Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Thats rift for ya
    I noticed my team didn't really know what to be doing half the time, most didn't realise that you got points for running with the spark anyway, even if you got killed.
    There was actually a few times where they just stood around it shooting people and then waiting for more to arrive..

My question above about the bounties exp increasing was actually from your reddit thread as I discovered :)

Edit; Which I've just noticed is the first page on this thread as well ha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have my Titan at 71% for the Thorn bounty, Warlock 20% and Hunter 0%
    Hunter needs to win 3 games to get the FWC shiny cloak
    Bounties
    This will be my focus
    PTFO be damned

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tazzimus wrote: »
    My question above about the bounties exp increasing was actually from your reddit thread as I discovered :)

Edit; Which I've just noticed is the first page on this thread as well ha

Most have adapted the Iron Banner. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see any drops until I was Rank 5 and by then it was only Pub Stomping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cash them in whenever you want. They also will not carry over till the next IB so no point saving them

Not true. I had a single bounty complete from last IB and when I logged in yesterday it was still complete.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Not true. I had a single bounty complete from last IB and when I logged in yesterday it was still complete.

I wonder did he mean all things are going to change with the patch next week. I've used bounties from previous IBs but also lost loads when a patch dropped.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've used bounties from previous IBs but also lost loads when a patch dropped.

#neverforget

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I wonder did he mean all things are going to change with the patch next week. I've used bounties from previous IBs but also lost loads when a patch dropped.

Yeah, maybe it was the patch that removed them, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Been off ill all week so had a chance at this. Destiny is much more enjoyable after a break I find. Just hit rank 5 and after getting 2 sidearms from my packages the game decided to finally RNGSUS me when I completed the level 5 quest with this:

Clever Dragon with Red Dot - Smallbore - HCR - Counterbalance. Lovely, HCR may knock by Grasp out of its slot..

Also got more assists than any man has ever gotten ever (possibly due to being ~380 light?)

74e34d7007d81c26d807c8adc84665f5.png

May attempt trials if I can find people, the destiny bug is back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

AdamD wrote: »
    Been off ill all week so had a chance at this. Destiny is much more enjoyable after a break I find. Just hit rank 5 and after getting 2 sidearms from my packages the game decided to finally RNGSUS me when I completed the level 5 quest with this:

Clever Dragon with Red Dot - Smallbore - HCR - Counterbalance. Lovely, HCR may knock by Grasp out of its slot..

Also got more assists than any man has ever gotten ever (possibly due to being ~380 light?)

74e34d7007d81c26d807c8adc84665f5.png

HCR on the dragon is very nice allright, using one last night on my warlock (last character to move off auto rifles to high fire pulses). Took me a while to get used to the sights, I just prefered the ones that are on the grasp.

I've got smallbore/HCR/hidden hand on mine, but I think rangefinder if possible might be better than hidden hand.

P11 W9
    I'm liking this new Gimli Based Matchmaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ill be hitting rank 5 on my warlock later.

Overall have to say i enjoyed it,starting to develop a bit of map awareness now which helps a lot.

That matchmaking though,very few close games. Either won by a lot or lost by a lot. Found the closer games to be more enjoyable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

AdamD wrote: »

[IMG

What's the link to find Thoes stats

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Joined in on the lads on Saturday when they were losing bad, first game in I was top of the board and we won :P

My KDR was practically double what it normally is. Even hammered I was doing ok. Was down to the game mode and not trying to carry the spark. Although in one game when carrying it, at one point I was over 5000 points and the next nearest was 1300 (a game we lost)

Got a lot of boots which was grand as it got all 3 characters to 400. Strangely Rift seems easier soloing than other modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My KDR was practically double what it normally is. Even hammered I was doing ok. Was down to the game mode and not trying to carry the spark. Although in one game when carrying it, at one point I was over 5000 points and the next nearest was 1300 (a game we lost)

Got a lot of boots which was grand as it got all 3 characters to 400. Strangely Rift seems easier soloing than other modes.

My KDR varied wildly.

If I played the objective I died a lot.
    If I played for kills my KDR was much healthier - but where's the fun in that?

I've been trying to get somewhere in between. I'll often let other people take the spark and try to defend / clear the area. I think rushing to grab the spark as soon as possible is a mistake, you need to make sure you're clear before you grab it.

atsbury wrote: »
    What's the link to find Thoes stats

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query

Filter to your hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That was the least enjoyable Iron Banner for me. Found it hard to win and as a game mode it is just poison when you get spawn trapped - can be hard to fight out of it.

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    14 34 542 284 389 1.39 2.12 41.18%

Clever Dragon Super Kills Palindrome Matador64 Finallas Peril Grenade Kills Melee Kills Jade Rabbit Silvered Dread Harrowed Quiliums Terminus
    166 90 63 55 53 44 28 14 13 1

My win/loss varied wildly. The Titan was something like 8-1 which was reversed for the Hunter. Would have liked to use the Arc Warlock but nothing manacles and scatter grenades are too much fun.

Employed run and gun tactics so stats are a little different from what I'd be used to seeing, actually enjoyed it after the massacre of the first night was left behind. That's all 3 to level 5.

u9Wj7hz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

dudeeile wrote: »
    http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query

Filter to your hearts content.

Filter by Rift for the last week (this should get all your Iron Banner games).

• Advertisement

Cant embed pic it as im on mobile but im pretty happy with my first iron banner. Felt like i played a lot more games of it than i did. Went from 388 to 394 LL over the weekend too so that helped me enjoy it more i think.

Ranking up from 390 to 400 is the worst, if you aren't raiding. Your gear options are quite limited. Skeleton Keys, IB and the NF which will muck around and drop you coins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ranking up from 390 to 400 is the worst, if you aren't raiding. Your gear options are quite limited. Skeleton Keys, IB and the NF which will muck around and drop you coins.

Gims you just need to get your raid on dude :P

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cant embed pic it as im on mobile but im pretty happy with my first iron banner. Felt like i played a lot more games of it than i did. Went from 388 to 394 LL over the weekend too so that helped me enjoy it more i think.

Auto rifle much. You should check out Monte Carlow if you have one.
    jonnycivic wrote: »

*shudders*

Gimli stay doing what you're doing.

jonnycivic wrote: »

No need all the guys are @ 400 now :)

No need all the guys are @ 400 now :)

Gims, there a special way to make your char "Overpowered" to 420LL, you can only unlock by doing the raid :P haha

Yeah i felt the hard light auto rifle was the only real gun that i was happy with. The fast fire rate allowed me to supress people a bit quicker than they could me. I have to stop just looking at LL,i keep dismatling/infusing everything so at any given time my loadout is all over the shop. Pretty much none of my gear was perked out for half of the IB.

Ive heard its boots and chest that will hold me back,stuff is starting to decode at 397 now though which is nice.

To my shame im 394 light and have never done a raid or nightfall:( Have to get over my hesitancy when you guys are offering to carry. I did want to look at a vid or two though so id have some idea whats going on.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Yeah i felt the hard light auto rifle was the only real gun that i was happy with. The fast fire rate allowed me to supress people a bit quicker than they could me. I have to stop just looking at LL,i keep dismatling/infusing everything so at any given time my loadout is all over the shop. Pretty much none of my gear was perked out for half of the IB.

Ive heard its boots and chest that will hold me back,stuff is starting to decode at 397 now though which is nice.

To my shame im 394 light and have never done a raid or nightfall:( Have to get over my hesitancy when you guys are offering to carry. I did want to look at a vid or two though so id have some idea whats going on.

Dude throw you name in for the sherpa runs this/next week :)

Yeah i need to get onto that,been to long now without even trying a raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

I think this has been the most fun IB I've played. Only played stormcaller for the duration, was that the reason? The change to matchmaking has been good in so far as hardly any redbars/lag, was that the reason? Along with the MM changes - the teams have been diluted more meaning more kills for most, was that the reason? Got mercy, got mercied(?), got owned by a 245 grimore player. On the whole, very enjoyable IB. Warlocks are fun but by Jesus Christ the amount of times that stiker Titans shut down my super wasn't even funny. My controller going dead just as I popped a super was a good one.

Advertisement