Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Here's where yas are all hiding!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Also when I saw the thread title my heart skipped a beat. I thought finally gen 2 has launched!!! Not cool boards. Not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

smokingman wrote: »
    Any Omantye spawns in Dublin City centre lads?

Yup, there's one I know of here. You can find others on The Silph Road Atlas. ;)

Actually, I missed the "City Centre" part of your post but The Atlas does show what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

I know it's not the city centre but I got 6 in less than 30mins in the War Memorial Park a few weeks back. That spawn might now be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Pearse Square Park

only 1 or 2 at a time, not much of a nest but they do spawn here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Bah second scyther in a row from ten K
    And the very next hatch... Togepi.

Saweet ,ill take the scyther!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

There was one outside Bewleys on Grafton Street at 1.30 on Wednesday, don't know if it is a regular spawn or just a one-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Diemos wrote: »
    Pearse Square Park

only 1 or 2 at a time, not much of a nest but they do spawn here.
    Thank you sir! Got two there and have enough for my evolution now. Also have enough Kabutos for an evolution there after getting 9 in Stephens green.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

New phone new thread I got a good feeling about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well I hatched a Gastly today so that's the optimism of the new thread crushed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

Is anyone having trouble starting the game over the last few days?

Game is hanging after the loading screen for me more often than not this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭minikelvin

Sparko wrote: »

Yeah that's happened me a few times alright. I have to close and reopen the app a few times sometimes

Has happened to me a few times in the last three weeks too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Need to switch location on and off if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Usually pick them up on the Luas line near Smithfield around 9am. I caught 6 or 7 there over a couple of weeks but not been looking for the last month.

Same here on my Galaxy S7 but even before that, I was having similar trouble with the iPhone version ever since I updated to iOS 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Happens to me if I turn the game on as I'm leaving the house. When the connection goes from wifi to data it crashes the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Irishbrick wrote: »
    AMGer, let us know what it's like!

Works pretty on well one the first try, probably a few bugs that need to be ironed out. It lost connection with the phone app twice on me, and when you have the phone open for an extended period the egg distance only updates every four minutes, it's still accurate but when the phone isn't open the egg distance updates in real time, even just walking around the house.
    Hatching eggs you get the graphic like the phone and it shows you the move set at the bottom when the Pokémon hatches. Unlike the phone though you don't need to click the screen to start a hatch, doing that dismisses it instead, so I did miss a few hatches (including a Pichu).
    You can turn on and off the notify for pokestops and Pokémon if you want, I found if you're walking to hatch eggs its handy to turn them off as the watch is constantly buzzing with notifications otherwise.
    Looking forward to getting out with it a bit more and getting completely used to it.

Got two more babies today - a third Pichu and a fourth Cleffa. Today was s Doduo hatch heavy day aswell, must have got four/five of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Tracker is showing me a snorlax in the closed cemetery up the road. I'm absolutely gutted. If it was something I actually needed for the dex I think I'd be close to packing in this game. The new tracker is not designed for where I'm living at all.

No double XP or candy folks

Single use incubators from pokestops along with increased chance of hatching the gen 2 babies.
    Then increased spawns for the gen 1 starters and their evolutions. Really would love to catch a Venusaur or Charizard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Onthecutout325

AMGer wrote: »
    No double XP or candy folks

Single use incubators from pokestops along with increased chance of hatching the gen 2 babies.
    Then increased spawns for the gen 1 starters and their evolutions. Really would love to catch a Venusaur or Charizard.

Where did you get such information?

B0llocks to that anyway

Incubator a day..... Holy poop.... Well. Played...... You horrible gits

I'm happy with that announcement...... Anyone else?

Double XP would have been nice but I'm happy anyway, Togetic not too far off and I can never get enough of that starter Pokemon - and I've never actually seen a wild Charmeleon, Venusaur or Charizard so that should be class

Double XP would have been nice but I'm happy anyway, Togetic not too far off and I can never get enough of that starter Pokemon - and I've never actually seen a wild Charmeleon, Venusaur or Charizard so that should be class
    Somehow I've managed to see them all, although seeing venosaur in Paris was one of the most stressful catches ever, sent herself one way down the park and me the other way! Must have looked like two fecking nut jobs screaming at each other! Good times :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I've never actually seen a wild Charmeleon, Venusaur or Charizard so that should be class

I just missed out on a wild Charmeleon in the middle of town this week. Fecker despawned just as I got there, was gutted!

Would have liked shorter buddy distances for candy, but at least I know I can go ahead and grind the Pidgeys that are taking over my bag now.

As for the increased chance of hatching babies, I doubt it, more likely a ploy to increase incubator sales!

Free incubator a day makes me doubt this, I think everyone should have one by the end of this event!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Where did you get such information?

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/holiday2016/

• Advertisement

The babies are pretty much an irrelevance to me. I wanted to finish the gen 1 dex and this lack of double candy and shorter buddy distance means four are a distant dream. I may not last long in the game now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement