Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fargo Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hope it's half as good as season 2 which was an absolute masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Carrie Coon (The Leftovers, Gone Girl) has joined the cast:
    Coon will portray Gloria Burgle, a practical woman who grabs the fire extinguisher when the bacon catches fire and everyone else panics. The chief of police in Edna Valley and a newly divorced mother, she struggles to understand this new world around her where people connect more intimately with their phones than the people directly in front of them.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I just hope it doesn't outlive it's stay because the first two seasons were masterpieces in story telling and it would be a shame to tarnish that legacy. That said...more of something with so much promise is pretty much irresistable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd watch Carrie Coon do a crossword, this will be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

I much preferred the first season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Just finished the second season. UFOs?....

I get The Man Who Wasn't There reference but that's no excuse to go sub-Xfiles.

Also the Mr.Tripoli link seemed very forced.

Two minor flaws in an otherwise brilliant season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is joining. She will play Nikki Swango, a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge playing. Nikki is a woman with a plan, focused on always being at least one move ahead of her opponents.

http://tvline.com/2016/09/16/fargo-mary-elizabeth-winstead-season-3-cast-fx/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Channel 4 confirms that they will show it.
    Production on the third instalment of Fargo is tentatively scheduled to begin later this year and air on FX in the US and Channel 4 in the UK in 2017.
    http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4s-going-back-to-fargo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Mcgreggor will be riding the reaction from the train spotting sequel so that will be interesting.

The third season of FX’s Fargo is set to start shooting in Calgary and area in January.

Fargo creator Noah Hawley also said that the third season would take place in 2010.

http://calgaryherald.com/entertainment/television/extras-sought-for-season-3-of-fargo-open-casting-call-saturday-at-the-clarion-hotel

• Advertisement

David Thewlis has joined

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Xofpod wrote: »
    Just finished the second season. UFOs?....

I get The Man Who Wasn't There reference but that's no excuse to go sub-Xfiles.

Also the Mr.Tripoli link seemed very forced.

Two minor flaws in an otherwise brilliant season though.

Yeah, the whole UFO thing kinda fell on it's arse, the reasoning for putting it in seemed fair enough but it was pretty poorly executed, everything else was pretty amazing about season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I thought season 1 was brilliant. I didn't really enjoy S2 I thought it lost its way. Looking forward to S3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

jca wrote: »
    I thought season 1 was brilliant. I didn't really enjoy S2 I thought it lost its way. Looking forward to S3.

I do get why people didn't like the UFO thing, but apart from that I preferred season 2. I thought the overall story was stronger and the characters had far more reason to do what they do.

It's a phenomenal TV show either way. Genuinely excited about what season 3 will bring.

Also added to cast are Michael Stuhlbarg, Shea Whigham, Scoot McNairy, Thomas Mann, Karan Soni and Fred Melamed

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starts Wednesday April 19th - more info about plot if you click through.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/817355-fargo-season-3

Ewan McGregor looking like Dennis Waterman :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Ewan McGregor looking like Dennis Waterman :P

Is he going to write the theme tune and sing the theme tune?

Is he going to write the theme tune and sing the theme tune?

He showed his singing chops in Moulin Rouge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xofpod

When did Rent Boy turn into Begby?

There are a few more teasers online. I liked this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Only a month to go can't feckin wait!

Will have to do 1 and 2 again to get ready :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

really hope that this is good. loved season 1. season 2 not really. I found the butcher and his wife to be very annoying to watch at all times and the last couple of episodes were like the writers didn't know how to finish it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

season one was brilliant, didnt find season 2 half as good. not gagging to see another one, if it gets great reviews ill catch it up later

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

brian_t wrote: »
    There are a few more teasers online. I liked this one.

Time to put out an APB for E.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Season 1 and 2 were both excellent.

Can't wait for this one.

• Advertisement

as a shocking cast news follow up on season 2 I see that Fat Damon (Jesse Plemons) is now engaged to Kirsten Dunst. She used to be a cracker at one point. Those days are gone.

Advertisement