Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bad Santa 2

Options
  • 28-02-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,008 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently Billy Bob Thornton has has signed up for sequel with Steve Pink to direct and script is by Doug Ellin - As much as I love the first film I don't think it needs a sequel plus no John Ritter and Bernie Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The amount of dreadful sequels that have been produced is becoming a joke but I would definitely welcome a Bad Santa 2.

I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd be in the leave it alone it's a brilliant stand alone film, can't see were they would take a sequel well one worth watching anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Baze

I'd be in the leave it alone it's a brilliant stand alone film, can't see were they would take a sequel well one worth watching anyway.

I agree.

I hate remakes generally but sequels I don't see harm in.

If they are crap, they're soon forgotten.

If Billy Bob, Lauren Graham, Tony Cox and The Kid are in it, then I see no reason why they couldn't make another great film.

John and Bernie, even if alive (God rest them) wouldn't be in the sequels as they just worked at the place that was being robbed and I doubt robbing the same place that led to their downfall would be part of any script.

Here's 'The Kid' now:

9315823.jpg?size=620x400s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Jesus, he just got taller, barely changed at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jesus, he just got taller, barely changed at all!

jasus billybob has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The first one was one of the best Christmas movies EVER.

If you don't laugh at the last line of this trailer, you have no sense of humour. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm not thrilled about the prospects of this at all, especially sans Bernie Mac and John Ritter, and if recent sequels to early 00's comedies are anything to go by, it may well fail to capture the magic the original had. I'm open to being surprised, and hope we don't have another Zoolander 2 on our hands, but neither the original director or writers are involved, so this is definitely a wait and see.

Prepare to have any doubts about the sequel wiped away. This is the funniest trailer I've seen this year so far.

NSFW (bad language, nudity, puking, and racism) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Literally can't wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Kathy Bates popped in at the end, too. :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loved the original but this looks a bit too "slapstick-y"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Yeah that doesn't look great at all.

Like all the funniest bits crammed into the trailer but aren't even that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

smash wrote: »
    Literally can't wait for this
    That sounds quite serious, so what are you doing then? A nap in the freezer until release day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That sounds quite serious, so what are you doing then? A nap in the freezer until release day?

I'm staring at my clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That looks cat

New red band trailer (some scenes NSFW)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Don't mess with greatness. I don't like the look of it. Looks like TV quality camera work, and not the good "golden age of TV" style.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,008 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didn't realise it was out here this weekend :o very little promo

Reviews haven't been great. The original had a special charm and a lot of heart underneath it all, but I've heard that this one is just 90 minutes of shouting insults and bad language with none of the wit behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mr E wrote:
    Reviews haven't been great. The original had a special charm and a lot of heart underneath it all, but I've heard that this one is just 90 minutes of shouting insults and bad language with none of the wit behind it.

I knew they were gonna make a fcuk of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)
    Dumb and Dumber To (2014)
    Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser (2015)
    Zoolander 2 (2016)

Comedy sequels decades later are always so good.

It was OK. Funny in parts and better than I expected it to be.

It didn't have anything like the John Ritter/Bernie Mac dynamic from the first one - there wasn't anything similar in the sequel.

They didn't really know what to do with charity owning couple either. I wonder if much was left on the cutting room floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Wow. Not much interest on boards. Just saw this and really enjoyed it. The kid's part was probably too forced and he was in too much of it but I understand why as it would be a pretty dark story otherwise but I'll definitely stick it on next Xmas after the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Watched this during the week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Found Willie's grasp of history and theology absolutely hilarious. As above, will definitely watch it again this time next year. Also found it considerably funnier than Office Christmas party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

HD rips of this are now online from today. Good timing eh?

Just 24% on Rotten Tomatoes but I think film critics and crass adult comedies have never really got on well together.

Worth 30 mins to see if it's decent at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tried to watch it this morning.. sound was atrocious. Film didn't seem much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Saw this in the cinema last week. Almost as good if not as good as the original imo. Went with my wife and 22 year old son. We all liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Thought this was absolutely terrible, disappointing as a big fan of the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Watched 30 minutes of it and fell asleep :/ some funny bits and will try it again but I'm not expecting much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Pure ****e, nothing near the original. Thank Gaaaawd I saw it for free.

Advertisement