Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid subscription - not a subscriber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Last 2 post moved here from Help Desk.

@fitze69 - I'll ask the guys in the office to take a look at this for you.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Just subscribed myself , interested in the subscribers forum and changing my user name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Hi there, just added fitze69 and jobyrne30 to the Subscribers group.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Super! Thanks, Andres!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi,

I subscribed on Saturday (could have been Sunday), I was wondering when I can add a custom avatar and post pictures and links?

I don't notice any difference!

Thanks,
    SD6AS
    I know Andres has already added you to the subscriber's group but to add the right subscription to your account, would you mind PMing me the name or email address on your Paypal account so I can find your transaction? Thanks!

• Advertisement

pad_ehh wrote: »
    Yes, myself and other users "JoeyD" and "The Honey Monster" have paid for subscriptions but they have not been added to our accounts yet. :)

I've added your subscription starting from today. Thanks and apologies for the delays :)

fitzer1982 wrote: »
    Hey how do I get access to the subscribers forum, I just made a payment?

I've added your subscription, effective today. Thanks for subscribing and apologies for the delay.

Just subscribed myself , interested in the subscribers forum and changing my user name.

I've updated your profile now to add your subscription effective today. Thanks for subscribing!

Apologies for the mix up while I was away guys. There are very few subscriptions at any given time and aside from asking Andres to look into the issue we are having necessitating the manual addition of subscriptions, I didn't ask anyone to cover adding them manually while I was gone. My bad, I'm sorry it caused stress for some of you. I've updated the profiles of the 4 users who posted here while I was away and I'll get those who posted in Helpdesk shortly. I'll go through the subs on Paypal asap and catch anyone else who hasn't posted here.

For anyone who is posting here with the same issue, if you use a different email address on Paypal to the one on Boards and you haven't included your username as a reference, please PM me or email hello@boards.ie with the transaction ID or the email address you use on Paypal or the name on your Paypal account so I can add the sub to your account. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Hi,

I paid to add a subscription and it doesn't look like it's been added

SK

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

steokeogh wrote: »
    Hi,

I paid to add a subscription and it doesn't look like it's been added

SK

A one month non-recurring subscription has been added to your account. Thanks very much for subscribing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Is this still not fixed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

How do I cancel my subscription?

You can do it via Paypal or we can do it via Paypal for you (you'll still get a message from PP in that case to say it's cancelled)

You can do it via Paypal or we can do it via Paypal for you (you'll still get a message from PP in that case to say it's cancelled)

If you could do it, that'd be great as I'm locked out of the Paypal account I used to set it up initially. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Still not fixed I take it?! Need my Christmas avatar fix...

Paypal Transaction ID: 5J296286YR464192C

Boards.ie Employee

Still not fixed I take it?! Need my Christmas avatar fix...

Paypal Transaction ID: 5J296286YR464192C

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. One month non-recurring subscription added to your account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thanks!

Mark, if a user subs but doesn't tell you, is their money taken and nothing done? No sub received. Money in the Boards bank acc?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mark, if a user subs but doesn't tell you, is their money taken and nothing done? No sub received. Money in the Boards bank acc?

Niamh checks regularly to match Paypal payments to user accounts. If the user uses a different e-mail address for Paypal and Boards or lists a different username in the Custom field then we do need them to come to us.

However, if it isn't spotted immediately, we add the full subscription from the date that it's added to their account.

But there are cases where you have the money but no sub added? A sub paid for but not received by a user?

Is that not something that deserves urgent attention, however many cases of it there are?

It's really a case of "Pay for your sub and you'll probably get what you paid for."

Boards.ie Employee

But there are cases where you have the money but no sub added? A sub paid for but not received by a user?

Is that not something that deserves urgent attention, however many cases of it there are?

It's really a case of "Pay for your sub and you'll probably get what you paid for."

You are right; it deserves urgent attention and is something that we are trying to resolve. And we frequently check PayPal activities to ensure that subscriptions are added promptly.

For the most part, people subscribe so that they can change their username so they are quick to highlight that they are currently unable to do so. This thread and e-mails to hello@ are great tools for this and checked constantly.

And until we can get PayPal to play nice again we will continue to check regularly and add subscriptions manually.

This thread was started in March...

Boards.ie Employee

This thread was started in March...

And we're always hoping it won't have to stay open much longer. Believe me, we'd like it fixed as much as anyone - an automated system gets new subs exactly what they wanted when they send a payment (particularly useful for those who subscribe overnight or at weekends).

PayPal changed something and it's unclear what, but the more technically minded are looking into it. In the meantime, myself and Niamh will keep doing what we need to to ensure that subs are added to accounts in a timely fashion :)

And we're always hoping it won't have to stay open much longer. Believe me, we'd like it fixed as much as anyone - an automated system gets new subs exactly what they wanted when they send a payment (particularly useful for those who subscribe overnight or at weekends).

PayPal changed something and it's unclear what, but the more technically minded are looking into it. In the meantime, myself and Niamh will keep doing what we need to to ensure that subs are added to accounts in a timely fashion :)

KERSPLAT's point still stands. It's been almost 8 months and you're still talking like this is something that was discovered just this week.

Boards.ie Employee

KERSPLAT's point still stands. It's been almost 8 months and you're still talking like this is something that was discovered just this week.

It does; it's a fact. I'm not trying to argue otherwise. But I did want to respond and reassure that we're still working on it. That's all I can do for the time being, but hopefully we'll have positive news in the near future.

For the most part, Mark, you make sense and I agree with most of your posts in general but the above is bull****. This is happening for 8 months and should have been a priority since day one. It's not an error on a webpage, it's people's money that in some cases can be taken and a user not receive what they are paying for.
    hopefully we'll have positive news in the near future

Gimme a break. If your dev can't sort this issue in 8 months you need new dev or a new payment system. Either way the lack of action is absolutely shocking.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It really isn't good enough that this hasn't been sorted. It should have been priority #1 in everyone's book when it first arose back in March.

An absolutely farcical situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Just subscribed.

Can you hook a brother up?

Advertisement