Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unfunny Irish comedians <<MOD note in OP>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

30 posts in and not a mention of deirdre o kane,i"ve had funnier hangovers. SHE IS BRUTAL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Must be opposite day

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Neil Delamere

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

osarusan wrote: »
    Andrew Maxwell is the unfunniest person ever.

This one time I met Andrew Maxwell in the street and randomly hugged him.
    To this day I don't know why I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

30 posts in and not a mention of deirdre o kane,i"ve had funnier hangovers. SHE IS BRUTAL

Yes she is. Well no one has mentioned other awful comedians either though, Neil Delamare (oops think he was just mentioned!) for example.

Think any comedian pushed by RTE is generally god awful!. Seen a girl on Brendan O Connor show other night Alison Spittle, desperately unfunny and ignorant to the World.

It's such a shame comedy has to be to be the lowest common denominator dumbed down dross ever. Worst is when it is masked as 'edgy/cool/sharp or cynical'. Thinking of you Republic of Telly again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i personally cannot stand

PJ gallagher,
    Jason Byrne
    karl Spain

terrible in my opinion, but then again all comedy is subjective, so to each their own :)

Holy ****, took this long to mention jason byrne

And yer man Jimeoin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dara O'Briain .....can't see what the brits see in him, they can have him

Andrew Maxwell.... he should retire now..before he embarrasses himself further

Brendan Grace .....well past his sell by date

Brendan O'Carrroll (as Mrs Brown) otherwise he can be funny

Rubberbandits...wtf?? ...plastic bags over they're heads and speak with knacker Limerick accents, its wearing thin fast lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭mosstin

That PJ Gallagher has only been mentioned once is remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Some of these comedians are well past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

That Dermot Whelan guy from the radio.

D1ckhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Romesh Ranganathan is worth a mention.

No he isn't.

Dylan Moran is seriously funny. Kudos also to David O'Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Ed Byrne. Painfully unfunny. I haven't seen the lad in years but all I remember is his lank, greasy hair and the yellowed brown teeth, sounding like a young lad whose voice had just broken. Surgically attached to the smug article that is Dara O'Briain of course. I haven't a notion how he sold one ticket to his gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Someone just list every irish comedian, because a group of people will dislike every single one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Cienciano wrote: »
    Someone just list every irish comedian, because a group of people will dislike every single one of them.

Steady on, we all love Syl Fox

said no-one ever:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

All of them tosspots on 'Funny Friday'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I love Tommy Tiernan, Des Bishop, Sean Hughes, Dylan Moran and Dara O'Briain.

The rest are sh*t (in my opinon!) but Jason Byrne, Brendan O'Carroll, Brendan Grace and Andrew Maxwell are particularly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Comedy perhaps the most divisive genre of all, few people have mentioned Dara O'Brian, personally find him very funny it's a mystery to me how the likes of Andrew Maxwell, Jason Byrne, PJ Gallagher and Neil Delamare have careers as comedians but i guess they appeal to some people. I'v never found low brow comedy funny, the jokes are often way too obvious and poorly delivered. I also don't like comedians who focus on one aspect, Al Porter for example seems unable to make a joke that isn't about him being gay or from a working class area branch out a bit with your jokes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Kadser

The only thing wore than an Irish comedian is an Irish female comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

That young fella whose whole shtick is that he's gay and now that he's depressed. Not a single glimmer of originality.

So Porter has jumped on the depression gravy train.....

The megabucks will be rolling in now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Kadser wrote: »
    The only thing wore than an Irish comedian is an Irish female comedian.

I've yet to laugh at a female, Irish or otherwise, stand-up comedian ..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Paddy Porter

Spot on MadDog.....I have yet to hear anyone who is remotely funny !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I find Tommy Tiernan to be very funny in conversation, his radio/television interviews tend to be quite entertaining. Not the best at stand-up however.

I'd agree with this. I always find his interviews very funny. His stand-up is brutal these days.

I think Dara O'Briain is the most unfunny male comedian of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Maeve Higgins...funny once.Katherine Lynch is Brendan O'Carroll for culchies. Ed Byrne is talentless. Dylan Moran is basically playing himself. I saw him in the early 90s and his routine was unchanged for the next ten years and only a few TV slots saved him.Deirdre O'Kane; cancer is funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

There hasn't been a decent Irish comedian since Dave Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Maeve Higgins, PJ Gallagher, Dermot Whelan

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I remember seeing PJ Gallagher doing his whistling taximan, rolled up newspaper routine on one of those candid camera shows and one of the targets, when tapped by Gallagher's character with the newspaper, said something along the lines of "touch me with that again and I'll ram it up yer hole". Gallagher had enough sense to get lost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 rhino_hunter

daire o brien is a smug t0sser of the highest order , he is also wogan like in his love of england

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bernard O'Shea will forever be the unfunniest comedian.

Jennifer Maguire isnt far behind him although I dont think shes a comedain at all, shes just tragic, yet RTE keep pushing both of them with their terrible radio slot and also the TV show.

I've seen funnier armed conflicts on the news than Bridget and Eamonn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan.
    Mostly because he obviously had talent when he first came out but then decided to waste it by tailoring his act for pissed up morons, - real lowest common denominator stuff.

Tommy Tiernan, Hector and every other son of a bitch from Navan who thinks they are a comedian because Naaaaaaaaaaaavaan

Advertisement