loud which reads notifications aloud. Connect your phone to the bluetooth in your car and abracadabra alakazam your radio goes quiet, you're told about a traffic alert and your radio comes back.

Is there a cow radar app?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will the farmer who failed to keep his/her cattle under control have to pay for the damage to the cars or do they have some kind of exemption?

Will the farmer who failed to keep his/her cattle under control have to pay for the damage to the cars or do they have some kind of exemption?

Some of the land the m3 crosses split farmers lands so they built them special lanes on the bridges to transport their cattle across. A funny sight the first time you see it

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Schrodingercat

markpb wrote: »
    You can choose to receive mobile push notifications in Twitter for selected accounts. You could then also install an app like Out Loud which reads notifications aloud. Connect your phone to the bluetooth in your car and abracadabra alakazam your radio goes quiet, you're told about a traffic alert and your radio comes back.

Yes exactly, do all that stuff, and then put your phone out of reach cos you don't need to touch it.

In all seriousness, I have android auto in my car, so once I plug the phone in it won't respond if I try to use it, and it gets live traffic updates using some sort of googly magic and re-routes you if there is traffic ahead.
    You can ask it (using voice controls) what the traffic is like on your route. It would have saved me a long wait on the M50 a few weeks back if I had trusted it. :mad: Its an extra I would really recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Been travelling on it occasionally lately and I don't think I've ever seen it this busy. The amount of traffic before seven in the morn near Dublin is crazy. Don't know how people make it every day. Surely it can't be like that all winter?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Late September to early October is always the worst time of year for congestion as everyone's back at work, very few holidays are being taken and all the new college students are working out their routines. It will settle down a bit but traffic is up everywhere across the board

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was weirdly quiet on my commute in this morning (albeit nowhere near the M3).

Advertisement