Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kishoge station: A white elephant never opened

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Has there ever been wind of this being opened now that the Community College has been opened and of course with PPT open now...

Oh to be able to abandon the 25A/B some mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

There was an article there about a counseller giving out about it not being open. Is Daft that its the same situation as wad the case with Hansfield. A perfectly good station ready to go but the council not doing their part and building the access road to it.

Realistically there should be pressure on the authorities to get their end done. IR can hardly be blamed for it since the problems not on their end but the councils.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Last year the NTA stated they would look at the funding position in relation to opening the station after commencement of the PPT services. Have heard nothing about it since from either IE, the NTA or local politicians.

There's an online petition to open the station:-
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/minister-shane-ross-must-open-kishogue-rail

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

Will Kisheoge station ever open, nothing in the media about it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭willbeuptuesday

Has anyone an news on this, will it ever open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

Last thing I heard it is due to open with the commencement of DART trains running on the line. I don't think it was intended to open with intercity or commuter trains. So, basically, ages away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

The carpark was finished off not too long ago. There was money allocated for its opening which I presume was for the carpark surfacing and tidying it up ect. Pretty sure IE built it into the last timetable as well. I guess with the reduction in passengers and trying to discourage all but essential travel its opening will be deferred until restrictions are a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

yer man! wrote: »
    Last thing I heard it is due to open with the commencement of DART trains running on the line. I don't think it was intended to open with intercity or commuter trains. So, basically, ages away.

It will open before DART. Wouldn't make any difference if its Dart or commuter trains serving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It will open in December when the annual timetable change takes place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement