Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas tree with a decent smell..where?

• 07-12-2016 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I'm in Dublin, have you noticed the majority of Christmas trees on sale in the last 10 yrs have no smell at all? I'd really like to get a fantastic smelling tree this year. I don't care if the needles drop! I've never been able to find any. Please let me know if you found any last yr or this yr? Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

My family thought I was mad when I told them 2 years ago that there was no smell from the tree. Last year they were instructed to buy a smelly tree but still no decent Christmassy smell. I miss that!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Noble Fir have the strongest smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Thanks...where to get these Noble Firs? My husband thinks I'm mad he couldn't care less but the smell really makes it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

loup wrote: »
    Thanks...where to get these Noble Firs? My husband thinks I'm mad he couldn't care less but the smell really makes it for me!

I always get a strong smelling Noble Fir in the Carrickmines Christmas Tree Farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BeneGal

loup wrote: »

If you're anywhere near Celbridge, the ACRE project have Noble Firs and are selling them at Salesians school.

They also have Nordmann Firs which supposedly look fuller - you might be able to ask for a branch off a Noble for the smell and stick it into the Nordmann for the best of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

BeneGal wrote: »
    If you're anywhere near Celbridge, the ACRE project have Noble Firs and are selling them at Salesians school.

They also have Nordmann Firs which supposedly look fuller - you might be able to ask for a branch off a Noble for the smell and stick it into the Nordmann for the best of both.

They do :D

403688.JPG

No smell though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

That looks amazing, haven't seen a real tree like that for a really long time.

I got this myself to help with the smell
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/candle-jars/yankee-candle-christmas-garland-large-jar/invt/063488

Also saw these, but went with the candle as thought I could manage the strength of the smell a bit more easily
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-home-decorations/scentiscles-fir-scented-tree-ornaments/invt/065683

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Just to update I got a fabulous strong smelling tree from Kilakee Christmas Tree farm so it would seem these farms are the place to go! Alicat great looking tree pity no smell!!

Advertisement