Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star hurls

• 27-11-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Need help! Thinking of buying a hurl from Star Hurls in Kilkenny but I just want to make sure my order is clear. Does anyone know the name of the style of bás they sell that is slightly wider and doesn't require any insulation tape? Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭big_drive

How do you mean doesn't require insulation tape? No Hurley requires tape

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciaranm47

big_drive wrote: »
    How do you mean doesn't require insulation tape? No Hurley requires tape

Sorry what I meant was that the style of bás that is slightly wider down the shaft of the hurl. I'm unable to post a URL but if you look up padraic maher you'll find and image related to an article with him with his helmet in hand and in a sarsfield jersey. By the way it's an Irish times article thanks.

It's a type of Cork shape that Maher uses.

If you just tell them you want to order the Paraic maher shape they will know what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

Oh Sweet God, we are still rearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ciaranm47

Smith614 wrote: »
    Oh Sweet God, we are still rearing them.

Just asking for a bit of help lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

As an ould fella in our club says. "if you can hurl then hurl and less of the excuses".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

As an ould fella in our club says. "if you can hurl then hurl and less of the excuses".

What baseball bat do you hurl with yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

The kind of new aged thinking the Cork County board typically adopts when making decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Are they hard got? Much of a waiting time these days?

Looking to order a few 'keepers sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cur1z

Maher uses a Bourke hurl. They have his template on their website.

• Advertisement

cur1z wrote: »
    Maher uses a Bourke hurl. They have his template on their website.

He's on their site but doesn't use their hurleys. They have a style they make that's names after the style he uses, same with Seamus Harnedy

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Fishingmad2013

Wondering if anyone can help me here, is it possible for a Hurley maker to replicate a hurl for you??...If so does anyone know where the best place would be to get it done?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sorry to resurrect a thread, but 65 Hurls will make to your desisired shape...

Plus they do a Cork model that sound similar to what the OP wants...

www.65hurls.com

Advertisement