Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Americans - RTE pace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

brian_t wrote: »
    The episode on New Years Day is "Dinner for Seven" which is Season 4 Episode 11 with a further two episodes to follow.

ah thanks so its a continuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

**heads up**

back on tonight @11.30 rte 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Thanks so much. RTE is weird I can never figure out what they are up to with their times.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

good stitch up of the Korean, but liz feels guilty.

two eps to go..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

can someone fill me in on something

Elizabeth told the Pastor thats its a coincidence that live in the same neighbourhood as the FBI agent..is that true??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

philstar wrote: »
    can someone fill me in on something

Elizabeth told the Pastor thats its a coincidence that live in the same neighbourhood as the FBI agent..is that true??

As far as I can remember this is true. In the first episode Stan and his family moved into the neighborhood and Elizabeth and Philip were shocked to hear he was a FBI agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Well what people think of the finale on Sunday ?  Not as tense as some of the prev . episodes but left a nice few openings for S4.

What will I do now without my American Fix :(

Well what people think of the finale on Sunday ?  Not as tense as some of the prev . episodes but left a nice few openings for S4.

What will I do now without my American Fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I enjoyed it but as a finale I was underwhelmed. Really hoping that Paige's love life doesn't become an arc, that's a sure sign they're running out of material.

* Spoiler Alert - sorry I can't find a way to blank it out.
    Agree - be interesting as well to see how the story develops regarding Philips long lost son 
     Liked that little subtle introduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

whatever76 wrote: »
    * Spoiler Alert - sorry I can't find a way to blank it out.

Stick [/spoiler] at the end of what you want to hide and
    at the start.

I've reversed the order to avoid hiding half my sentence.

my favourite series at the moment

but I felt the season petered out following a mid season peak with the martha story arc.

there are two more swseasons to go.

wondering when beaman is going to have the "hank breaking bad moment?

will it be at end of next season ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Excellent start to season 5 last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Plot holes . They leave their young kids in the middle of the night ? Who runs the travel agency ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Their kids are in their mid teens.
    They have a full staff of travel agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Their kids are in their mid teens.
    They have a full staff of travel agents.

At the start of series kids were not even teens. This is season 5. What age would you leave a kid at home? How do they actually run the business ? They are never there

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

At the start of series kids were not even teens. This is season 5. What age would you leave a kid at home? How do they actually run the business ? They are never there

Paige was 13 in 1981 when it started, and mature for her age. They had a babysitter for a while then Paige was left minding Henry. In the 80s there was nothing remotely unusual about it and Eve today nobody would bat an eyelid. They're regularly shown in the travel agency along with their large staff of, presumably, undercover agents, making a front look like a functioning business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

They're regularly shown in the travel agency along with their large staff of, presumably, undercover agents, making a front look like a functioning business.

I don't think the staff are undercover agents. Philip and Elizabeth always close the door when talking spy stuff and stop talking when staff enter the room. They have on occasion discussed the real operation of the business. They are actually running a genuine functioning travel agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Too much of a lull this season

Should be fireworks next season with Stan discovering who his neighbours are and then getting bumped off by Elizabeth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Stan discovering who his neighbours are and then getting bumped off by Elizabeth
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Amazon Video in Ireland has the first two seasons now.

any news when rte 2 showing season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hi - Where can I find seasons 3,4 & 5 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im not sure we can post dodgy methods on here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Im not sure we can post dodgy methods on here

I've no issue finding those methods or sources! :pac:

But can the show be found on a player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

T-K-O wrote: »
    I've no issue finding those methods or sources! :pac:

But can the show be found on a player?

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/tv-series/the-americans

Only Season 1 and 2 on Prime Video Ireland, that's it. The UK service has Season 3 and 4 so you'd have to badger them to license them for Ireland.

any update when series 5 coming to RTE 2??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Joel Fields (showrunner) said on Twitter it was coming to Amazon on Oct 5th. Confirmed here. Presume it won't be available in Ireland, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone knows when its returning to RTE ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

Haven't seen anything about s5 for RTE, unfortunately.

Advertisement