Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quality Street, Roses, Celebrations, etc .. thread..

• 10-12-2016 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I came to the Xmas part of boards thinking people will be all about the proper tins of quality street and roses but nope not a thing.

I heard vicious rumours that superquinn/value are selling proper old school tins of these.

Can anyone confirm or deny said rumour?.. I rarely shop there.

Or anywhere else that sells them and deals for said Xmas sweets.

Also merry Xmas everyone !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I came to the Xmas part of boards thinking people will be all about the proper tins of quality street and roses but nope not a thing.

I heard vicious rumours that superquinn/value are selling proper old school tins of these.

Supervalu definately have metal tins ( and big ones at that) of quality street for I think under 8 Euro. Must pickup one . Dunno about the others tbh .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome, murphyebass. :)

If you have a look around the forum, you'll see that we have discussed such things in the general chat thread, and the deals/bargains thread is where to keep an eye out for special offers.

Quality Street still come in tins, but Roses only come in tubs. (And are made by Cadburys so are mostly pretty awful now anyway.)

Screamer is right. Supervalu have the Quality Street tins at the moment for €8.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/food-cupboard-seasonal-quality-street-tin-1-32-kilogram-/p-1455024000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Off to superquinn today it is so. Don't like going there as I end up spending a fortune but I'll be a man on a mission for quality street today. Lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Best of luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Anybody seen any Milka teacakes for sale anywhere? I've looked in Tesco and SuperValu (who normally have them) but no go.

Christmas won't be Christmas without them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

sonic85 wrote: »
    Anybody seen any Milka teacakes for sale anywhere? I've looked in Tesco and SuperValu (who normally have them) but no go.

Christmas won't be Christmas without them!

You may have just been unlucky and Tesco were sold out when you were there, I'm 99% sure I saw them in Tesco last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've seen the rose, Jacobs, Dunnes brand of tea cakes and haven't seen the Milka ones to the best of my knowledge!

Advertisement