Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euromillions raffle

• 01-10-2016 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What does everyone think about it?

Usually buy 2 lines when the jackpot gets a bit higher but now it costs an extra 50c per line to be entered in to a draw for the chance to win €5000 - I would rather not pay to be in the draw

Seems like they're just trying to grab more and more money off people with no better chance of winning

Bit like the daily millions scam - looking at the past 8 draws the best prize ever paid was like €1000 between 2 people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Chandler Freezing Slogan

EM is a bit of a rip off, you're donating to foreign pension funds, charities, retailer margins and administration fees.
    The best value (lotto-wise) is the pick 3/4/5 numbers with bookies in the regular lotto.

Sure every so often there are winners, good stories and positive results, these lads from Clare (below) collected their 5+1star 195k prize in style/disguise this week. Image screen-grab, credits, and article featured in the Irish Mirror website

___eurodosh.png

Another lucky Wexford man was joined by his family as he collected a cheque for a whopping half million euro after he won the top prize of the EuroMillions (Plus draw) on Tuesday 11 October. He was a full time carer for members of my family and we were living from week to week on carer’s allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

10 x guaranteed €5k winners means that if 100,000 lines are sold, you've got a 1 in 10,000 chance of winning €5k... which isn't bad for a lottery game, especially if you buy on weeks where the jackpot is low where presumably your odds will increase..

on average, how many lines are sold per draw in Ireland for Euromillions? I'm guessing it can't be much more than 100,000...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Anyone know if the Lotto App checks the raffle numbers when scanning the ticket. The FAQ page on the lotto website is acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

on average, how many lines are sold per draw in Ireland for Euromillions? I'm guessing it can't be much more than 100,000...

Would guess a lot more than that, most people are buying at least 2 lines I would assume

Celticfire wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Lotto App checks the raffle numbers when scanning the ticket. The FAQ page on the lotto website is acting up.

Just downloaded the app and was wondering that too

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Dylan123

Where can one see the euro millions live. (what tv channel or website)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dylan123 wrote: »
    Where can one see the euro millions live. (what tv channel or website)

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV3DqCeVRxgShk3hEVMISSvK53yXKqy-p

Advertisement