Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards FSA Charity Champions League 16/17

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

mno101 wrote: »

Group of death!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 gws of the group stages left. The knockout rounds will start in gw21. Last 16, qf and sf will be 2 legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

2 points up on swiper with kane left vs walker
    Winner will most likely qual for for last 16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

km79 wrote: »
    2 points up on swiper with kane left vs walker
    Winner will most likely qual for for last 16

Amazingly I have a similar situation in my FSA premier league tie with KevIRL.
    Have you factored in my 3 point autosub?

Amazingly I have a similar situation in my FSA premier league tie with KevIRL.
    Have you factored in my 3 point autosub?

I factored in 2 pts not 3 !
    So one point up Kane vs walker

A giant killing is in sight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

km79 wrote: »
    I factored in 2 pts not 3 !
    So one point up Kane vs walker

A giant killing is in sight :D

Am I the giant? :o:p

You're too kind.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm trying to add scores but I'm no longer allowed to edit the spreadsheet anymore for some reason.
    Could someone add these scores to group F please? Thanks.

GW17
    spock 51 - 38 TheDazzler
    bof 44 - 43 finnnharpsboy

GW18
    spock 61 - 58 bof
    finnnharpsboy 63 - 74 SoonerOrLater

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

spock. wrote: »
    I'm trying to add scores but I'm no longer allowed to edit the spreadsheet anymore for some reason.
    Could someone add these scores to group F please? Thanks.

GW17
    spock 51 - 38 TheDazzler
    bof 44 - 43 finnnharpsboy

GW18
    spock 61 - 58 bof
    finnnharpsboy 63 - 74 SoonerOrLater

c777545d31fe2758d7fc837e069e5590.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

c777545d31fe2758d7fc837e069e5590.png

Cheers. Doesn't look like the points column is updating anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm out as Stephenl15 produces a scintillating 79 points to send me packing. Alchemist33 goes through to the knockout stages along with Skippy44 as Dahat offered no threat with his 52 point hit.

c0dff9ed1ef5c120bc614adb4e87a031.png
    6a46d62f0d85cec75b8468eea5daa4b8.png

• Advertisement

• Guys, what GW does the knock out start cause I'm about to take a big dirty -12 or -16 and don't wanna do it at the knock out stages.

Guys, what GW does the knock out start cause I'm about to take a big dirty -12 or -16 and don't wanna do it at the knock out stages.

Gw 21

• Gw 21

Thanks. Big dirty hits incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

If somebody could add the Group A results:

PATMAC 54 KevIRL 72
    Lucas Hood 45 Boots234 75
    I think this means Boots234 is through and I need to avoid a defeat and I will Join him.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Group G updated in spreadsheet if someone could copy in here

Swiper unlucky - same points as KM79 but -4 transfer so a 4 point defeat and out of the running

KM79 and myself through to knockouts I think, but feel free to double check

Group c
    Gw 15 busts 48 glados 37
    Mr prodston58 missing links 34
    Gw 16
    Missing links 69 wonski 51
    Busts 61 Mr prodston 43
    Gw 17 glados 40 missing links 45
    Mr prodston 50 wonski 48
    Gw 18
    Glados 65 Mr prodston 54
    Wonski 59 busts 88

Table
    1 busts 7 18
    2 Mr p. 8 12
    3 glados 7 9
    4 missing l 7 9
    5 wonski 7 6

Gw 19 fixtures
    Wonski glados
    Busts missing links

I'll have to read through the thread to see if I said what happens in the event of a tie. If nothing said those on equal pts will have a playoff in gw 20. Knockout round starts in gw 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sorry lads, I've had no time to catch this up but am doing it this morning.

Group A

404912.JPG

Boots234 is home and hosed. Anything from Zarquon to seal top spot.

KevIRL looks in trouble but Lucas Hood can do him a favour with a 3 point or more win.

Group B

Invincible Albert Large Trigger is obviously through. Intriguing below that though as any of the other four could make it. Colking plays a waiting game while dasa29, thanks to the goal difference advantage could sneak it with a win over Klopp's boys, who will surely rest a few!! :)

Did we say gd comes into it fhfc

Group c
    Gw 15 busts 48 glados 37
    Mr prodston58 missing links 34
    Gw 16
    Missing links 69 wonski 51
    Busts 61 Mr prodston 43
    Gw 17 glados 40 missing links 45
    Mr prodston 50 wonski 48
    Gw 18
    Glados 65 Mr prodston 54
    Wonski 59 busts 88

Table
    1 busts 7 18
    2 Mr p. 8 12
    3 glados 7 9
    4 missing l 7 9
    5 wonski 7 6

Gw 19 fixtures
    Wonski glados
    Busts missing links

I'll have to read through the thread to see if I said what happens in the event of a tie. If nothing said those on equal pts will have a playoff in gw 20. Knockout round starts in gw 21.

Group C

Busts had burst across the line with his fine recent form.

I've just seen the above post about ties, so depending on that my last couple of updates may be invalid. I was assuming it would be Points Difference seeing as we're going to the bother of calculating it.

If so, Prodston needs results elswhere to go in has favour, as Pts Diff would see GLaDOS go second with a win over Wonski. Missing Links would need to hammer Busts to be in with a very outside chance.

• Advertisement

Did we say gd comes into it fhfc

See above, cant remember but I always assumed it would as in the normal Champions league or any round robin stage, that why I set up the sheet to work it out. Will read back.

FHFC wrote: »
    See below, cant remember but I always assumed it would as in the normal Champions league or any round robin stage, that why I set up the sheet to work it out. Will read back.
    The group stages will be run over 10 Gws. We will play each team in your group twice. The group stages start on GW10 and will run every GW till GW 19.
    The top 2 in each group will qualify for the last 16. Knockout stages apart from the final will be over 2 legs. Ill decide on all the gws for that before the group stages are over. My thinking would be to not include and gws that will have blanks for those games. Gw 20 will be used for playoffs if teams finish level on points. 3 pts for a Win and 1 for a draw.
    My hardworking assistant FHFC will be along early next week with the fixture list. An engraved trophy for the winner and the hope would be we could run this every year. Great work by all we have raised a considrable amount of money.

This is all I can see on the other thread. Up to you, I'm easy. And I say that not having updated my own group so no idea where it stands.

This is all I can see on the other thread. Up to you, I'm easy. And I say that not having updated my own group so no idea where it stands.

OK tks for looking that up. Ye I think playoffs in gw 20 for teams that are level on points as per the OP.

Group D

404916.JPG

Proudly propping up the table, hopefully thats FHFC's only time in that position over the next year!

Iroced is in a strong position, but tom_k and mno101 can make it a three way tie with wins.

OK tks for looking that up. Ye I think playoffs in gw 20 for teams that are level on points as per the OP.

Thats gonna be awkward if you end up with a 3 way tie which is possible in Group D at least.

I had also assumed it was points difference anstbats why the column had been included

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Thats gonna be awkward if you end up with a 3 way tie which is possible in Group D at least.

Maybe the highest scorer out of the 3? Also it could be 3 way tie for second in Group A if Lucas Hood beats me in the final game.

By the way. For those of you wondering about the money raised (which at this stage I'd assume is all of yous!).

Disneyland was great, it was a bit cold but the kids had a ball!!! :D

Seriously, I've been meaning to post this for ages....I sent it off around October and it took them a good while to reply, as thankfully this end of the year is quite busy in their fundraising dept.

404923.jpg

I'm easy whether its gd or a playoff. If its a 3 way playoff the top 2 scorers of gw 20 go through so not a problem. Or if its a 3 way playoff for 2nd the highest scorer will go through.

• Advertisement

I'm easy whether its gd or a playoff. If its a 3 way playoff the top 2 scorers of gw 20 go through so not a problem. Or if its a 3 way playoff for 2nd the highest scorer will go through.

Yeah either will work. Goal Diff was obvious to me and never considered anything else. I had also thought it went straight to the knockouts, didn't realise we had a spare week. Woulda been a simpler spreadsheet if that wasn't needed.

It's irrelevant to me so whatever people prefer.

Advertisement