Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trials of Osiris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Genuinely enjoyed Trials today. Didn't go flawless or anything (thats still a dream) but did get the 5 wins for the emblem.

I turned the in game music off to listen for double jumps. You need to be careful not to collapse on people straight away when you drop an opponent. A lot of shotgunners in corners camping.

On a separate note they should remove heavy completely from Trials or go back to the old system. That round isn't about 3v3. Its area control and you rarely end up using the heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Played a couple of cards last night, good laugh when your hunting down the last member of the other team. No radar/no revive didn't really change it much for a so so pvp player like myself.
    Half way through we got into a strange rhythm of getting stomped out the door in one match and the next we would stomp the opposition, this continued till the games finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,045 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So no revives again in Trials this week, and one of the bounties is for getting revives

Oh, Bungo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Got my first (non-carry) flawless run last night. It's been something I've been aiming to do since a couple of months into The Taken King. I've been hitting 7 wins consistently for weeks now, but never beyond. Feels great to not only get there, but to do it without just being a blue orb sitting there for 90% of the time. Loads to think about and work on, but nice to break the duck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Serbian wrote: »
    Got my first (non-carry) flawless run last night. It's been something I've been aiming to do since a couple of months into The Taken King. I've been hitting 7 wins consistently for weeks now, but never beyond. Feels great to not only get there, but to do it without just being a blue orb sitting there for 90% of the time. Loads to think about and work on, but nice to break the duck.

Its a great feeling :D And then sitting in the lighthouse afterwards is brilliant :D oh remember you can bring a fireteam to the lighthouse with you now ;)

• Advertisement

think I'd gladly be a blue orb for 90%+ of the time just to get there at this stage. Lighthouse/grimore for this is probably about the only thing not done/got in destiny.

syboit wrote: »
    think I'd gladly be a blue orb for 90%+ of the time just to get there at this stage. Lighthouse/grimore for this is probably about the only thing not done/got in destiny.

Do you get the Grimoire just by going there or do you actually have to go flawless? I, or someone else, could bring you there in their fireteam, that might be enough to get the points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Do you get the Grimoire just by going there or do you actually have to go flawless? I, or someone else, could bring you there in their fireteam, that might be enough to get the points.

If someone brings you in the fireteam you get the grimoire now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Form an orderly queue people. No pushing. No saving spaces. Oi, you, get back to the end.

Form an orderly queue people. No pushing. No saving spaces. Oi, you, get back to the end.

The upped the amount of people you can bring in your fireteam to it aswell from what I remember :D

• Advertisement

Didnt think this was possible to be honest, but would give it a go allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Ah lads, didn't know that at all! Screw flawless then! I'm a grimoire guardian of the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,045 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sign me up for short bus seat to the Lighthouse

Yeah they made the change a week after I went flawless 😂😂😂

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah they made the change a week after I went flawless 😂😂😂

Nathan. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Where is your pride lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. (Great film is pulp fiction).

Haven't done trials in about a month but I'll give it a go again Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Where is your pride lads?

At this point in the game, I have neither the desire nor the inclination to break my back to get an adept weapon I might use and an emblem. Grimoire always meant more to me, and at this point it's nearly all I have left to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

So, anyone want to come for a spin to the lighthouse? Get yer grimore while ye can. I'll be on for like another half an hour & for a bit tomorrow depending on how much is drank later

On for a few hours today. Happy to bring anyone to the Lighthouse if you're on Xbox One. Gamertag is NutCity, just drop me a message and I'll join up with you as soon as I can.

• Advertisement

On for a few hours today. Happy to bring anyone to the Lighthouse if you're on Xbox One. Gamertag is NutCity, just drop me a message and I'll join up with you as soon as I can.

Cool, might be on later will drop ya a mesg.

syboit wrote: »
    Cool, might be on later will drop ya a mesg.

Still on if you're looking to go!

Still on if you're looking to go!

Hi, didnt get on last night I'm afraid, if I'm around tonight I might drop a a buzz.

Welp, I tried to take someone to the Lighthouse yesterday and it said they didn't have access to this activity :( I guess they changed it that you do need a flawless card to get in there. Sorry guys, my bad for spreading bad info.

Unrelated, but this weekend was the lowest Trials participation on record (apart from the time they cancelled Trials because of the Shadowshot exploit, which still hit almost 200k accounts in one day) — down another 10% week on week to under 300k accounts for the first time ever.

I wonder if the map was the determining factor? I personally struggled a lot on the map this week with a shotgun / pulse rifle loadout. I played with two snipers, waited for them to get the pick, then I pushed in to try and deny the res. Felt pretty useless, and I haven't used a sniper in a long time, so felt like I'd be more of a liability using my LDR.

Anyway, here's hoping with the Dawning coming today, we might see an uptick in participation.

Welp, I tried to take someone to the Lighthouse yesterday and it said they didn't have access to this activity :( I guess they changed it that you do need a flawless card to get in there. Sorry guys, my bad for spreading bad info.

Dont worry about it, this place is known for misinformation.
    Unrelated, but this weekend was the lowest Trials participation on record (apart from the time they cancelled Trials because of the Shadowshot exploit, which still hit almost 200k accounts in one day) — down another 10% week on week to under 300k accounts for the first time ever.

I wonder if the map was the determining factor? I personally struggled a lot on the map this week with a shotgun / pulse rifle loadout. I played with two snipers, waited for them to get the pick, then I pushed in to try and deny the res. Felt pretty useless, and I haven't used a sniper in a long time, so felt like I'd be more of a liability using my LDR.

Anyway, here's hoping with the Dawning coming today, we might see an uptick in participation.

What was the map?

I'd say it's a combination of factors tbh. Player numbers have fallen off (you can see that within the clan here), and the ones that are left would be the dedicated players (not pro but dedicated). Then, for trials, you will have the "pro" players as the, not majority, but with less "casual" players jumping in to trials, your more than likely going to come up against more skilled players more often, which will lead to a struggle getting to LH, which leads to the "casuals" getting fed up being matched against flawless players on their first 1 or 2 matches.

I barely touch trials as inevitably, first match up is against a team of multiple flawless runs, lose 5-0, then match 2 through to 5 you up against teams in and around your own skill level, then it's back to flawless groups.

What was the map?

I'd say it's a combination of factors tbh. Player numbers have fallen off (you can see that within the clan here), and the ones that are left would be the dedicated players (not pro but dedicated). Then, for trials, you will have the "pro" players as the, not majority, but with less "casual" players jumping in to trials, your more than likely going to come up against more skilled players more often, which will lead to a struggle getting to LH, which leads to the "casuals" getting fed up being matched against flawless players on their first 1 or 2 matches.

I barely touch trials as inevitably, first match up is against a team of multiple flawless runs, lose 5-0, then match 2 through to 5 you up against teams in and around your own skill level, then it's back to flawless groups.

The map was Shores of Time. It's the first time it's been used in trials, and to be honest, it was a bit of a shît show. If you spawned over at the beach beside the A flag, you had control of the capture point and the heavy ammo. Most teams camped around the river and got picks as players coming from B looked for angles. I really didn't enjoy it tbh and wouldn't have bothered playing on another character only that some really good players I know needed a third.

I think they're trying out some maps with longer sight lines to try and mixup the shotgun meta at the moment, which doesn't suit my game, but I think is a good thing. We're going to see the population spike a trough a lot more than it did as Trials gets more experimental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The problem is primaries are utter trash so you either have maps with long enough sight lines to snipe uncontested, which becomes incredibly slow and tedious, or maps where you can close the gap quick enough with a shotgun to negate primaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Primaries are fine, imo, the TTK is just about right on them. Secondaries being too powerful, especially in conjuntion with movement speed is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd disagree. Shotgun range is very low at the moment and they still dominate. It's far too easy to get behind cover mid primary gun fight at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,883 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    It's far too easy to get behind cover mid primary gun fight at the moment.

Yeah, it is - good. I don't want Destiny to become a twitch shooter where you have no real time to react to getting shot. Snipers and Shotguns are enough for that type of play imo. As for Shotgun range being low? Matador64 doesn't feel low range at all - the kill distance on that thing feels way to far. And that (or a gun very close to it) is all you are seeing.

I'd mush prefer the balance of the game changed so that primary gun fights, with the current TTK, were the guns primarily used - and Specials being used in special circumstances - rather than primary use of the specials and emergency use of the primaries.

Advertisement