Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Technical agricultural officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Iloverain

I saw that alright. It would be nice to know how many applied for Technical Agricultural Officer aswell.

Yea they aren't really talking about us in the press atal 😯 The little man doesn't get as much attention 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Horti

That doesn't sound right. If you came 9th you should definitely get a job. They told me my position on the order of merit but didn't say if I would get a job or not. They said the department would contact me if they reached my number on the panel.

Exactly the same thing they said to me but haven't heard anything yet...just shows how slow the whole thing moves. Wouldn't lik to be no120 id say the panel would have expired at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

BaaLamb wrote: »
    Oh dear the numbers that applied for the Assistant Agricultural Inspector roles are pretty high for some of the positions including the one I applied for:eek:

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/applications-flood-in-for-departments-agricultural-inspector-jobs/#

Goodness knows when they will start calling for interviews!

I applied for the Chemist (Lab based) along with 57 others. I wonder how many they'll take on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Otisright

Horti wrote: »
    Exactly the same thing they said to me but haven't heard anything yet...just shows how slow the whole thing moves. Wouldn't lik to be no120 id say the panel would have expired at that stage.
    Hi
    Has anyone heard anything re the job yet. I'm number 21 on the list but haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering if they've started hiring
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BaaLamb

I applied for the Chemist (Lab based) along with 57 others. I wonder how many they'll take on.

Maybe we should start a separate thread for the Ag Assistant jobs? What do you think?

• Advertisement

Otisright wrote: »
    Hi
    Has anyone heard anything re the job yet. I'm number 21 on the list but haven't heard anything yet. Just wondering if they've started hiring
    Thanks

Not a thing yet...wonder why we all rush to get this job when the money is s**t..does anyone know how long it would be before money wud improve any bit??

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Not a thing yet...wonder why we all rush to get this job when the money is s**t..does anyone know how long it would be before money wud improve any bit??
    Depends on your idea of good money; when you're unemployed the €22455 doesn't seem too bad!
    €22,455.00
    €23,745.00
    €24,584.00
    €25,997.00
    €27,412.00
    €28,836.00
    €30,220.00
    €31,299.00
    €32,675.00
    €34,058.00
    €35,449.00
    €36,838.00
    €38,230.00
    €39,578.00
    €41,401.00 MAX
    €42,788.00 LSI1
    €44,169.00 LSI2

Hi all got the call Thursday last for position in cork it was my third preference on location but declined as not feasible for me to be travelling...just said I'd let everyone on this know that they have started recruiting. Anyone else heard anything??

Hi all got the call Thursday last for position in cork it was my third preference on location but declined as not feasible for me to be travelling...just said I'd let everyone on this know that they have started recruiting. Anyone else heard anything??

Hopefully 40 more turn down the job :)

When were they looking to start and was it in a factory?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

rliston wrote: »
    Depends on your idea of good money; when you're unemployed the €22455 doesn't seem too bad!
    €22,455.00
    €23,745.00
    €24,584.00
    €25,997.00
    €27,412.00
    €28,836.00
    €30,220.00
    €31,299.00
    €32,675.00
    €34,058.00
    €35,449.00
    €36,838.00
    €38,230.00
    €39,578.00
    €41,401.00 MAX
    €42,788.00 LSI1
    €44,169.00 LSI2

I assume that's standard starting in the lower levels of the public service, how often does it increase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Polly Rock

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has been called in relation to job offers in this role? Just trying to find out roughly whereabouts they are on the call list :) thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Polly Rock wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has been called in relation to job offers in this role? Just trying to find out roughly whereabouts they are on the call list :) thank you

I rang them 2 weeks ago and they had still only placed 11 people. They told me to wait at least a month before I enquired again because they didn't expect much to happen any time soon :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Opelmanta1

Well all,I am placed no.6 on panel and still heard nothing on TAO job..who did ye contact for information?

I rang PAS. You should definitely ring to see what's going on.

I rang PAS. You should definitely ring to see what's going on.

Yes il try that thanks..just thought once interviews were over that we were finished with PAS and it was over to the dept. It's all very easygoing..wonder will d job follow the same lines!!

Opelmanta1 wrote: »
    Yes il try that thanks..just thought once interviews were over that we were finished with PAS and it was over to the dept. It's all very easygoing..wonder will d job follow the same lines!!

Well you were right because PAS initially gave me a name and a number to call in the dept. But they sent me back to PAS!

Another 9 people are going to get called this week. It's going by location so it will be the top people in their location not necessarily the top people in the whole panel. Probably why you didn't get a call before Opelmanta, there was nothing in your location at the time.

Yes that is exactly what the PAS said last week..do you have any idea of the locations they are hiring for?

No I wish I did. I'm not expecting a call anyway, I'm a bit far down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Aliasjones

Anybody call the PAS this week and get an update?

• Advertisement

No update since.

I was hoping I'd know before Christmas...beginning to look like that won't happen now :-) I'm trying to visualise what Spring is going to be like when the cows start calving, kind of hard when you have no idea where you might be sent.

Well if no 6 on the panel that posted above hadnt been called when 11 people had they must be trying to place people inside 1 if their perferred locations if theyre not going up in order?
    Did anyone ask pas this?

Aliasjones wrote: »
    Well if no 6 on the panel that posted above hadnt been called when 11 people had they must be trying to place people inside 1 if their perferred locations if theyre not going up in order?
    Did anyone ask pas this?

Yea as far as I know you only get offerd your preferred locations.

Aliasjones wrote: »
    Did anyone ask pas this?

Yeah see my post above #48

Did anyone get called the past two weeks?:)

Well as of last week only 10 had been placed in jobs

€22,455.00
    €23,745.00
    €24,584.00
    €25,997.00
    €27,412.00
    €28,836.00
    €30,220.00
    €31,299.00
    €32,675.00
    €34,058.00
    €35,449.00
    €36,838.00
    €38,230.00
    €39,578.00
    €41,401.00 MAX
    €42,788.00 LSI1
    €44,169.00 LSI2

What do the last 3 figures in this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Iloverain wrote: »
    What do the last 3 figures in this mean?

Maximum and Long Service Increment.

• Advertisement

Maximum and Long Service Increment.

I don't understand tho how you can go over the max. Or am I missing something

Advertisement