Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know Your Elves #8 - kitten_k

• 12-12-2016 8:57am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good morning one and all. Here we are it's the last Know Your Elves of 2016. There is now less than two weeks to the big day. The run in is well and truely on!

This year we are finishing in puurrrrrrfect style with kitten_k.

So first up, Roses or quality street? Favourite Christmas movie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Good morning one and all. Here we are it's the last Know Your Elves of 2016. There is now less than two weeks to the big day. The run in is well and truely on!

This year we are finishing in puurrrrrrfect style with kitten_k.

So first up, Roses or quality street? Favourite Christmas movie?

I would rather Celebrations over those two.

My favourite movie is not really a Christmas themed movie but use to always be on at Christmas and it is Mary Poppins!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Best day: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or St. Stephens' Day?

Do you have any "unusual" Christmas traditions?

Best day: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or St. Stephens' Day?

Do you have any "unusual" Christmas traditions?

I love Christmas Eve, there is so much excitement around!

Don't really have any unusual traditions that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Hi kitten_k.

What's your favourite childhood Christmas memory?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do you have a favourite Christmas advert?

Tinsel- love it or hate it?

Do you have a favourite decoration?

If you could only have one type of stuffing with Christmas dinner, what would it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Whats your favourite TV Christmas special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Fav part of your Christmas dinner - Turkey or the ham?

Hi kitten_k.

What's your favourite childhood Christmas memory?

One Christmas my sister and I asked for a HiFi. We opened all the presents and no sign of the HiFi :( Then my dad says he spots something under the tree - we were delighted!

Posy wrote: »
    Do you have a favourite Christmas advert? - I love the Guinness one, was sad this year when the rumour was going around saying it wouldn't be on so was delighted when I seen it.

Tinsel- love it or hate it? - I like tinsel but we don't have any up as my housemate hates the stuff so wouldn't be fair for her to have to look at it!

Do you have a favourite decoration? - When I first moved out of home my folks bought me a lovely snowglobe for my first Christmas in my own place.

If you could only have one type of stuffing with Christmas dinner, what would it be? - My mam makes the dinner and always uses the packs of Country Kitchen stuffing.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Whats your favourite TV Christmas special?

I like funny ones like A League of Their Own, Mrs Brown, The Big Fat Quiz of The Year. I also always have to watch the Strictly one too.

• Advertisement

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Fav part of your Christmas dinner - Turkey or the ham?

My mam cooks them on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas Day she puts them together with stuffing in the middle and then bakes for a while, they are then covered in gravy....yummm, so it's hard to choose just one. But if I could only eat one I would chose turkey as I don;t really eat it at any other time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi kitten

Do you partake in an alcoholic beverage at Christmas?
    If so, what do you drink?

Do you have a cheeseboard or other nibbly bits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How do you spend Christmas Eve

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi kitten

Do you partake in an alcoholic beverage at Christmas?
    If so, what do you drink?

Do you have a cheeseboard or other nibbly bits?

Oh I partake in many an alcoholic beverage!! I usually drinks Coors but have recently changed my drink to vodka, lime and sparking water so will have them. The only thing is my granda comes down about 11.30 for a drink and I am not sure if I should start vodka that early!!

No I always have trifle for dessert! My Mam wasn't going to make it one year - there was nearly riots!!

How do you spend Christmas Eve

I have the same routine every Christmas Eve. If my friend is working I will mind the little one until she is finished at 1. She is off this year so we will be at home. We will have baths / showers and get into our Christmas jumpers (we got my goddaughter a lovely Santa outfit for this Christmas Eve). We will then open our stocking presents as we don't be together to open our main presents together on Christmas morning.

After that we load up the car with all the presents that we have to give out and head down to my folks. We stay there for a while and have my mams homemade sausage rolls (another order that is always placed at Christmas!)

After that we go to my friends folks and see them. The three of us sleep there on Christmas Eve, once we have L asleep we head to the local for a few drinks. Then we go home for turkey and ham sandwiches. Then off to bed for Santa!!

Advertisement