Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway city ring-road

• 05-01-2017 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi can someone tell me when is this Ring Road similar to M50 going to be built around the Galway City? The traffic congestion is a joke for such a small City :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

2024 if there are no further objections.

but i'm sure some person that lives in Dublin will find a reason to object and delay or possibly scrap the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Hi can someone tell me when is this Ring Road similar to M50 going to be built around the Galway City? The traffic congestion is a joke for such a small City :/

Sometime after the Cork to Limerick motorway.

Depending on how many decades until you retire, you may not see it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sometime after the Cork to Limerick motorway.

Depending on how many decades until you retire, you may not see it.

What gives you that idea? The Galway ring road was given the green light for funding while the Cork-Limerick upgrade has not been prioritised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Have you tried cycling? I commute by bike (10km each way). Much more enjoyable and stress free than driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved from Galway to Infra
    When this road is actually happening we can chat in Galway city forum. Right now we have enough threads on how bad the traffic is, we don't need another one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: Discussion on this road is covered here.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement