Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Identifying & sourcing an old Christmas tree bulb

• 18-12-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi Fellow Christmas Fans,

I'm in need of your help. We have a very old set of Christmas tree lights (Circa 1980's) which are of huge sentimental value.

Unfortunately a bulb has blown and I know it is going to be difficult to source.

With these old lights one blown bulb means the whole set will now not work.

Can someone please help me identify the bulb type (I see references to C6, C7 etc on the net but I'm not sure)

I have attached a picture to help.

If anyone can help identify or point me to where I can source same - you will have helped keep a family tradition going!

Sincere thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

go to your local Maplins

or check they're website

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ebay has a few selling vintage screw in fairylight bulbs but not sure if they're same as yours, as well as charging through nose for delivery (if you don't use parcel motel or the like) and taking a while to get here.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sweeper4

The bulb looks like it would be from a Pifco set. I presume you no longer have the original box by which to identify the specific lights? Try a Google image search for Pifco Christmas Lights, you might spot your set and thus the name. From there An Ebay search for Pifco Replacement Bulbs should yield plenty of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

sweeper4 You are FANTASTIC!

It looks like they are Pifco bulbs.

I have ordered some from an EBAY Seller - not cheap, but you cant put a value on keeping a tradition going!

Happy Christmas!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's great!
    You'll have to let us know if they arrive on time for the big day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

sweeper4 wrote: »
    The bulb looks like it would be from a Pifco set. I presume you no longer have the original box by which to identify the specific lights? Try a Google image search for Pifco Christmas Lights, you might spot your set and thus the name. From there An Ebay search for Pifco Replacement Bulbs should yield plenty of results.

That's some serious Christmas knowledge right there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Laeot

Lazybones wrote: »
    Hi Fellow Christmas Fans,

I'm in need of your help. We have a very old set of Christmas tree lights (Circa 1980's) which are of huge sentimental value.

Unfortunately a bulb has blown and I know it is going to be difficult to source.

With these old lights one blown bulb means the whole set will now not work.

Can someone please help me identify the bulb type (I see references to C6, C7 etc on the net but I'm not sure)

I have attached a picture to help.

If anyone can help identify or point me to where I can source same - you will have helped keep a family tradition going!

Sincere thanks in advance.
    Bit of tin foil will do the job.
    That's how they were replaced in the 70's 😀

Advertisement