Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does Santa wrap the presents he brings to your house?

• 22-12-2016 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Steven Ashy Newsman

He's much too busy can't be ársed to wrap the stuff he brings to us. We wrap our presents to each other and for family and friends though. OH says his Santa presents were always wrapped as a child. I can only remember the odd 'special surprise' being wrapped for us. Tbh, I don't think I would have liked everything being wrapped because I'd be anxious that I didn't get what I asked for :o I much rathered walking into the room and seeing everything there laid out ready to play with :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They were never wrapped in my house growing up. Santa wraps my nephews' presents though. I must find out why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Santa brought everything in bin bags to our house as kids. Saved time.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭xlogo

No - the lazy bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

They were never wrapped in my house growing up. Santa wraps my nephews' presents though. I must find out why!

Cos their Santa has notions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Not wrapped when I was a child and now Santa doesn't wrap my children's gifts either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No Santa can barely put them together let alone wrap them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Always wrapped. Extends the fun! When else do you get a mountain of presents to unwrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Always unwrapped and set up in our house. Meant we could just get straight into playing with them.

Lisha wrote: »
    Cos their Santa has notions!!

He delivered the wrapping paper already (it would take up too much space on the sleigh otherwise) and it has emojis on it. Notions!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Santa never wrapped my presents. I think he doesn't wrap them so you know what ones he brought. Clever fella if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

No Santa can barely put them together let alone wrap them

The trick is no alcohol beforehand.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Steven Ashy Newsman

Actually that reminds me I remember a woman on another forum who used to wrap everything (up to 40 presents including little stocking fillers) for her little boy every year AND wrote a little personal note from santa on each one.

She was usually way ahead with her wrapping but had left it til the last minute and was literally facing a huge mountain to wrap and write notes for on xmas eve. She was begging for advice online but refused to entertain the notion of not writing personal notes on each gift as her son enjoyed reading them and wouldn't be happy without them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wrapped of course.

Shocked at the amount of lazy non wrappers here. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Unwrapped!

I think it made it more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not Wrapped. Santa doesn't have the time or patience to wrap his presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 missvicky

The things we asked for were always unwrapped and then a small few surprises were wrapped. Santa will do the same this year for our kids,I think it adds to the excitement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Unwrapped here too. Sometimes Santa misplaced my presents and I'd find them during the year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Always wrapped! Sometimes in Christmas sacks too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

He's much too busy can't be ársed to wrap the stuff he brings to us. We wrap our presents to each other and for family and friends though. OH says his Santa presents were always wrapped as a child. I can only remember the odd 'special surprise' being wrapped for us. Tbh, I don't think I would have liked everything being wrapped because I'd be anxious that I didn't get what I asked for :o I much rathered walking into the room and seeing everything there laid out ready to play with :D

Same argument in my house. I'm same as you. Santa doesn't wrap, but did for my missus. he doesn't for our kids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

this thread needs a poll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Definitely wrapped here! You can't beat the thrill of tearing off the wrapping paper to see what is inside!
    And it's always Santa paper and Santa writes on a piece of paper with his left hand who the presents are to and from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Cory Square Banker

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Always wrapped. Extends the fun! When else do you get a mountain of presents to unwrap?

Same in my house growing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Santa used to leave our presents under our jumpers that were left under the tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If only Santy left a phillips screwdriver as well that be great

nala2012 wrote: »
    Santa used to leave our presents under our jumpers that were left under the tree!

That's really cute.

Ours were always laid out on the couch and our interests were always varied enough that we'd know straight away which pile was ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ps who the f is santa? it's santy to us Irish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Never wrapped when I was a kid. And I can totally understand why. Santa doesn't wrap my daughter's presents either. There's enough waste packing to go in the bin!

Santa also didn't put our presents together, that would have ruined a massive part of the fun. To be fair, I haven't had to do that yet (dolls need no assembly!), but I would do it for a child under 4 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have never in my life heard of Santy not wrapping presents.

That's about the laziest thing ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rosie Gold

I don't think I'll bother wrapping them, even though my daughter has expectations now that they should be wrapped from learning Christmas songs at Montessori- wrap the presents happily fa la la la la la la la. I really need to get out to the garage and start assembling soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Sometimes wrapped as a child,
    Never wrapped for OH as a child

Always wrapped now for ours, as we think it adds to the excitment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement